The neverending story of Parma FC and 'Il Muro di Berlino'

Reaction score
View attachment 220184

Fabio Cannavaro named Parma FC manager

View attachment 220177
The ex-Italian captain has taken over at Parma FC, now named Parma Calcio 1913 following their July 2015 financial crisis which destroyed the club before it was created again a month later. Cannavaro played 212 games for Parma, which is the most games he's played for any club in his career, and managed to score 5 goals. Cannavaro is also one of the very few defenders to have won the FIFA Ballon D'Or, which he did in 2006 following very impressive performances with Juventus and in the 2006 FIFA World Cup which he won with Italy.

The Italian club now has to start again in Serie D Grupo D and will be hoping that Cannavaro can bring them all the way back to the Serie A which the club had gotten relegated from at the end of the season which then lead to the destruction of the club.

More to follow in the press conference coming up later this week...

View attachment 963982
Quando sei in campo,
Sale il mio canto,
È un'emozione,
La mia squadra del cuore,

Alé oh alé oh,
Parma Calcio la mia Passione,
Alé oh alé oh,
Te lo canta la Curva Nord...

FORZA PARMA!

No offence,but you just started your 5th story in the last week ? How can you keep up with all 5 ?

Find it quite impressive too hahaha. if he can keep it up though then why not right? :p

No offence,but you just started your 5th story in the last week ? How can you keep up with all 5 ?

Find it quite impressive too hahaha. if he can keep it up though then why not right? :p

Unfortunately I had issues with my laptop which was why I lost my Shearer save in the first place and well I forgot to do a backup :p i pretty much lost everything and would have had to start all of the saves all over again which really sucked so yesterday i got everything back up and im starting this save as my actual long term save :)

Last edited:
My return to the Stadio Ennio Tardini

View attachment 220131

The few Parma fans who decided to show up for my presentation at the stadium were incredible. I don't blame the ones who didn't come. The club has been on the downfall for quite a while now. Rising ticket prices, poor results, unhappy players leading to even more poor results, the only actual fans who decided to come were the ones who have been with the club for a long time now and who know that Parma FC, despite the many struggles it's been through over the past 15 years, always get back on their feet and do incredibly well. In 1999, we had one of the best teams in Italy with Gianluigi Buffon, myself, Hernan Crespo, Lilian Thuram. It was a team of champions, a team of players who would go on to become world-class if they weren't already. I hope I can take the club back to its glory days, but I know it'll take a lot of work.

Squad meeting

View attachment 220124
I didn't want to put too much pressure on the boys. They know who I am and must've already been intimidated as I came into the dressing room before training for our first team talk together. They know what's expected of them. Almost all of them are under 20 players so it will take a lot of effort fitness wise to get back to the top but this season, we're favourites to win the title and for a reason. The Serie D Grupo D is not that competitive and we should win fairly easily. After the pre-season, I'll think about all those things again and see where we are but for now we've got a long month ahead of us to prepare for the league in late August.

View attachment 220123

963982d1428504559-neverending-story-parma-fc-il-muro-di-berlino-parma_fc_logo.png

Quando sei in campo,
Sale il mio canto,
È un'emozione,

Alé oh alé oh,
Alé oh alé oh,

FORZA PARMA!

Last edited:
A disappointing pre-season

View attachment 220122
First of all, it's important to say that our pre-season isn't even complete as 2 of the 5 games we were supposed to play were cancelled. This really annoyed me and I'm not entirely confident that we're 100% ready for the season now, especially given that our first game is in the TIM Cup against Brescia, who compete in Serie B, two divisions above us. In all 3 games that we did play we were dominated and never caused any trouble to the opposition, which is a big problem that I'm hoping I can solve before the league starts otherwise we are going to be in big trouble. The teams we faced so far really weren't the best and I made sure that the team understood how disappointed I was. Our players just seem too young to really make an impact yet, but I hope they mature up before the start of the season. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I'm up for the challenge.

View attachment 220119

A disappointing draw even though we can count ourselves lucky with that one

View attachment 220120

A defeat which we all kind of expected playing against a tough Spanish opposition

View attachment 220121

A very disappointing collapse considering we could've gotten at least a draw from that game and it was bit more even that our previous games.

Despite those results, we march on and we'll try to get over the disappointing performances. Our next few games will really tell us whether or not we can get back to the top, to the Serie A.

963982d1428504559-neverending-story-parma-fc-il-muro-di-berlino-parma_fc_logo.png

Quando sei in campo,
Sale il mio canto,
È un'emozione,

Alé oh alé oh,
Alé oh alé oh,

FORZA PARMA!