The New Fergie - A Northern Ireland Story

Reaction score
If you saw this series title and clicked the link expecting a run-of-the-mill Man United save with painfully defensive football and not many notable trophies (cough cough), you would be wrong on all three counts.

X4BoEyG.png

This is Fergus McShane. He is a 20-year-old former youth academy player trying to make his way in management. He is a former youth graduate of the Cliftonville academy, but a broken leg at 16 stunted his development. Two years later, he was playing Sunday League football in his native Belfast. He completed a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education but was unable to get a job after graduation. As a result, he was forced to enter the world of football management, hoping to reach the pinnacle of Northern Irish football.

"Join me, and your life will be filled with more long balls and tiki-taka than you could imagine"

He definitely could HugoCaldeira1234, but I felt like it would be fun to start him off as younger than most footballers, almost like Julian Nagelsmann.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All right. I should probably update you on what's happening.

Only a couple of jobs in the top three tiers of Northern Irish football are available, but there are a host of clubs in the amateur leagues. I applied for four jobs accordingly.

KsTtgTK.png

A good balance of league clubs that I can build my rep at along with amateur clubs for a quick promotion to up my stock. Now to wait and see who comes back.

nyFUA4a.png

gnXFfvM.png

Wow, that was quick. Seems like my rep is higher than I imagine. It's hard to say which job appeals to me more, but I guess that's what the interviews are for.

NL30PQu.png

jgt6FLL.png

One is offering a non-existent wage budget to challenge for promotion from the third tier. The other is offering a decently sized budget to survive in the second tier. I think the decision is fairly obvious.

1qHtiuq.png

My first job in management will be at Knockbreda FC in the second tier of Northern Irish football. A pretty high standard to start at, so let's hope that I can live up to it.

ObQnPyj.png

Originally founded as Knockbreda Parish, the club was founded in 1947, but was only admitted to the Northern Irish amateur leagues in 1989. Through a series of gradual promotions, they joined the Premier Intermediate League (the 3rd tier) in the 2009-10 season, before winning the title and promotion in 2012-13. Under the leadership of President Colin Russell, the club remains optimistic about staying in the division and dreaming of a first ever promotion to the top flight.

w5u8HYg.png

The squad is quite a solid one, with quality to boss the division below but one that might struggle in the 2nd tier. While the star ratings do make it look good, there is a lot of improvement left to be done.

WR6rfG6.png

The finances look similarly optimistic, with 300 pounds available to be spent. However, the club is predicted to go into serious loss by the end of the year, so maybe all that money isn't there to spend.

So that's the new club. Time to get settled in and run through pre-season.

so he start there at northern ireland lower division and once when he reaches to 30 maybe he could manage an scottish premiership and some midtable teams in italy at 35