sam.england

Reaction score
This game shall be played on FM10 with no database changes, and loading up all Nations from North and South America! I shall be starting unemployed and shall take each season as it comes, and progress the career from from of the 5 teams below to hopefully National and International glory.

Jobs Avaliable & applied for
America - Brazil (Second Division)
Figueirense - Brazil (Second Division)

Inti Gas - Peru (First Division)
Necaxa - Mexico (Promotion League)
Melipilla - Chile (First Division B)

All 5 came back and offered the job, and whilst Inti Gas in Peru seemed to be a place I wanted to manage, but after visiting all the clubs involved, there was only one real option....

Necaxa go back to their English Roots

After being founded in 1923 by an English power and lighting company owner, William H Frasser, Nexaca have appointed Englishman Sam Ridley to take over from Mexican Raul Arias.
Club_Necaxa-logo-81C69E1ABD-seeklogo.com.gif

necaxa2zb1.jpg

Club Deportivo Necaxa
play their home games at the Estadio Victoria, which holds 25,000 fanatical spectators.

evic9za.jpg

On acceptance of the two year contract worth £1,900 a week, I was handed a transfer kitty of £1,200,000 and £71,000 a week in wages (2.6k remaining). The main concern was the age of the team, being on the wrong side with many 30+ players. There is no outstanding players, with the team being pretty much of a similar standard

start.jpg

There is however, one player in my youth system that looks like he could be a world beater....
Young Goalkeeper Isaac Munez.

So here the story starts... The New World so they call it, a fresh start for the Englishman in a totally unknown world of football!

Last edited:
Really interesting, hopefully you will land some glory in South/North America, good luck:)

After putting his hat into any National positions avaliable in South America (Columbia and Ecuador), The Federacion Ecuatoriana de Futbol have offered the job to Necaxa Manager, Sam Ridley.

This was really a surprise. I have only just signed for a Mexican club team, and now to be manager of a team ranked 36th in the world, I am honoured. I hope I can help Ecuadorian team qualify for the World Cup and help build for the future.

ecuador.jpg

They find themselves sitting in the final qualification spot, with 4 games remaining against Colombia, Bolivia, Uruguay and Chile. The crunch match will be against Uruguay and rivals, Colombia

Necaxa - Pre Season Signings

Players In -

Jonathon dos Santos (19) MC- £1,000,000 from Barcelona (plus 20% sell on clause)
o_f_c_barcelona_la_cantera-63301.jpg

I decided to buy Mexican, and buy youth and Barcelona wanted to move on Jonathon. They origionally wanted £1.2 million but we managed to get him for the £1 million mark, with a cell on clause, which I dont intend to use in my time at Nercaxa.
Alejandro Castro (22) DC/R - £35,000 from Cruz Azul
Alberto Esquivel (26) ST - F/A
Eder Hermoza (19) GK - F/A
Jonathan De Leon (22) ST - F/A

Players Out

Javier Saaverda (35) AMR- £50,000 to America (Mex)
Luis Alberto Vlades (22) AMR - £60,000 to La Piedad
Jose Rafael Alamo (22) GK - £170,000 to Leon
Jorge Orozco (30) ST - Loan £40,000 to Chicago

Pre Season games were hit and miss, with the team destroying weaker oppostion and struggling to beat anyone of note. However, still playing with tactics due to my first time in Mexico to try and get a winning formula! Now time to start the league season for real

Last edited:
Your signings are great and that Alberto Esquivel looks brilliant

I'll be following ;)

Your signings are great and that Alberto Esquivel looks brilliant
You were right.... he started the season in great form, banging in the goals!

A great start to the season in August by topping the league, only spoilt by the last result, a dissapointing loss to 2nd place Dorados. Although they have finished runner up the past two season, so have a strong squad so are not to be under estimated.

Star man of the month - Striker Alberto Esquivel - 10 Goals in 7 games (2 Hat-tricks)

Necaxa Local Press said:
Recently relegated Necaxa showed real promise, an eye for goal and a stingy defense for the first month in the Promotion League season. With new signing Esquivel quickly becoming a £1.5 million rated striker, bagging the goals for fun and leading all scorers in Mexcio. Manager Ridleys's gamble to play un-tested youth keeper Munoz (16) has paid off with him only conceding 2 goals in the month. It must leave the likes of Mellado and Hernandez wondering if their time at Necaxa is over. The £1,000,000 acquisition of Jonathon dos Santos has yet to prove either the gamble many feel, or a great peice of business. He has been deadly from free-kicks and put in 2 Man of the Match performances, the jury is still out. The only down side was a 1-0 defeat to Dorados, but we are confident that its only a minor blip on the radar on the road to 1st place.

Last edited:
Second Half Promotion Open Season

This final table to look like this

Necaxa took the advanatge of having an extra week off, whilst the other 6 teams in the playoffs had 2 legs of football to play.

playoffs.jpg

Necaxa Fans Blog Had this to say
Wonder manager Sam Ridley has guided Necaxa to Promotion League success at the first time of asking, beating Lobos BUAP in a thrilling 2 leg encounter which saw Necaxa win thanks to a Romero goal with only 20 minutes left to play. After taking the advantage into the second leg, Lobos stunned the capacity crowd of 25,000 keeping the game interesting. It has been a great start to the young Englishman's managerial career, and we look forward to the Promotion Closed season, starting again in January.
Sam Ridley said:
I am delighted with the way the players have responded to my tactics, and the spirit they play with. To score this many goals, and to only let in a handful, is a testimony to the players and the hard work of the coaching staff. To think, I have only added 5 new players, is again due to the standard to players at the club. I hope to add another few youth players over the next transfer window, but there will b no major signings.

Next up - Ecuador and World Cup Qualification

Last edited:
Ecuadar - World Cup or Bust??

With 4 games to go, and only 2 real tests (No Brazil or Argentina) qualification should have been possible, or there would have been calls for the managers head by many club managers and players alike.

wc.jpg

Ecudaor Mational Press said:
Sam Ridley has done the hardest part of qualification, getting into the top 5. However, a tie against minows Honduras should prove no problem and the Nation expects Ecuador to be at the World Cup in South Africa in 2010. Anything less now, is not an option.

wc2.jpg

Sam Ridley said:
I am delighted to have guided Ecuador to the World Cup. I would have liked to have gone there on a bang in the second leg, but with a 4-0 lead, we have the luxury to not need to force a result. I cannot wait to take the players and fans to South Africa, and hopefully do the country proud.

wcgroup.jpg

Sam Ridley said:
There are no easy games at this level. I know this was not the group many Ecuadorians had hoped for, but we will take each game as it comes, play to our strengths and look to cause an upset against a few of the larger teams. I do not fear any team, and the game agsint my native England will prove to be a game to remember.

Last edited:
Great start, and well done on qualifying for the World Cup. Keep it up.

After winning the apertura (Open league) Necaxa boss looks forward to the second campaign of the season.

I like the short campaigns, it gives every team 2 chances a year to win a prize. If you have a bad run of games in europe, your season can be over. Here, you get a second chance. However, I'm not in a giving mood so we are aiming to win the clausura (closed league) aswell to help secure promotion to the top flight of Mexican football

January Transfer Window

Players In
Jorge Lopez Caballero 28 DM - F/A
Pizzaro Demestri 19 MC - £16,000 from Landi

Players Out
Jorge Orozco 30 - ST - £375,000 to UdeG

It has been a quite time in the market, but I have secured some free agent signings for the start of next season. I would love to bring more Mexican born players to the team, but I'm being priced out of players that I am targeting. I hope the fans will understand this, and if a Mexican player comes up for a price we deam reasonable, we shall pull the trigger.

Up later - Closed season report
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mexican Promotion League - Closed Season

Well the second championship went pretty much the same, and finished top, making the way into the playoffs again.

table2.jpg

playoffs2.jpg

Well..... It did not quite go to plan. They hit us hard on the first leg, and they set out to defend that lead in the second game, and we just could not break them down. After the 16 games to top the league to go out in the first stage, is a dissapointment and I know the fans are not happy. However, every negative has a positive as we are already in the Promotion Play-Off final, so have an extra week off for players to recover and 2 games to scout the opponents who we shall face in the final to make sure we win Promotion

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mexican Promotion League Play-Off Final

playoffsfinal.jpg

Promotion

Sam Ridley said:
What a couple of games, 4 games vs Veracruz in a couple of weeks really took its toll. We managed to gain the advanatge in the first leg and held our nerve in the second leg to hold onto the draw to gain Promotion back to the Top Flight of Mexican football at the first attempt. I would like to thank the players and the fans for all their hard work, but it has only just began. I will be taking time off to take Ecuador to the World Cup, but have no doubt, I have scouts and coaches combing every part of North, South and Central America to bring in the best players we can afford for the next season.

11136_105434979471618_100000153493710_155267_4374550_n.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ecuador to the 2010 World Cup
The Fans expect

F_200606_June17ed_i_240907a.jpg

Ecuadorian Supports Club said:
The minimum we will accept is getting through the group, anything less and the manager will have to go. Its not an easy group, but I'm sure we have the skill and the courage to defeat Ivory Coast and Denmark. England will be a firm test but I believe we can match them, and maybe grind out a result. And from then on, if we play with passion and commitment, anything is possible

Ridley annouces 23 man squad
GK - Klimowicz(33), Mora(30), Dominguez(23)
DEF - Hurtado(35), Reasco (33), Checa (26), Campos (26), Espinoza (28), Guagua(28), Ambrose(29)
MID - Calderon (23), Castillo (28), Nboao (25), Ayovi(30), Valencia (24), L.Bolanos (25), Mendez(31), Montero (20),M. Bolanas (20)
FWD - Guerron(25), Benitez (24), Borja(27), Caicedo(21)

The squad almost picked it self. Unfortunatley I do not have as much depth in my national pool as other countries, but we have the ability to cause problems for any team as no-one thinks we will win any games, left alone get out of the group. I know this squad will prove a few people wrong.

Group H - In it to Win it.

wcgroupres.jpg

That left the table as

1st - England - 7
2nd - Ecuador - 6
3rd - Ivory Coast- 3
4th - Denmark - 1

Ecuadorian FA said:
We are delighted with the way the team and the manager has handled the tournament, and upheld our honour in every game. England got lucky with a last minute goal. Whaetever happens from now on in, Sam Ridley has our full backing after achieving this success for this proud country.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So close... yet so far

soclose.jpg

Semi-Final Place cruely snatched away
After leading the game from the 37th minute to the 89th, cruel blow came thunering down in the form of a Milan Baros goal for the Czech Republic had 13 million Ecuadorians wondering what more they could do. And then it struck again, in extra time sending Czech through, and the Ecuadorian players out of the World Cup

I wont say that im not dissapointed, as I am. 2 more minutes, and we would have been into the Semi-Final to play (the eventual winners) Spain. That would have been a great moment for this country, but this is football. We played well, scored many great goals and have the building blocks to move forward, with many young players like Valencia and especially Guerron to lead this team forward in the next few competitions. I would like to carry on my role here, and hopefully bring some glory to this fine nation.

Last edited:
Great First Season... shame about the loss on the World Cup. You staying here or moving on?

End of Season Report

A brand spanking new contract was the reward for Manager Sam RIdley after the almost perfect season, with Necaxa sealing his name until 2013 on £3,200 a week. A clean sweep of awards further filled the air for of joy for Necaxa as the following players were honoured for their outstanding season in gaining Promotion.

Mauricio Romero - Player of the Season Award
Jonathan dos Santos -
Young Player of the year
Pierre Ibarra -
FB of the Year
Luis Hernandez -
DC of the Year
Mauricio Romero -
Attacker of the Season Award

I am delighted that these players have had some personal recognition, although it really was a team effort. I'm sadderend that a deal can not be made for Romero to stay with us, but the £1.5 million price tage wanted by Atlas is too much for us to afford. I am dissapointed our great signing in Esquivel did not get anything, despite being the top scorer in all of Mexico

Manager of the Year Award - Sam Ridley

Assistant Manager, Gabriel Rodriguez had this to say about Sam Ridley's MotY award.
Gabriel Rodriquez said:
At first, it was a difficult task, with his lack of Spanish, but Football talks. He commands the respect of all his staff and players, and fully deserves this award. He is too modest to say so himself, but he is destined for great things. I hope he sticks around for a long time here at Necaxa.

Pre Season - Ridley angry with domestic market

Its a joke, a real joke. I'm in the market for players, and clubs are wanting the world for players, Mexican players. I can buy players of a similar experience and ability for much less throughout South America. It really makes me angry the ridiculas prices I have been quoted for players when I have made an enquiry....We just do not have that sort of money. I fear, home grown talent will have to wait

New Player Signings

Marc Muniesa - 17 (DC) - £60,000 from Barcelona
images%5Cpictures%5Cplayers%5Cmarc-muniesa-martinez.jpg

Nelson Rivas - 27 (DC) - Free Agent
Inter+Milan+v+Manchester+United+UEFA+Champions+HSEuzY5mq52l.jpg

Nikao - 17 (ST) - £28,000 from Brasa

Junior Viza - 25 (AM) - Free Transfer

Junior-Viza2_wa.jpg

Players Out

Paolo Quatrocchi - 36 (DC) - £140,000 to Southampton

"Whealer Dealer Ridley signs former Inter Milan player Rivas"
Deakin has set the bar high in Necaxa for the new season signing former £3million pound man, Columbian Nelson Rivas for Necaxa. And whats even better buiness, it was for a Free Transfer. After a rant to the media, Deakin has kept to his word by signing predominately foreign players with Rivas joining Spanish signing Muniesa, Peruvian Viza and Brazilian Nikao. In another shrude piece of business, 36 year old Quatrocchi was shipped out to England whilst there was still teams willing to pay money for the well liked, but ageing player.

I do not know where this notion has come from that I will only sign foreigin players.... I would love to sign some Mexican players, I just do not have the ability to do so with the prices being so high. I hope our youth system can kep building great players like Goalkeeper Munez, but that will take time to work on, and build up to the standard that I desire.

Last edited:
Really enjoying this mate :) The Mexican leagues are really complicated for me though :S And I think stay with Necaxa, try to make it to the top with them first :)

Really enjoying this mate :) The Mexican leagues are really complicated for me though :S

I agree, the leagues in all of South America aswell are different, but the short season add their own challenges and make it fun. Also, more chance for some trophies!!

Necaxa Confident for new Season

Manager Sam Ridley has publically told the fans he expects great things from the team this year. Although he did not manage to get the players he was after, he feels the squad posses enough quality to shine the League and push forward for titles very shortly. The only stumbling block may be the depth of the squad, which is lacking compared to other teams which does not suit the team well in the quick fire play-offs where the games come in fast and with 2 legs each time, thic could take its toll on the team and eventually be their downfall.

Necaxa annouces new shirt sponsorship deal

Managing Director Marco Antionon de Alba proudly addressed press and fans at the entrance to the Estadio Victoria, proudl wearing the new shirt for the up coming season. 2 major sponsors, in the forms of Visa and Corona have signed long term deals with the team to sponsor the shirts. He addressed the fans by saying that the ckub wants to be the best, and to do that every part of the team, from the image its players give out, to the types of sponsors at the club can imact the team. These are both bg names in their field, and we are proud to work with them and have them on our shirts.

Atletica_Necaxa_Jersey.jpg

New Mexican Division 1 Open Season - 2010

Manager Sam Ridley was extremly pleased with his team for the way they presented themselves back in the top flight of Mexican Football. The team went on a 6 game unbeaten run at the start of the season, only losing the first game in week 7 vs America (MEX). This form continued into the end of week 17, leaving them in a strong position and heading to the play-offs for a shot at the title.

league1.jpg

Sam Ridley said:
I am pleased, i would not say its a surprise as I have brought in some quality players. I am especially pleased with the defence. Young keeper Munez keeps getting better and will lay for Mexico sooner rather than later. Rivas has been a great capture for us. His experience in Europe has been invaluable for us, and his ability, leadership and experience has helped cement the defensive unit into a tight and stingy defence, The only downside to the season was the lack of goal scoring. It was always going to be harder moving up a division, but only 20 in 17th games meant we could not put smaller teams away, and struggled against the best few teams. There will be changes come the next transfer window

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mexican Divison 1 Play-Offs

Quarter Finals
Leg 1
Santos Laguna 2 - 0 Necaxa

Leg 2
Necaxa 3 - 0 Santos Laguna

Agg - Necaxa 3 - 2 Santos Laguna

Santos Laguna stunned
Manager Sam Ridley and his Necaxa team, in front of 25,000 fans left the Estadio Victoria after watching one of the greatest games in club history. Trailing 2-0 after leg one, Necaxa managed to pull the game back to 2-2 on agg and with only 1 minte of time to go, young striker Castillo popped up to bag a goal to put Necaxa through in dramatic style.
Castillo said:
I am pleased for the team, I was just in the right place to have a pop and it managed to go in. Its what I am paid to do, and despite a poor season personally, I'm glad the manager kept faith in me and that I have helped us progress in the competition

Open League Play-Off Semi Final
Leg 1
Necaxa 1 - 1 America (MEX)

Leg 2
America (MEX) 3 - 0 Necaxa

Agg Necaxa 1 - 4 America (MEX)

Ridley leaves ground in anger, Chivas apprach Ridley

In a dramtic twist of fate for Necaxa, Manager Ridley was that infused by Necaxa's poor performance he stormed out after the game, leaving assistant Manager Rodriquez to deal with the players. That comes as we hear that Chivas hav fired their manager, and Ridley is the top man that the are wanting for the job.

Ridley was unavliable for contact, only leading to more speculation that the Necaxa boss could be out the door, and heading for Mexican gaints, Chivas

CHIVAS_LOGO.gif

Next update very soon ;) Any suggestion for the story be taken on board!

Wow ! Nice signings and layout ! Nice job with Ecuador too, almost beat England <) Sorry about Czecks ( sp ? ) tho :S

And love your detailed writing. :D I'm Foofofofooollowing ;)

Ridley back from ????

After spending less and less time at Necaxa, and being spotted in Ecuador and Chivas itself, Necaxa manager Ridley was finally back at the Estadio Victoria and held a press conference to answer to what has being going on.

Sam Ridley said:
I would firstly like to say, I have not been AWOL, Managaing director De Alba knew exactly of my plans. There has been some big developments. I was angry at the end of the game and what I thought might have been a problem in lack of depth was. At the end of the game, I got a call from Edison Mendez, the player with 96 caps for Ecuador had his contract run out at Ecuadorian club LDU du Quito, so I flew directly from the stadium to go visit him after he showed his desire to come play for his National boss, and end his career in Mexico. A £4,400 a week deal was put in place and I am pleased to annouce our newest signing, Edison Mendez

225-mendez_edison.jpg

Edison Mendez, 31 from Ecuador (Free Agent) is a model professional, a strong central midfielder who will prove invaluable in the centre of midfield. He has the international experience to help take the team to the next level.

Sam Ridley said:
Yes, I was seen in Chivas, and Yes I was offered the job to manage them. It would have been a great honour to managae such an illustrious club, but my heart is in Necaxa. I have just signed a new contract here, I am slowly building the squad I need so my loyalty is with the club who gave an unknown Manager a chance. If you must know, I was in Chivas on buisness, as I needed some transfer money so looked at offers for any current players in the team

Ridley to stay at Necaxa

necaxa_283774.gif

Necaxa Squad Put on the Transfer Block

We learnt today that manager Sam Ridley in his absence and after the dreadful defeat to Americas, was scouring the Americas, looking for new players and taking offers on current squad players, with the exception of young keeper Munez and star midfielder Jonathan dos Santos.

Sam Ridley said:
The squad is going to have a new look, I felt it was the right time to move some players on, paving the way for some new blood. Some offers were really no-brainers, and others were to reduce the wages of the team. Im excited by the signings I have made, with Mendez and Bermudez set to make an instant impact. I would still like some more, but they will have to wait until next season when they can join the 4 great players who have already signed pre-contracts. I am proud to say, I have bought Mexican where I can aswell, which is the long term aim, to be a feeder club for the Mexican National Team.

Players Out

Alberto Hurtado (Mexico) - 26 - Sold for £3,000,000 to Chivas
Richard Navarro (Mexico) 25 - Sold for £40,000 to Puma
Auturo Javier Ledsema (Mexico) - 22 - Sold for £250,000 to San Luis

New Arrivals to Necaxa

Hobbit Bermudez (Mexico) - 23 - Striker - £500,000 from Chivas
1214fcad19.jpg

Edison Mendez (Ecuador) - 31 - Midfielder - Free Agent from LDU de Quito
xin_43203062810470311163335.jpg

Carlos Rosales (Mexico) - 18 - Defender (L/C) - Free Agent
Diego Centero (Mexico) - 18 - Midfielder /Striker - Free Agent
Carlos Antionio (Brazil) - 20 - Striker - Free Agent from Vasco

Signed for End of Season

Luis Bolanos (Ecudaor) - 25 - Midfielder (L/C) - F/A from Internacional
Luis Angel Landin (Mexico) - 25 - Striker - F/A from Morelia
Eder Mendoza (Miexico) - 24 - Defender (C) - F/A from Hermosillo
Christian Armos (Mexico) - 24 - Defender (RLC) - F/A from Jaguares

Ridely faces foreign Player Selection Nightmare

Necaxa Manager Sam Ridley has a selection nightmare for the limit of 5 foreign players for the Necaxa team for the closed season. With no less than 12 foreign players on the books, its left to be seen who will make the final cut.

Suggested 5 players are:

Rivas (DC) - Columbia
Mendez (MC) - Ecuador
Viza (M) - Peru
Nikao (ST) - Brazil
Periera (DC) - Portugal

necaxa.jpg

Some great signings there, especially the ones coming in at the end of the season. Nice story aswell, will be following!

Just noticed this mate one of the best stories I have seen. Keep up the good work and this could be an epic. :D

Thanks guy, glad a few people are enjoying it

Interliga to provide way into Copa Libertadores??

After powering their way through the group consisiting of Cruz Azul, Morelia and Chivas, this set up a final against Atlas. The winner would be thrust forward into the Copa Libertadores competition to face some of the best teams in South America.

Its a must win again, if Necaxa want to go to the next level, these are the moments and the games that we need to win. I really think that the fans deserve the opportunity to see us play the biggest names in South America. Anything less than a victory will be a failute

Interliga Final

Necaxa 2 - 1 Atlas

Romulo put Atlas in front after only 16 minutes, silencing the several thousand Necaxa fanswho had travelled to the Cotton Bowl, Texas to watch the game. It was not the start they, or the manager had wanted. Brazilian Antionio, in a rare starting spot due to injury took the start as a chance to shine, running onto a through ball by Ibarra to slot the ball home. The rest of the game was a tense battle, with chances few and far between. Just as it looked like it would be a stalemate, another new arrival Centeno popped in a thunderbolt from 25 yards out with just 2 minutes of normal time left. Nexaca had won, and the best of South America was to come.

Today we find out who Necaxa will be facing in the group stages of the competition. Necaxa fans tuned into television sets all around the city, hoping for a faourable draw.

lib.jpg

Necaxa draws Sports Boys, San Jose and Boca Juniors.... Peru, Bolivia and Argentina will be the destinations. Nexaca fans drew huge excitment in the knowledge that Boca would be coming to town, and the chance to see how their beloved team would do.

I'm looking forward to testing my team out, especially againt Boca. However, there will be nno easy game and any game could throw up surprise results if we get complacent. It will be a great test to see how far we have come as a club, and as a team.

With only 12 games played, and 25 points, Necaxa pleased the fans by making it to the play off stages of the Closed Season. After the disappointment of how they exited from the Open Season Play-offs, they will be looking to go one further and make it to the final, with a chance to be the champions of Mexico.

Necaxa upheld the honour of Mexico by sucessfully winning the group in the Copa Libertadores. The highlight of the competition to date for the Necaxa fans was the 2-1 Home win over Boca Juniors.

I am delighted with the way we performed. The fans, especially those that managed to travel to the away games were treated to some spectacular football. The only down side was the loss to Sports Boys in the final game of the group, but with winning the group already assured, it was time to play some of the other players not always in the starting line up.
libgroup.jpg

Well, its is never easy in these competitions, and Necaxa have been handed a tough test, where they will go in as major underdogs. They have been drawn against the Argentine team.....

scp-river-plate-pin-badge.gif

River Plate

Update - Kits and Logos now downloaded, should make it look better!

Last edited: