Yurt

Reaction score
Playing as Stoke City and Peter Crouch is an absolute god. He wins everything the air, and actually has good enough creative and technical stats to then actually make use of his possession. He fits the bill at Stoke perfectly as the ball is in the air a lot of the time, and there really is no one quite like him. I'm still only half way through my first season but I'm already anxious as to who I'm going to get to replace him a couple of years down the line - I really can't see myself obtaining enough transfer funds to be able to afford someone like Dzeko or even Carroll. I have a young Scot named Callum Paterson who looks very promising: quick, strong and good in the air but not quite creative enough to fit the complete forward role. Anyone have any replacement suggestions? Or does anyone else hail to the Crouch as much as I do?

Adebayor? Technically better than crouch which makes up for being not quite as good in the air.

Lacina Traore, Lukaku?

Perhaps Tomas Necid or Leonard Kweuke. Big fan of the pair of them.

Adebayor would be almost perfect but I can't see him leaving Spurs for me at an affordable price and appropriate time. Thanks for the Necid suggestion, I'll keep him on my radar. Unfortunately I'm using Classic mode as this is just a casual save before the full game comes out, so Traore and Kweuke aren't on the game.. :(

Perhaps Tomas Necid or Leonard Kweuke. Big fan of the pair of them.

Yay another person who likes Necid, I used to sign him all the time in network games on FM12. No one would fight for him with me so I could get him dirt cheap and he'd put 20-30 goals away a season.:wub:

Yay another person who likes Necid, I used to sign him all the time in network games on FM12. No one would fight for him with me so I could get him dirt cheap and he'd put 20-30 goals away a season.:wub:

And with that, he's my number one transfer target ;) Still a little way off affording him though, although my current form suggests a top-half finish looks likely, and then on to bigger and better things from there!

And with that, he's my number one transfer target ;) Still a little way off affording him though, although my current form suggests a top-half finish looks likely, and then on to bigger and better things from there!

Back to goal and shoots with power PPMs, play him as a target man and throw the ball at him.

Back to goal and shoots with power PPMs, play him as a target man and throw the ball at him.

Sounds good. My scout reckons he's interested so I'll see what funds I can scrape together at the end of the season.

Look at Connor Wickham and from the wonderkids Andreas Cornelius and Facundo Ferreyra (don't sure if he gets permit)

Necid looks good mentally, are classic stats the same or similar as normal career stats?

Necid looks good mentally, are classic stats the same or similar as normal career stats?

The same, but there are no little arrows showing increases/decreases which is a bit of a worry. And yeah, those mental stats look extremely promising.

I'm managing Stoke ATM and I signed Nicklas Helenius to replace Crouch. Check him out, he's awesome!

Libor Kozak, 'Nuff said..
20 heading and awesome fysical stats, and cheap! I always buy him!

The same, but there are no little arrows showing increases/decreases which is a bit of a worry. And yeah, those mental stats look extremely promising.

He doesn't get played by CSKA that's probably why, i'd suggest trying to loan him in ASAP if you can't afford to buy him.

He doesn't get played by CSKA that's probably why, i'd suggest trying to loan him in ASAP if you can't afford to buy him.

Sorry, I meant in reply to Average Joe's question: Attributes are the same for Classic mode as they are for normal mode. But it's annoying that you can't see arrows for attribute changes in Classic mode. Thanks for the suggestion though, I've finished season 1 now so I'll see what I can manage!

Sorry, I meant in reply to Average Joe's question: Attributes are the same for Classic mode as they are for normal mode. But it's annoying that you can't see arrows for attribute changes in Classic mode. Thanks for the suggestion though, I've finished season 1 now so I'll see what I can manage!

Ahh, I don't play classic so didn't realize you don't see the arrows.

Ahh, I don't play classic so didn't realize you don't see the arrows.

Didn't think I'd use it myself actually but it's been handy as a way of passing time before the full game. Aside from the arrow thing and a couple of other negatives, it's a really decent feature. :)