The Non-League Football Thread.

Have to feel sorry for Wrexham. Haven't their players walked out on strike? It doesn't look good...

Yeah last week two games were called off. They've been paid now though, if they weren't there were talks of us playing our youngsters on Saturday.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Wrexham FC have verbally been told they can compete in the Blue Square Premier after the fans raised over £100k in just 6 hours.

Great news, fantastic support from the fans and also fans of other teams.

---------- Post added 11/08/2011 at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was 09/08/2011 at 06:26 PM ----------

Telford-Luton called off due to police advice. Such a shame.

Also, people who have Sky can see Forest Green vs Stockport for free tomorrow on channel 433.

Went to watch Lewes last night, they won 3-0 against Crawley Down, they've basically changed the whole team...

currently watching FGR vs Stockport witch is currently 1-1 with 8 mins left

North Ferriby United at home on wednesday night, will be my first (non league) game of the season. as i would say in football manager, I expect a win.

BBC Sport - Forest Green Rovers 1-1 Stockport County

I know lots of Stockport County fans from various Facebook Groups [One of whom used to post on here] and they said this year would be a stroll. All the players they've signed, a new manager, League One just a couple years ago. Hopefully this draw might open their eyes to the reality of Non-League football. Good point for Forest Green but lovely to see Nick Chadwick on the scoresheet... How his career has fallen.

---------- Post added 13/08/2011 at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 12/08/2011 at 10:50 PM ----------

With the Non-League Fixtures kicking off across the country, what are you expecting from your team? Maybe its your 'adopted' Non-League side. Whats your predictions for matches, and who do you think will be flying high and sailing low this season?

BBC Sport - Forest Green Rovers 1-1 Stockport County

I know lots of Stockport County fans from various Facebook Groups [One of whom used to post on here] and they said this year would be a stroll. All the players they've signed, a new manager, League One just a couple years ago. Hopefully this draw might open their eyes to the reality of Non-League football. Good point for Forest Green but lovely to see Nick Chadwick on the scoresheet... How his career has fallen.

---------- Post added 13/08/2011 at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 12/08/2011 at 10:50 PM ----------

With the Non-League Fixtures kicking off across the country, what are you expecting from your team? Maybe its your 'adopted' Non-League side. Whats your predictions for matches, and who do you think will be flying high and sailing low this season?

Haha, we expected it to be a stroll when we came down, won the first game 5-0 then struggled for a bit. XD

Also, I expect Wrexham to be up there, anywhere in the top 5. York or Luton will win the title for me, Fleetwood will come close, and teams like Mansfield and Darlington could be dark horses.

At the bottom, well, very unpredictable at times, you normally have a big club down there.

13th August 2011- Matchday One Results.

Blue Square Premier.

Barrow 1 - 1 Tamworth
Darlington 1 - 0 Braintree Town
Ebbsfleet United 1 - 2 York
Grimsby 0 - 2 Fleetwood Town
Hayes & Yeading 3 - 1 Alferton Town
Kettering 3 - 2 Newport County
Kidderminster 2 - 3 Gateshead
Mansfield Town 1 - 1 Bath City
Southport 2 - 2 Lincoln City
Wrexham 1 - 1 Cambridge.

Interesting to see Lincoln not winning after their relegation too Non-League, sounds as though Southport put up a very brave fight. Darlington, in their massive stadia for Non-League off to a winning start though, as are Fleetwood who will probably in or around the playoffs. Hayes & Yeading, who I'm enjoying a great FM Save with, get off to a good win also so well done to them.

Blue Square North

Bishop's Stortford 0 - 2 Colwyn Bay
Eastwood Town 2 - 2 Droyslden
FC Halifax 1 - 3 Corby
Gainsborough 3 - 1 Soilhull Motors
Guiseley 3 - 0 Hinkley United
Harrogate Town 3- 2 Altrincham
Histon 2 - 2 Blyth Spartans
Hyde 2 - 1 Worcester
Vauxhall Motors 0 - 2 Gloucester
Wokington 1 - 2 Boston United.

Guiseley off to a great start too the season, as are Boston United who won it with a Penalty and Last-Minute goal. Gloucester, Corby and Colwyn Bay also looked as though they sealed nice wins too.

Blue Square South

Boreham Wood 0 - 1 Havant & Waterlooville
Chelmsford 0 - 1 Truro City
Dover 4 - 0 Dorchester
Eastleigh 0 - 2 Basingstoke
Hampton & Richmond 1 - 2 Bromley
Maidenhead United 0 - 4 Tonbridge Angels
Salisbury 1 - 1 Thurrock
Sutton United 0 - 5 Woking
Welling 1 - 1 Staines Town
Weston Super-Mare 0 - 4 Dartford

Wow, some very convincing wins out there today. Dover, Tonbridge Angels and Dartford all hitting big 4-0 wins but Woking went 1 more and took a 5-0 win. Impressive stuff already from those teams. Former FA Cup 5th Rounders, Havant secured a good win at Boreham Wood [are they an arsenal feeder club still?]. The newly promoted sides also did well- Salisbury taking a good point and Truro winning with a goal 10 minutes from time, so well done to them!

91st minute equaliser.. didnt' get a great view of the game from behind the goal but looked as though they deserved it. We almost pinched it straight after, nearly died of a heart attack as their keeper made a wonder save.

91st minute equaliser.. didnt' get a great view of the game from behind the goal but looked as though they deserved it. We almost pinched it straight after, nearly died of a heart attack as their keeper made a wonder save.

One of yours on Facebook claimed you was 'mugged'. Was this true or was he being a tad bias about the situation? :p

One of yours on Facebook claimed you was 'mugged'. Was this true or was he being a tad bias about the situation? :p

A bit biased haha, Cambridge played the better football and were a much fitter side. But they were quite dirty and made the most of being fouled.

1707 saw fc win 2-0 at stafford. i've heard about 1300 were away fans. great result shame i couldn't go:(

Going to watch Cambridge v AFC Telford with my cousin Tuesday night

1707 saw fc win 2-0 at stafford. i've heard about 1300 were away fans. great result shame i couldn't go:(

1300 away fans? Are there is any official source on this? If so, thats great away support for that low a level. How do you think FC will do this season? And which players are your star induvials?

Going to watch Cambridge v AFC Telford with my cousin Tuesday night

Nice, will you be in with the Cambridge or AFC Telford fans?

1300 away fans? Are there is any official source on this? If so, thats great away support for that low a level. How do you think FC will do this season? And which players are your star induvials?

Nice, will you be in with the Cambridge or AFC Telford fans?

Not to sure most likely Cambridge but I think we will be in the family section since I'm only 13 and my cousin and his friend are 16.

the official source of my mates bullshit, would anticipate he exagerrated by a few hundred, the official attendence was 1707 they averaged 700ish home fans last season so on that basis there were 1000 reds, however there fanbase will have gone down as they were relegated last year. 1000 is alot higher than usual for us we average about 400-500 away fans.

the official source of my mates bullshit, would anticipate he exagerrated by a few hundred, the official attendence was 1707 they averaged 700ish home fans last season so on that basis there were 1000 reds, however there fanbase will have gone down as they were relegated last year. 1000 is alot higher than usual for us we average about 400-500 away fans.

Even 400-500 is great away support for the depths of Non-League Football. Some League One teams didn't manage to take 100 fans down here on a Saturday, so it shows what loyal support FC United of Manchester are blessed with :)

Off to stalybridge tonight to watch fc v north ferriby, so...
come on cheer the boys fc make some noizeeeee

Got back from my Nan's today after last's night game. Cambridge United 1-0 AFC Telford. Great atmosphere for a non league club. There was about 100 Telford fans with 10 just standing there singing all game. Me and my cousin stood right at the front in the standing area.