StephenAFC

Reaction score
wenger_head_in_hands.jpg

Arsene Wenger Leaves Arsenal
Arsene Wenger has left Arsenal by mutual consent following the club's poor form.
The club are in sixth place just a point behind 4th placed rivals Tottenham but
they have a game in hand over the Gunners. Arsenal exited the UEFA Champions
League in the group stages after having to face Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and
FK Austria Wien with just one win in the campaign. Being relegated to the Europa
League, the club will face Partizan in the Europa League First Round. Wenger had
this to say on his departure;
"Today is a sad day for me as I leave Arsenal. I have loved my time at the club
and I want to thank the players, fans and the club for their support. Even after
our defeat yesterday the fans chanted for me and I am humbled to have their
support. However myself and the board mutually decided that it's best for the club
to have a new man take them forward. I have given my recommendation but the final
decision is the boards. I wish the club the best for now and beyond."
According to our
sources, Dennis Bergkamp was Wenger's recommendation and is the odds-on favourite
to take the job following original favourite Jurgen Klopp signed a new contract with
Borussia Dortmund. - BBC SPORT STEPHEN GIBBS

images

Dennis Bergkamp named Arsenal manager
Club icon given contract until end of next season
Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp has been announced as Arsenal's new manager
on a contract until June 2015. Bergkamp was revealed to be Arsene Wenger's
recommendation for the job and the board have given the green light for his
appointment. Bergkamp was unveiled at the Emirates Stadium earlier today and
spoke of his joy to become the new Arsenal manager.
"I'm delighted to become the new Arsenal manager and when I said I wanted to
coach here I am delighted my dream has been realised. When I retired I knew I
wanted to come back and coach. I couldn't just leave Arsenal after 11 years and
never come back. I knew I'd be back and here I am."
When asked of Arsene Wenger's
reference, Bergkamp was quick to praise his predecessor, "Arsene actually called me
a day after he left and he told me that he had recommended me to the board. I was
still upset that he had left given the man is a legend but he told me that the board were
interested in giving me the job. I couldn't say no. I never wanted to be the man to replace
Arsene Wenger but he wanted me to replace him and I accepted. He is a great man and
I thank him for helping me get here."
Bergkamp's first game in charge will be against Newcastle.

People like Arsenal at the moment . . . . . . good luck

I'm a diehard Gooner. Thanks, and win the league on your story. Your awesome.
I guessed by the name, only tips i have for you for the season ahead is get a backup striker and another CB oh and also your LB's are terrible!

I guessed by the name, only tips i have for you for the season ahead is get a backup striker and another CB oh and also your LB's are terrible!

I joined in February 2013 and the club bought Hector Moreno with him being their only signing. Monreal is injured and the club tied Bendtner down to a new deal and the board won't let me release him. Signed a striker for next season but I can't disclose anything else, it will soon be revealed

Winning Start For Bergkamp
New manager wins first five games as Arsenal spark run of form
View attachment 458977
Bergkamp during his first game at Emirates​
Dennis Bergkamp's life as Arsenal manager has gone off to a flyer with five wins out of five as Arsenal close the cap on second placed Chelsea and progress to the second knockout round of the Europa League
View attachment 458976View attachment 458975 Bergkamp has underseen Arsenal go level on points with Manchester United and a point behind second placed Chelsea in the league. With league wins over Newcastle and West Ham, Bergkamp is very optimistic regarding the rest of the season;
"Realistically, I think we will win the Europa League, if I dared to dream then I would say we will do the double. That depends on Manchester City losing and Arsenal winning."

View attachment 458973
Newcastle were fairly poor but deserved a goal as Cazorla tore them apart.

View attachment 458972
A poor performance from a semi rotated squad, still we move on in the FA Cup.

View attachment 458970
A demolition job from the boys, great showing against Partizan.

View attachment 458969
Giroud is scoring for fun, somehow Andy Carroll is worth ?35 million and Giroud just 12, this planet.

View attachment 458968
Partizan are out, Arsenal are through. Bordeaux in the next round.

View attachment 458967
Olivier Giroud is our EA Sports Player of the Month