kandersson

Reaction score
View attachment 219310View attachment 219360View attachment 219361View attachment 219362

I came up with this challenge after being inspired by this story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/92128-az-swedish-immigrant.html, and especially the idea of investing in up and coming Scandinavian stars.

I have to say I really liked this idea and thought that could make for an interesting challenge, maybe because I'm partly Swedish but mostly because Nordic countries can boast an amazing amount of young, talented players in FM12.

Here's the challenge: you can choose any team, in any league, in any country except Nordic countries, and you're only allowed to play and sign players/staff from Nordic countries. Obviously this means you'll have to get rid of most of the personnel at the club and replace them with Scandinavian players, coaches, scouts etc!

What are you going to do? Take over at Ajax and build around Danish wonderkid Christian Eriksen? Join Swedish world class striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic at AC Milan and try to challenge for Serie A? Start with an obscure club in lower leagues and build your own Nordic legacy? You certainly have plenty of options, so choose wisely ;)

Rules:

- You can only use players and staff declared or eligible for Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Dual nationalities are allowed as long as players or staff are eligible to represent any of the afore mentioned countries.

- You can keep non-Nordic players and staff at your club if you can't sell them immediately, or if their contracts are too expensive to be terminated. However non-Nordic players cannot be used in competitive matches, and non-Nordic staff cannot be assigned any training/scouting duties.

- Your goal is to win the domestic league and eventually the Champions' League with your All-Nordic club. You are also allowed, and actually encouraged, to apply for NT jobs - obviously only Nordic countries ;)

- It would be ideal to load leagues of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden and international players from Scandinavian region. If your PC can't handle that I suggest loading international players, players with national reputation and players from top clubs in Scandinavia. That should give you a decent pool of players.

I've just started this with Celtic in SPL, will start posting updates if this challenge picks up some interest.

Good luck!

Last edited:
View attachment 219310View attachment 219360View attachment 219361View attachment 219362

I came up with this challenge after being inspired by this story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/92128-az-swedish-immigrant.html, and especially the idea of investing in up and coming Scandinavian stars.

I have to say I really liked this idea and thought that could make for an interesting challenge, maybe because I'm partly Swedish but mostly because Nordic countries can boast an amazing amount of young, talented players in FM12.

Here's the challenge: you can choose any team, in any league, in any country except Nordic countries, and you're only allowed to play and sign players/staff from Nordic countries. Obviously this means you'll have to get rid of most of the personnel at the club and replace them with Scandinavian players, coaches, scouts etc!

What are you going to do? Take over at Ajax and build around Danish wonderkid Christian Eriksen? Join Swedish world class striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic at AC Milan and try to challenge for Serie A? Start with an obscure club in lower leagues and build your own Nordic legacy? You certainly have plenty of options, so choose wisely ;)

Rules:

- You can only use players and staff declared or eligible for Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Dual nationalities are allowed as long as players or staff are eligible to represent any of the afore mentioned countries.

- You can keep non-Nordic players and staff at your club if you can't sell them immediately, or if their contracts are too expensive to be terminated. However non-Nordic players cannot be used in competitive matches, and non-Nordic staff cannot be assigned any training/scouting duties.

- Your goal is to win the domestic league and eventually the Champions' League with your All-Nordic club. You are also allowed, and actually encouraged, to apply for NT jobs - obviously only Nordic countries ;)

- It would be ideal to load leagues of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden and international players from Scandinavian region. If your PC can't handle that I suggest loading international players, players with national reputation and players from top clubs in Scandinavia. That should give you a decent pool of players.

I've just started this with Celtic in SPL, will start posting updates if this challenge picks up some interest.

Good luck!

Seems really interesting, though I still wanna play the San Marino Challenge, although when I reach Serie B I could try and merge these two challenges...

Seems really interesting, though I still wanna play the San Marino Challenge, although when I reach Serie B I could try and merge these two challenges...

yeah I know SM challenge can be addictive ;)

I'm enjoying this one atm, wanted a league where nordic players could adapt well and a team that could afford the brightest Scandinavian prospects so decided to go with Celtic. The league is quite easy tbh but it's fun to play with all these new players :)

Big signings:

View attachment 219921View attachment 219922View attachment 219923View attachment 219924

Daniel Larsson destroying the league!

Great prospects... plus a legendary mentor!

View attachment 219925View attachment 219926View attachment 219927View attachment 219929

All in all a busy transfer session, and a screen of our first game in Europa League

View attachment 219934View attachment 219935

I wonder... is there really Nordic talent to compete in C.L.? I cant think of many players that grow up to be superstars

not in real life, but in FM... maybe ;)

Lucas Andersen, Markus Henriksen and Valon Berisha amongst others are some of the best prospects in Europe (in FM)

This striker I signed in January from Rosenborg, Mushaga Bakenga, also looks very promising and is simply raping the SPL :)

View attachment 220413

Last edited:
Challange Accepted!

This is something I have thought of doing for quite a while but this thread inspired me to actually do it!

Picking team

First we must choose a league. I want to play in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe, active reserve team , big skill differance between the top and the bottom and I want a team that will fight for survival.

This left me with the most boring league in the entire world, the Spanish League.

For all you Spanish league lovers allow me to explain. This league is with no doubt the most boring league considering who will win it. However, this league have a pretty interesting bottom to middle layer. Any team in this zone can get demoted and any team can survive.

There are some nice teams here with decent starting money and a decent valued troop so you can harvest more money.

Zaragoza, Betis, Osasuna, Espanyol, Sociedad, Racing, Mallorca, Sporting, Getafe, Levante, Granada, Rayo.

12 teams!!!

As an old Betico I found this choice pretty easy (^_^)

Real Betis here we come!!!

I get ~12m€ to play around with from the start!! This is waaayyy more then I expected. But since Betis is a fresh face in the primeira this season all of their players are abit undervalued imo so I guess it compensate some.

Dropping the entire staff costed me 2m€, ouch! Finding replacements to them was hard, most of them where actualy realy good. The goalie trainers and the only (sweet!) doc is pretty awesome, the rest is ok.

How Silly can you get?

This was the most challenging part but I thought I managed to get a decent team that could fight for survival!

View attachment 221642

Lots of talents and I actually made money!! I even got some realy good players as bosman coming to the winter that will boost me into some decent placement!

I was realy happy with this team! So wrong I had...

PLAY BALL!!!!

The first half of the season was brutal. They played like a bunch of chickens. Running around aimlessly. Kicking the ball randomly. Standing offside and destrying their own offside traps.

As someone who likes to play it safe, trying to minimize the amount of goals conseded. This was the worst experiance I have ever experianced in FM or CM. I was so close to give up. But I had a light in the tunnel. 5 new players incoming in the winter. All i needed to do was to survive until then and keep their morale as high as possible.

View attachment 221646

This is how my first half went. TBH if you check my stats you can see I dont concede THAT many goals and I actualy make alot of goals. But I dont get that many points. (Unlucky or bad coaching? Most likely bad coaching...)

View attachment 221647

This is my last game before the winter silly kicked in. As you can see its agains a Segunda team in the cup. And frankly most of my games looked this horribly :D

I was lucky enought to play against 2 segunda teams in the cup so I reached 1 stage longer then expected thus pleacing the board. The reason I excist, pleasing my board no matter how retarded they are, witch they always are.

Second half of the season!

I got my new defenders and my new goalie. playing Elche at my home ground crushing them 3-0!! One of my first games I didnt let a ball get past my keeper.

My morale in the team was decent (That is realy high for this team!) And I was about to start the second part of my first season off. Seville, homeground. The biggest Derby in all of Spain What better way to start off the new composed defence line? Note, Seville was ranked 4th with the 4th most goal and 3rd in goals against.

Needless to say
View attachment 221655

Daniel Larsson IS a monster and Simon Thern did 2 assists (^_^)

Is this only a fluke? Did I just become a team that fights for the EL spots? Will I get kicked because I harass the board too much?

We shall see when I finish my first season!

Real Betis, the b-side of the track

Oh yeah on a sidenote. I had some players I realy REALY like in Betis. Jonathan Pereira, Javier Matilla, Ezequiel etc. and there was some ppl that didnt want to leave my team because they just got here. What to do, oh what should I do? SEND THEM TO THE B TEAM!

As always I have all leagues active in Spain so they play in real games in Segunda 2B4.

Lets face it. You are, just like me, someone that doesnt strip the reserve team to get some more money. You want them to get promoted and play against decent teams in the Spanish Second Division. You sometimes send down your A team players just to win some important games for your B team.

This time I did strip my B team from the rubbish that resides there. But since I demoted so many players down there. They consists mostly off a mixture of Primeira and Segunda level players. They ROCK!

View attachment 221659View attachment 221660

That is as rewarding to see as playing with only Scandinavians and winning the Seville Derby!

Some nation stats.

12 Norwegans
9 Swedes
3 Danes (!!)
1 Islandic

More to come!

Challange Accepted!

This is something I have thought of doing for quite a while but this thread inspired me to actually do it!

Picking team

First we must choose a league. I want to play in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe, active reserve team , big skill differance between the top and the bottom and I want a team that will fight for survival.

This left me with the most boring league in the entire world, the Spanish League.

For all you Spanish league lovers allow me to explain. This league is with no doubt the most boring league considering who will win it. However, this league have a pretty interesting bottom to middle layer. Any team in this zone can get demoted and any team can survive.

There are some nice teams here with decent starting money and a decent valued troop so you can harvest more money.

Zaragoza, Betis, Osasuna, Espanyol, Sociedad, Racing, Mallorca, Sporting, Getafe, Levante, Granada, Rayo.

12 teams!!!

As an old Betico I found this choice pretty easy (^_^)

Real Betis here we come!!!

I get ~12m€ to play around with from the start!! This is waaayyy more then I expected. But since Betis is a fresh face in the primeira this season all of their players are abit undervalued imo so I guess it compensate some.

Dropping the entire staff costed me 2m€, ouch! Finding replacements to them was hard, most of them where actualy realy good. The goalie trainers and the only (sweet!) doc is pretty awesome, the rest is ok.

How Silly can you get?

This was the most challenging part but I thought I managed to get a decent team that could fight for survival!

View attachment 221642

Lots of talents and I actually made money!! I even got some realy good players as bosman coming to the winter that will boost me into some decent placement!

I was realy happy with this team! So wrong I had...

PLAY BALL!!!!

The first half of the season was brutal. They played like a bunch of chickens. Running around aimlessly. Kicking the ball randomly. Standing offside and destrying their own offside traps.

As someone who likes to play it safe, trying to minimize the amount of goals conseded. This was the worst experiance I have ever experianced in FM or CM. I was so close to give up. But I had a light in the tunnel. 5 new players incoming in the winter. All i needed to do was to survive until then and keep their morale as high as possible.

View attachment 221646

This is how my first half went. TBH if you check my stats you can see I dont concede THAT many goals and I actualy make alot of goals. But I dont get that many points. (Unlucky or bad coaching? Most likely bad coaching...)

View attachment 221647

This is my last game before the winter silly kicked in. As you can see its agains a Segunda team in the cup. And frankly most of my games looked this horribly :D

I was lucky enought to play against 2 segunda teams in the cup so I reached 1 stage longer then expected thus pleacing the board. The reason I excist, pleasing my board no matter how retarded they are, witch they always are.

Second half of the season!

I got my new defenders and my new goalie. playing Elche at my home ground crushing them 3-0!! One of my first games I didnt let a ball get past my keeper.

My morale in the team was decent (That is realy high for this team!) And I was about to start the second part of my first season off. Seville, homeground. The biggest Derby in all of Spain What better way to start off the new composed defence line? Note, Seville was ranked 4th with the 4th most goal and 3rd in goals against.

Needless to say
View attachment 221655

Daniel Larsson IS a monster and Simon Thern did 2 assists (^_^)

Is this only a fluke? Did I just become a team that fights for the EL spots? Will I get kicked because I harass the board too much?

We shall see when I finish my first season!

Real Betis, the b-side of the track

Oh yeah on a sidenote. I had some players I realy REALY like in Betis. Jonathan Pereira, Javier Matilla, Ezequiel etc. and there was some ppl that didnt want to leave my team because they just got here. What to do, oh what should I do? SEND THEM TO THE B TEAM!

As always I have all leagues active in Spain so they play in real games in Segunda 2B4.

Lets face it. You are, just like me, someone that doesnt strip the reserve team to get some more money. You want them to get promoted and play against decent teams in the Spanish Second Division. You sometimes send down your A team players just to win some important games for your B team.

This time I did strip my B team from the rubbish that resides there. But since I demoted so many players down there. They consists mostly off a mixture of Primeira and Segunda level players. They ROCK!

View attachment 221659View attachment 221660

That is as rewarding to see as playing with only Scandinavians and winning the Seville Derby!

Some nation stats.

12 Norwegans
9 Swedes
3 Danes (!!)
1 Islandic

More to come!

this is great mate!

now I feel like I made a mistake starting with Celtic in SPL as the league is actually too easy and my all-Nordic team is already unbeatable

la Liga could be very interesting, also having an all-Nordic B team would be another good challenge ;)

Start with Rosenborg and this would be not too difficult.

But I already started with the borg and am no longer there or I'd consider it, nice idea

First season done!

After the wonderful win in the derby and the fact that I got 2 new starting defenders and a new goalkeeper I actualy started challenging some teams!

View attachment 222179

I realized how important the excebition games after getting your *** handed too you realy is! First i thought, hey I let my benchwarmers play this game off and take the downfall in morale no problem! Apparently they share the same dressingroom :(

As you can see I managed to keep quite a few clean sheets! Compare my 1 clean sheet vs my 8 the second half!

With that awesome early spring run I peaked at 8th! 1 place below the lowest Europa League spot! However thanks to Barcelona wreaking my morale and my ****** play I fell abit.

View attachment 222185

11th aint that bad for a team expected to just barely avoid relegation, not good enought to get a rop 3 in "Manager of the Year" award but enought to be able to sign a 5[sic!] year contract with Betis!

View attachment 222186

My First team sorted by Average Rating for league and cup.

Daniel Larsson is a beast scoring 20 goals in 28 starting games, 18 goals in the League taking him to the 8th spot in the goalscoring league, 1 goal short of getting shared 4th place!

Mohammed Fellah being a wonderful playmaker assisting 12 goals earning him a shared 4th place only 3 assist short of the first placed Messi.

Breaking the records!

I did also manage to break 2 records for my lovely Betis. The first one "most games without a win"! The second one was "Most games without scoring a goal"!

Thats not very uplifting, the good thing is that I managed to tangent the record for most wins in a row! Didnt break it, thank you OP nub team Barcelona...

Real Betis, the B-side of the track

While I reaped some minor success in the first division my B team started to fade, I guess being sourrounded by bad players started to take its toll on my former stars. They actually ended up loosing several matches and drawing some!! One of them was the second game of the season, a key match that sended them down to the second place for the first time during the entire season.

View attachment 222189

While I was done with my league, my players was on vacation and I waited for the Euro Championship to start I followed the Promotion-playoff for my loved reserves.

I noticed that the way to get promoted was very weird. As you might know, Segunda relegates 4 team each season. There are 4 Segunda B leagues. Simple math 1 team from each Segunda B gets promoted, right? No way, José!

First off, the 4 winners of each division plays a playoff

View attachment 222190

Where the first game is the only one that matters, the "Final" is a useless match. If you win the first match you are in the Segunda. Congratz! The loser of those games end up here:

View attachment 222191

Now this is interesting, as you can see the Champion that didnt make it to the Segunda from the previous stage gets a free passage the first game. The rest is the 12 highest pointscoring teams total.

These teams play a playoff accordingly and the winner of the Third round gets to the Segunda.

I never realized it was THAT freaking hard to get to the Segunda before! That means dropping out of the Segunda is almost like a deathsentence to a club, they are banished from top football! Sic.

In the rich man's world

aI must mention that I, every month, got more money then I spended. Making about 2-3 million € each month. This leaves me sitting on approx. 30 million € atm, When I arrived I had about 12m € So I have roughtly earned about 18m€!!! YAY!!!

How Silly can you get?

When you already have an all Scandinavian team? I dont know yet, but ALL the major clubs are bidding on Lucas Andersen...

Yeah I figured the SPL or the Dutch league have a too low skillcap for the players. I mean you can win everything in their respectively countries without gaining too much fame to attract top men or make alot of money.

The only downside with playing in the Spanish League is that you will frequently be destroyed by some opponents (Barca, Real, Valencia, Atletico, Atletic, Villareal and to some extent Sevilla) This realy ***** up the possibility of getting a good rythm in your team :(

But if you do decide to dive into a top league, man get your defence up! Dont get them on bosman! The midfielders and the attackers arnt that important, but **** the defenders realy are :D

Start with Rosenborg and this would be not too difficult.

But I already started with the borg and am no longer there or I'd consider it, nice idea

What are you talking about, bro? You are supposed to start with a NON-Scandinavic country.

Yeah I figured the SPL or the Dutch league have a too low skillcap for the players. I mean you can win everything in their respectively countries without gaining too much fame to attract top men or make alot of money.

The only downside with playing in the Spanish League is that you will frequently be destroyed by some opponents (Barca, Real, Valencia, Atletico, Atletic, Villareal and to some extent Sevilla) This realy ***** up the possibility of getting a good rythm in your team :(

But if you do decide to dive into a top league, man get your defence up! Dont get them on bosman! The midfielders and the attackers arnt that important, but **** the defenders realy are :D

was thinking of restarting this in la Liga or in french Ligue1. I think you did a pretty good job there, 11th is solid for a team with ALL new players I think you'll see a lot of improvement next season.

Daniel Larsson is a good pacey striker, now I suggest the very talented Mushaga Bakenga as a long term replacement :)

was thinking of restarting this in la Liga or in french Ligue1. I think you did a pretty good job there, 11th is solid for a team with ALL new players I think you'll see a lot of improvement next season.

Daniel Larsson is a good pacey striker, now I suggest the very talented Mushaga Bakenga as a long term replacement :)

I bought Ola Toivonen and placed him as my center peice, moving Larsson to the left. Decent result in my first game of the season I must say.

View attachment 222542
Toivonen score after 29 seconds, breaking the record of the fastest scored goal in a game. And ofcourse the fastest a debuting player have ever scored for me :D

To pick a team, I can suggest Hoffenheim because I like the German league (who doesnt?) and they have a sic Islandic superstart there!! Gylfi something something, I was about to buy him but Napoli ended up winning the battle :mad:

One more amuzing thing is that out of the 20 ppl that i bought during my summer window only 5 speaks spanish fluently and 10 doesnt even know the basics in it!! :D

oh Toivonen is a very good attacker, love to watch him play IRL! who needs to speak spanish, all players and staff should get along well speaking swedish or english at the very least ;)

I wonder if a Liga team with all-nordic coaches, scout and scouting will produce some regens from those countries in the years...

I wonder if a Liga team with all-nordic coaches, scout and scouting will produce some regens from those countries in the years...

Yeah they will, there is always some players that will pop up with a scandinavic nationality. I remember when I played as Atletic Bilbao and thanks to a german trainer i got a german/basque regen :D

Edit: I got 1 regen from Sweden but he sucked :(

oooh maybe tempted to do this. I have some sort of wierd fetish with Nordic players, Just ask Ronan. Have any of you tried Viktor Fischer or Ken Islo. Very good players along with Bashim Kadrii who I see Kandersson has signed.

Challenge accepted!! Going to start with blackburn and try to buy Eriksen and Abdellaoue. Is it allowed to use lfcmarshall's transfer update?

I think it is a bug in my game. When signing players like berisha and nielsen, i can just offer 1500 pounds a week as first team players. When i assign them as key players i can offer them up to 21500 pounds per week. I dont want to sign all my players as key players, because then they are going to get angry when i don't use them. Do anyone know if this is a bug?

It can simply be that you will exceed your wage-budget. Do note that the board will also count in players that you sign on free transfers into the wage-budget. If you have a decent rotation they dont complain. I had to give ½ my squad higher status then they are worth just to lure them to my club, but since they atleast play 5-10 games from start and I always throw them in as subs they dont realy complain.

Lets face it, if your board doesnt give you 100% of the money you sell ppl for then you might be short on money according to the budget but the budget is lying and you will do just fine anyway. When I started off the board gave me 50% of all the sold player money, this resulted in me earning a metric craptonne of money during my first season beacuse my the wage for all my players was that much lower then before.

I found the first transfer season very VERY tricky. And you need to keep a tight grip on your money to get a decent squad together. (Hence its a challange :p )

Btw you dont need 25 players in your squad to survive a season, 22 player do the job just fine. And maybe its just me being ballsy but I never have a 3rd goalie in my squad.

Could someone post stats of Jari Litmanen? Really old, but still the best player in the world.