jamie.is.king

Reaction score
After today's mess I have temporarily derailed my Barcelona story and will be taking charge of England ahead of Euro 2012.

ENGLAND APPOINT ORRELL!

The FA have today confirmed the appointment of rookie manager Jamie Orrell.

35559_1497724360942_1169114411_31437300_6928426_n.jpg

The appointment comes after Italian manger Fabio Capello left his post after failing to agree a new contract with the FA and his position becoming untenable.

Orrell's contract runs until the end of Euro 2012 with the manager believed to require a quarter final place to secure an extension.

Last edited:
You look like a complete gommo in that picture.

Not a straight-forward group, there, by any means. Good luck!

New Captain

GERRARD LEADS THE LIONS!

Steven Gerrard has been named England Captain as new coach Jamie Orrell begins to make his mark on the team.

Germany+v+England+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+Round+Du7MTzXIGQyl.jpg

Gerrard replaces Rio Ferdinand as captain and star striker Wayne Rooney has been named as vice-captain.

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

ENGLAND UNVEIL NEW SHIRT!

The Three Lions have unveiled their new England Home shirt today that will be worn untill the end of Euro 2012.

england_20090323_1283803011.jpg

did you make those kits? look very professional oO)

Injury News

GERRARD INJURY CONCERN!

England skipper Steven Gerrard has broken his ankle and faces an anxious wait to see if he will be fit to lead his side at Euro 2012.

Germany+v+England+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+Round+XRLubyJCw61l.jpg

The Liverpool ace is expected to return to full training at England's training camp before the tournament at the start of June.

England kick-off their campaign against Italy on 12th of June.

what formation are you playing?

i'm thinking 4-2-3-1

Foster

Johnson Terry Shawcross A.Cole

Rodwell Carrick

Gerrard Lampard Walcott

Rooney

looks a good story i will follow dont follow in cappello mistake and have gerrard as your captain have lampard.

Euro 2012 odds

ENGLAND AT 12-1 TO WIN EURO 2012!

England have been made 7th favourites to win Euro 2012 by Sky Bet as the tournament draws near.

The Three Lions' Group C opponents Italy have been made tournament favourites.

Full Odds

Italy 5/2
France 3/1
Spain 15/2
Germany 8/1
Holland 8/1
Portugal 11/1
England 12/1

i'm thinking 4-2-3-1

Foster

Johnson Terry Shawcross A.Cole

Rodwell Carrick

Gerrard Lampard Walcott

Rooney
sounds about right im playing a 4-2-3-1 for england my self now (decided to shove capello and take over for the run in for 2012) play walcott on the right, if you play him on the left he will come in way too often and clog it up, on the right if he gets forced wide he can still drill in the cross, or cut a pass back cos hes on his strong foot

yeah iv actually got Walcott and Gerrard swapping position caus wif Rooney and Lampard also free to roam because i want a fluid forward line wif Rodwell and Carrick both dm wif Carrick as a deep playmaker.

yeah iv actually got Walcott and Gerrard swapping position caus wif Rooney and Lampard also free to roam because i want a fluid forward line wif Rodwell and Carrick both dm wif Carrick as a deep playmaker.
sounds good. you might wanna push the dms into mc it you feel the opposition are gaining to much space in midfield (rodwell central mid/defend carrick deep lying playmaker/support) good luck, will be following

Friendly Squad

ORRELL ANNOUNCES 26 MAN SQUAD TO FACE BELGIUM!

England have announced their 26 man squad to face Belgium in their one and only warm up game before Euro 2012.

Newcastle pair Andy Carroll and Fraser Forster have been called up along with Arsenal wonderkids Kieran Gibbs and Jack Wilshere. Young stars Adam Johnson, Michael Mancienne and Ryan Shawcross are also in the squad.

Big names including Gareth Barry, Owen Hargreaves and Joe Cole have been left out.

GOALKEEPERS
Ben Foster
Fraser Forster
Joe Hart

DEFENDERS
Ashley Cole
Glen Johnson
John Terry
Kieran Gibbs
Michael Mancienne
Rio Ferdinand
Ryan Shawcross
Phil Jagielka

MIDFIELDERS
Aaron Lennon
Adam Johnson
Ashley Young
Frank Lampard
James Milner
Jack Rodwell
Jack Wilshere
Michael Carrick
Steven Gerrard
Tom Huddlestone

FORWARDS
Andy Carroll
Gabby Agbonlahor
Jermain Defoe
Theo Walcott
Wayne Rooney

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

LACKLUSTRE ENGLAND OVERCOME BELGIUM!

A Frank Lampard double saved England in a dissapointing performance against a decent Belgian side.

England+v+USA+Group+C+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+xtVHEEXkW78l.jpg

The Chelsea legend drilled home a spot kick in extra time in the 1st half after Wayne Rooney was scythed down by Thomas Vermaelen.

Lampard then smashed home a 30 yard shot in the 89th minute.

Newcastle forward Andy Carroll and Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell were two other players to impress during the game.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

THE FINAL 23

England have cut Phil Jagielka, Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe for their final Euro 2012 squad.

126079457473568131.jpg

GOALKEEPERS
Ben Foster
Fraser Forster
Joe Hart

DEFENDERS
Ashley Cole
Glen Johnson
John Terry
Kieran Gibbs
Michael Mancienne
Rio Ferdinand