The new Bhoy on the block : A Glasgow Celtic Tale

xtomrobbo

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER : I am already a season and a half into this story , apologies for starting late but i will do the best i can to find relevant screenshots etc . to do a month by month review of the first season . thanks
images

It has been reported that Celtic FC have sacked manager Neil Lennon . Neil Lennon , who had become a popular person with the fans and on countless occasions had shown a fighting spirit for his club , Glasgow Celtic. Whats seen as a controversial decision by many fans has been backed by the board of directors with Brian McBride defending Ian Bankiers decison to sack the Irishman.

Celtic season ticket holders are calling for a new innovative way of playing slick attractive , but defensively sound football . The bookmarkers have already made recently departed chelsea manager 'AVB' odds on favorite. With other contenders such as former boro' boss Gareth Southgate with odds of 100/1.

Bookmakers Odds

Andre Villas Boas 4/1
Billy Davies 7/1
Sven Goran Erikson 14/1
Rafa Benitez 16/1
Lee Clark 25/1
Steve Bruce 56/1
Gareth Southgate 100/1

images

AVB OUT OF THE RUNNING FOR THE CELTIC JOB

In a interview this morning former Chelsea manager Andre Villas Boas declared himself out of the running for the Celtic Job stating that after "traumatic experience" with Chelsea he is not looking to return to management . Also he believes the Scottish dialect would prove to be to much of a language barrier when compared with his native language of Portuguese. Villas Boas also claimed that he wouldn't rule out a return to English football , providing that he was given more time and was working under less pressure.

images
images

ITS OFFICIAL !!! CELTIC APPOINT A NEW MANAGER

Tom Robinson has been appointed as the new celtic manager. Season ticket holders have spoken directly to the Celtic board at there disapproval of the apointment of unheard of manager Tom Robinson. Pundits are calling this a make or break decision by the Bhoys chairmen Ian Bankier. Jamie Redknapp suggested that Robinson , who himself has only played a handfull of 5-a-side matches for a local side , would not have the experince to manage a sunday league side , let alone a club with the magnitude of Celtic. However Brentford boss Uwe Rosler has spoken to journalists about how unheard of managers can sometimes bring in new inventive ideas.

SKY SPORTS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH ROBINSON
( Robinson was interviewed by sky sports very own Rob Wotton )

Wotton : So Tom , you sit here in your new office , which if i may say so is quite different to what you are used to , how do you feel with such a massive responsibilty being placed apon you by Ian Bankier.

Tom : Well Rob i am pleased you like the office and to be honest with you i am feeling confident despite it being a large responsibilty

Wotton : i am glad you feel confident Tom but what are your aims for the football club

Tom : My objective is clear . I aim to ultimately establish Celtic as a top european side

Wotton : well....erm ... that would be some feat wouldn't it what with a small budget and with all respect , average players ?

Tom : Rob. I am an ambitious man i want the very best for this club , i will bring in quality players who will wear the Bhoys top with pride . I want all my players to give 100% for the fans , and the fans to give 100% for the players . However more importantly i want the board to give 110% when it comes to finance !!!

Wotton : Well it
was great chating to you Tom and i will catch up with you later in the season when hopefully your team will be sat top of the league.

( This is my first story , please leave constructive criticism )

Last edited:
thanks , the next 'page' of this story will be turned soon ;)

REPLY FOR I7IDanny :

might do depends when his contract is up

Shaky Start for new man Robinson

My first few games as Celtic manager started off indifferently playing against lower rated opponents in pre-season. I started off playing a simple 442 formation with a deep defensive line . However whilst this formation was a recommendation from one of my backroom staff i didn't feel it was working very well .

View attachment 234831

BIG NAMES MAY DEPART CELTIC PARK

Sky Sports News : New Celtic manager , Tom Robinson , has caused a stir in Glasgow today by announcing the possibility of star midfielder Beram Kayal leaving the club for a lucrative deal at french giants P.S.G. Robinson also suprised journalists and fans alike by announcing that this was all part of a shake up at the club where the end result is to put Celtic back on the footballing map. Robinson was quoted to have said " we have received numerous offers for Paddy McCourt and Glenn Loovens ". The out of favor Loovens , who has had spells at Cardiff and Feyenoord respectively before joining the Glaswegian club is said not to feature in Robinson's plans. Also with young winger Paddy McCourt looking set to leave the club it is more than likely that both players will be sold to free up cash as new man Robinson looks to bring in his own players.

images
images
images

Glenn Loovens Beram Kayal Paddy McCourt

MORE CONTROVERSY AT CELTIC

Bhoys fans have been angered by the departure of promising striker Morten Rasmussen . The Dane has only made a handful of appearances for the club . However he joins the list of players leaving the club as Robinson ships out the 25 year old to Watford on a season long loan. Throughout Scotland , Celtic fan or not many are having there say on the inexperienced Englishman who is in his first venture in management and making lots of big decisions regarding buying and selling players. However a decision which may win over some already disgruntled fans is a swoop for Southampton midfielder Adam Lalanna , and former Real Madrid player Guti. Both players would bolster what Robinson called a " shaky midfield ".

This is a summary of all the transfers i made

View attachment 234832

SPL SEASON STARTS , CELTIC ODDS ON FAVORITE TO BE CROWNED CHAMPS

This is a roundup of all the results in August . View attachment 234834

Whilst i started the month still in a pre-season mentality as the month wore on we picked up our form. The first 3 results weren't ideal but i see the 3 draws as 3 points gained , not 6 points lost . And at the end of the month we are still unbeaten .

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 3-0 VS ST.JOHNSTONE
PLAYER OF THE MONTH : GARY HOOPER
Gary's goals helped us to some important points with his most valuable goal coming in the away leg of a hard fought qualifying round against FC Sion , his way goal proved vital as we qualified for the group stages of the Europa League.

2Q==

(Gary Hooper , our main man this month)

Hello, may I ask why you are starting this story when you have already done a season and a half? Would it not be better to do a brief summary of whats happened already and then kick in with more detail? Not criticisnig just thinking it will be difficult to remember certain points through the season etc. Good luck anyways!

thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated. i plan to briefly blitz through the first season , recapping what i have already done without giving to much away , then go into more detail in the second season which i have done less in

THE MONTH Of SEPTEMBER

The month of September saw me only play a couple of spl games , the rest of the games where in one cup form or another . Never the less the 442 was drop and i brought in a more modern formation. the 4231 . This formation incorporates two wide men and a player who sets behind the striker . I found that Adam Lalanna or youngster Dylan McGeouch were perfect to 'sit' was behind a striker. Also the competition was high up top as well , and im not referring to the league. Anthony Stokes , Gary Hooper , Giorgio Samaras and one of my new signings Elyaniv Barda , the 4.6 million Genk forward , were all pushing for places in my new look formation which included only 1 striker.

My Results :

View attachment 234835

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 3-0 VS INVERNES CT
PLAYER OF THE MONTH : ANTHONY STOKES
Stokes narrowly won the award for us this month after Samaras scored twice in Europe vs Schalke . However Stokes' efforts vs ICT were enough to ensure Anthony claiming the award and giving the Bhoys another solid month

The new team 4231 :

Gk : Forster
Rb : Matthews
Cb : Majstorovic
Cb : Rogne
Lb : Mulgrew
Cm : Brown
Cm : Ki Sung Yong
Lw : Commons
Am : Lalanna
Rw : Forrest
St : Stokes

REDKNAPP VOICES CONCERNS OVER ROBINSON
Sky sports pundits messers Redknapp and Neville had a public row on monday night football after both shared differing opinions of Bhoys gaffa Tom Robinson . Neville was quoted " Robinson is a great manager , i have evry confidence in his ability to take celtic to the top " . Redknapp wasn't pleased by Gary's statement and subsequently went off on a tirade about how Robinson and Italian Striker Mario Balotteli are the worst things to happen to football since Sepp Blatter (fifa president).

Z
images

CELTIC HIT BY BIG INJURY BLOW
images
images

Star Celtic midfielder Ki Sung Yung out for 2 months with groin strain. The Bhoys boss Tom Robinson has described the injury as " a massive blow ". The Englishman also stated that Yung's injury would give other players a chance to show that they can hack it in the top flight of scottish football. " we are looking at playing Adam ( Lalanna ) in a more central role along side either Scott ( Brown ) or Joe ( Ledlay ) , we are also considering Guti's credintials " . Robinson was quoted saying this in a practice session which was open to the public , The Spaniard Guti has only made a handful of appearances for Robinson's new look Celtic side.

The month of October started disappointingly with a 2-1 away defeat at Hearts . However i soon bounced back and put together a few good results , the highlight being a 1-0 over bitter rivals Rangers in the Scottish League Cup Quarter Finals.

RESULTS

View attachment 234985

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 1-0 VS RANGERS
PLAYER OF THE MONTH : THOMAS ROGNE
The big Norwegian centre half put in some top performances for the club this month , scoring 4 times from set pieces . Not to mention some impressive defensive performances commanding the back four against our arch rivals Rangers to ensure a clean sheet
images

ALLY MCCOIST TALKS TO SKY SPORTS NEWS
"I believe that new celtic manager Tom Robinson will crack under the pressures of SPL management "
Ally said various statements to this affect during our exclusive interview . However he did some positive things about Robinson . " The only good thing that can be said for Robinson is that he has a good dress sense , which is important if you manage a big football side . And if his team played like his suit looked i am sure Celtic would be Favorites to win the Champions League ".

MONTH OF NOVEMBER

This month yielded some very indifferent results , most of them poor , ranging from a 2-1 victory at ICT to a 1-0 home defeat to St.Mirren . Overall i was very unhappy with my sides performance this month and id like to believe that the cause was over confidence/complacency after the 1-0 win over Rangers last month.

MY RESULTS

View attachment 234990

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 2-1 VS INVERNESS CT
PLAYER OF THE MONTH : ANTHONY STOKES
This month it was a tough call due to no real stand out performers , however Anthony was our top scorer this month with two goals.

images

MONTH OF DECEMBER

This month started and ended with a draw. However one of the draws was better than the other . The first game of the month say us play out a thrilling 2-2 draw at home to Schalke. The month finished with a less thrilling but feisty none the less 1-1 draw at home to old enemies , Rangers . Anthony Stokes continued his form into the Christmas period with an assist and an goal against Schalke. Overall i believe this was a great month with some well deserved victories during a busy part of the footballing calendar.
MY RESULTS
View attachment 234992 View attachment 234995

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 4-0 VS ST. JONSTONE

PLAYER OF THE MONTH : SCOTT BROWN
The skipper put in some quality performances this month helping the Bhoys to 5 wins on the bounce and an undefeated December . Not only did Brown boss the midfield , Hit inch perfect diagonals and play killer through balls in the absence of silky Korean Ki Sung Yong , He also managed to get his name on the score sheet 4 times . albeit 2 of them were well executed penalties . Thanks to Scott's Brilliant performance this month we found our-self top of the SPL and in good stead in Europe . This is why Scotty picked up Player Of The Month.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Celtic's first fixture of the new year see's them take on Dunfermline at East End Park. The current SPL league leaders will be aiming to extend their lead at the top.

The month of January took me through all the emotions the SPL can offer. A dramatic 3-3 draw at East End Park set the tempo for the month in terms of awful defending. What can only be described as an embarrassing performance against rivals Ger's was quickly rectified by a hard fought semi-final victory in the league cup against Partick Thistle . Thistle's brave peformance showed that even the lower division sides are no push overs , however a extra time Gary Hooper goal spared us from what could have been a disastrous.

MY RESULTS :
View attachment 235196
images

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 2-1 VS PARTICK THISTLE

PLAYER OF THE MONTH : JAMES FORREST
The young right winger put in some good displays showing glimpses of the magic he can produce when given the ball to feet and a wide open space. Albeit both Forrest's goals this months were consolations , However he did provide the assist for Gary Hooper's dramatic late winner against Partick in the cup. Hopefully Forrest's great form will overlap into the next month and help the team get back on track.

THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY
This month started a lot better than the previous with a convincing 2-0 win over ICT . Goals from Gary Hooper and Daniel Majstorovic helped the Bhoys convincingly win. New signing Marco Verratti was making a name for himself at Celtic park with an eye catching performance against Spartak Moscow . Overall this was a very Successful month where we qualified for the quarters of the Europa league and had an unbeaten month.

[video=youtube;DpFzmE185kY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpFzmE185kY&context=C41389adADvjVQa1PpcFPX Y8nNLPXO_x0JzXfUtCQKq_Dh1_lrCGU=[/video]

MY RESULTS
View attachment 235198
9k=

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 3-0 VS SPARTAK MOSCOW

PLAYER OF THE MONTH : DANIEL MAJSTOROVIC
This month Daniel , our big Swedish centre back picked up player of the month due to 3 clean sheets and 2 goals. Majstorovic and Rogne have formed a solid partnership at the back whic helped us to alot of points and some impressive european results.

images
images

SKY SPORTS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MANAGER TOM ROBINSON

ROB WOTTON INTERVIEWS MANAGER TOM ROBINSON

Wotton : So , Tom its been 6 months now since i last interviewed you , your Celtic side is top of the league and you are playing attractive football , could anything be going any better ?

Robinson : Well to be honest Rob , yes - things could be going better . I am a glass half full person but we are out of the Scottish cup and had a massive disappointment against Rangers . Having said that we have a final at Hampton Park to look forward to and we are top of the league and going well in Europe

Wotton : The only way is up then . who do you think will win the league ?

Robinson : Glasgow Celtic

Wotton : Interesting . Anyway Tom it was great talking to you , But before i let you go is there anything you want to say to Jim White , who has a great interest in Scottish football

Robinson : Haha , Okay then . JIM : " Celtic will win the league and make Scotland a house hold name in European football " . Oh yea and erm........ EVERYONE DO THE ROB WOTTON

[video=youtube;2gVgCwhlyyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVgCwhlyyg[/video]

Very Good

Really interesting and a unique challenge, keep it up

MONTH OF MARCH

This was an okay month . We had an impressive win over Panathinaikos in the Europa League and toward the end of the month a thrilling 3-2 away win at Gers. A Daniel Majstorovic brace and one for Stokes saw us win narrowly in a fiery old firm game. However what could have been an impressive month ended badly with a disappointing 3-1 home defeat to Schalke in Europe.
View attachment 235422
images

[video=youtube;K6IABSeAzBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6IABSeAzBc&context=C467d3efADvjVQa1PpcFPX Y8nNLPXO_x0JzXfUtCQKq_Dh1_lrCGU=[/video]

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 3-2 VS RANGERS JOINT WITH THE SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP WIN OVER DUNDEE
PLAYER OF THE MONTH : DANIEL MAJSTOROVIC
For the second month in a row our big centre back claims player of the month , however not least for his defending . Daniel claimed four goals this month meaning this month he was our top scorer. I personally believe it is always useful to have one centre back who will always be a threat from set pieces as it adds an extra dimension to games and it enables you to score from nothing . Set pieces have been a big part of our season with Charlie Mulgrew and Marco Verratti being experts from dead ball situations . Mulgrew is favorable when going for goal , however in terms of delivery Verratti can out a man 9 out of the 10 times . Thankfully for us this month Daniel has been man on the end of Marco's inch perfect crosses

images
images

CELTIC LIFT SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP

Bhoys manager Tom Robinson said " It was a top quality game of football , both sides gave it their all but in the end i am glad my boys came out on top . This final was a brilliant advert for Scottish football ".

BUSINESS END OF THE SPL , CAN CELTIC WIN IT ?

APRIL/MAY
The last two months of the season were very sense . We were looking to ward off the threat posed by Hearts and Rangers. Unfortunately the month of April saw us exit the Europa league at the hands of German side Schalke. However i am not too despondent because we surpassed all expectations , Next season i hope to make a mark in the champions league ( or least not get battered in every game !! ) . However before i could start thinking about that i needed to qualify for it first , i.e by winning the league . That was easier said than done with my first game ending 1-1 at Killie followed by a hard fought 1-0 win against Hearts at Celtic park. However i did go on to win the league , beating Rangers 1-0 on the way. Overall these to months were very hard and i think my players were feeling the fatigued . Never the less i limped across the line and won the league !

View attachment 235438 View attachment 235439 View attachment 235452

RESULT OF THE MONTH : 1-0 VS RANGERS

PLAYER OF THE MONTH : FRASER FORSTER
My on loan keeper played a crucial part of achieving desirable results in the run-in keeping 4 clean sheets in the last couple of months . Forster pulled off some great saves and kept us in many games , however Fraser is on loan from Newcastle so hopefully i will be able to secure his services fully for next season.
PLAYER OF THE YEAR : SCOTT BROWN
Our captain has been fantastic throughout . He led the team through a lot of tough fixtures and chipped in with 8 goals.
images
images
images
images

OFFICIAL INTERVIEW WITH MANAGER TOM ROBINSON !!!

Jeff Stelling interviews Celtic manager Tom Robinson

Jeff : Tom , you sit here today after your side were crowned champions of the league and the Scottish league cup , whats it like ?

Tom : Its unbelievable Jeff ! Iv'e had to pinch myself twice just to make sure that i aren't dreaming.

Jeff : Well Tom i can assure you that you aren't dreaming . Is there anything you have to say to your crickets ?

Tom : I can some it up in a song Jeff. But im not a very good singer so i will let the fans do it for me .......................................

[video=youtube;5l-AnCRSdmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l-AnCRSdmc&feature=related[/video]

Jeff : Great to talk to you Tom and perhaps next time you could give us a rendition of the Just Can't Get Enough !!

<i><font size="3">[video=youtube;04854XqcfCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY&ob=av2e[/video]

View attachment 235450

View attachment 236992

UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From now on i will be doing updates season by season . however they will be long updates and will include lots of screenshot.

SEASON 12/13 REVIEW

Season Report

The season began with friendlies, as per usual , and some earlier champions league qualifiers against Zeljeznicar . The match against Zeljeznicar saw us trounce them at Celtic park 3-0 but somehow throw away a 4-1 lead at their place to draw 4-4. However despite the awful defending in the 2nd leg we managed to go through 7-4 on aggregate. The season started with a convincing 3-0 victory at home to St.Johnstone followed by an impressive demolition of Legia in champions league qualifying , an aggregate win of 7-0. However the 5-0 win in the 2nd leg was followed by 3 draws on the bounce . One of these draws did include a 1-1 draw with Dortmund in probably one of the hardest champions league groups imaginable ; Barcelona , AC Milan and Dortmund.
The first old firm game of the season saw us lose 1-0 in a tightly contested game.
Unfortunately the only silver ware we picked up was the SPL title. A knockout in the 5th round of the Scottish cup and in the final of the league cup both times to rangers , and an early exit from the champions league saw us only get our hands on one trophy this season. Hopefully we can we a couple or even pull off the treble next season !
View attachment 237305View attachment 237306View attachment 237307

Undoubtedly the highlight of the season was an 8-0 thumping of Rangers !!!
View attachment 237309View attachment 237310

This was one of the funniest things this season ( photo below ) . The board in their 'infinite wisdom' decided to play an april fools on me
View attachment 237311

This is a round up of all the transfers and the final league position.
View attachment 237312View attachment 237313View attachment 237314View attachment 237315
In terms of finances this how i am fairing
View attachment 237322
An impressive £5million profit means that we will easily re-coop the £700k loss made from last season. Whilst impressive performances on the field are important , i believe that financial security and harmony with the board and fans are equally important. For example everyone i buy , in the future i will aim to sell them for more. Basic business principles do or should apply to the world of football , Buy low and sell high

This is Anthony Stoke's hat-trick in the 8-0 victory over Rangers
<font><font face="arial" size="3"><font size="4" style="font-size: large; ">[video=youtube;ECeRA_6qYsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECeRA_6qYsI&context=C467d3efADvjVQa1PpcFPX Y8nNLPXO_x0JzXfUtCQKq_Dh1_lrCGU=[/video]

RESULT OF THE SEASON : 8-0 VS RANGERS
PLAYER OF THE SEASON : NATHAN DYER
The £5.5million signing proved he was worth every penny putting in some quality performances including a hat-trick against Zeljeznicar . He made 33 appearances for the club , scoring 7 goals and claiming 13 assists . Hopefully the promising young winger will be able to build on his solid maiden season in Glasgow.
View attachment 237319

Love this song , thanks for reading . The next update should be soon
<font size="4"><span style="font-family:arial;">[video=youtube;ZCAN_F-nPC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAN_F-nPC8[/video]