The Next Gunner

• Thread starter Thread starter SaintSinner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 3K
I think Arsenal need a few players, but they don't have to spend big, as they should be targeting players around 26-30

GK - Almunia has had a good season, and he is good enough I think, but Fabianski is a little shaky, another good GK is needed to give Alumina competition or at least provide solid back up

CB - Gallas despite proving hes not a leader, is still a quality player and if handled right and he stays fit, will be solid at the back for Arsenal. Maybe Arsenal could swipe Lescott from us, although he wont come cheap.

DM - Everyone has said it, Gattuso, ? Senna ? anyone lol

I wondered a lot why Mikel Silvestre was rarely played this season ? he would be a good choice at Centre Back with Gallas.
If both those players are fit thats a strong centre back pair.

getting gattuso would be just great for arsenal. gattuso is a solid player with superb vision. but getting him out of italy would be difficult. senna might be tempted to play for arsenal.

thomas vermaelen has joined the gunners. who else should arsenal sign???

now adebayor sold to man city. arsenal should capitalize by getting some players. arsenal needs to get a good player or two in order to be a title contender.

Last edited:
they need some expierienced players and im talking like 28-31 year olds. i kno arsene luvs hes kids but you wont win anyfink with just them.

just a thought

maybe the problems bigger than everyone seems to think, with adebayor going and having a team full of kids maybe the biggest problem is wenger? dont get me wrong hes a great manager but what has he done for them lately hes turned arsenal into a breeding ground for kids which he then sells on when they get great. they struggle to get into the top 4 every season now and in my opinion this season will struggle for top 6 with man city expecting great things and everton tottenham and aston villa always improving. i just dont see arsenal improving even if they buy a couple of great players.

maybe the problems bigger than everyone seems to think, with adebayor going and having a team full of kids maybe the biggest problem is wenger? dont get me wrong hes a great manager but what has he done for them lately hes turned arsenal into a breeding ground for kids which he then sells on when they get great. they struggle to get into the top 4 every season now and in my opinion this season will struggle for top 6 with man city expecting great things and everton tottenham and aston villa always improving. i just dont see arsenal improving even if they buy a couple of great players.

arsene wenger needs to have squad depth. i agree that team is full of future stars, but by the time they reach their prime, they are sold. arsenal should be aiming or titles rather than always rebuilding squad. as a arsenal fan i sometimes get annoyed by so less transfer activity in the arsenal camp.

they need some expierienced players and im talking like 28-31 year olds. i kno arsene luvs hes kids but you wont win anyfink with just them.

Didn't Alan Hansen say something like that?

But back on topic Arsenal definitely need a defensive midfielder, someone like Senna or Gattuso who can boss the midfield.

But back on topic Arsenal definitely need a defensive midfielder, someone like Senna or Gattuso who can boss the midfield.

if arsenal could sign gattuso this late in the transfer window, it would be a big boost for arsenal. i hope they get him or another player of his calibre.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

have you thought about playing playing toure as holding defensive midfielder. hes quick and can tackle. making him play jus above the back four would make the team more stable. and give freedom to fabregas as he dont have to come back to midfield to support the defense.

Back