Kobe631

Reaction score
Jurgen-Klopp-soecial-one-1.jpg

Hello guys and welcome to my first story.
I've been following a few stories here on FM Base and been looking to start one myself and I've finally gotten the courage and hopefully the time to do just that!

I've started a game, simming up to the 8th of October to re-create how it all started for Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool FC, as I am a Liverpool fan. The reason why I am a Liverpool fan is actually Simon Mignolet. He was a youth product of my favourite team in Belgium, STVV. Ever since he left the Belgian Pro League for the Premier League, I've been following pretty much every game he's keeped in (let's just say some were easier than others to watch.. :D).

I'm hoping I can kick off to a good season with Liverpool FC!

It would be a interesting story if it wasn't for Liverpool... :p

Best of luck with this! Looking forward to reading :)

First Team Squad
I like to work with a fairly large squad involving some reserve players who I do try to give chances to whenever possible but a lot of good reserve players have been loaned out when I took over so that'll be a problem.

Goalkeepers

22. Simon Mignolet
34. Adam Bogdan
52. Danny Ward

Defenders

2. Nathaniel Clyne
3. José Enrique
4. Kolo Touré
5. Jon Flanagan
INJURED (3-4 months remaining)
6. Dejan Lovren
12. Joe Gomez
17. Mamadou Sakho
18. Alberto Moreno
19. Steven Caulker
26. Tiago Ilori
37. Martin Skrtel

Midfielders

7. James Milner
10. Philippe Coutinho
11. Roberto Firmino
14. Jordan Hnederson
18. Alberto Moreno
20. Adam Lallana
21. Lucas Leiva
23. Emre Can
24. Joe Allen
33. Jordon Ibe
46. Jordan Rossiter
54. Sheyi Ojo
39. Bobby Adekanye

Attackers

9. Christian Benteke
15. Daniel Sturridge
28. Danny Ings

Last edited:
No Origi? Good luck though mate, looking forward to seeing how you go!

No Origi? Good luck though mate, looking forward to seeing how you go!
Quite disappointing indeed, he was loaned out to Dortmund where he isn't even getting any game time :( I should be able to recall him in Jan though! :D

FIRST FEW GAMES

Disappointing start with the Bournemouth game obviously but I had to feel out the team a little bit. Bournemouth pretty much deserved the win so can't complain really in the end.

After that some really good performances. Jordon Ibe in particular with 2 goals and 1 assist in the Ludogorets game and another goal and an assist in the Stoke game was brilliant. Adam Lallana, even though quickly in need of a rest, was also fantastic during this 2nd half of the month October.

Even though I didn't particularly focus on the Capital One Cup, I managed to get through against Sheffield Wednesday with not my strongest lineup and missing some clear cut chances as well.

https://gyazo.com/2418d4d1154bb48f5c392880e1cdaf4e

The draw for the next round was rather unlucky for me. But with Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City already out of contention, I might just be heading for a cup run!

Other than the Bournemouth game, a good start! (Especially Stoke Away :p ) Be careful against Tottenham , I swear they always knock me out of the Capital One Cup! :'(

Midway November Update

Again not the best start against a Watford side that are overperforming though, being in 7th 12 games in. Their keeper got a 8.5 rating and we had plenty of shots that would have gone in on another day, unlucky I suppose.

2 great away wins after that though with Benteke finally picking up some goals with 2 against Ludogorets and a pretty good finish against Southampton as well. Ings was even more important though against Southampton, setting Benteke up for a first and finishing off the game with 12 minutes to go before Southampton got a late goal.

Too bad we keep conceding a goal, yet to maintain a clean sheet but that'll come soon I'm sure. As long as we keep outscoring our opponents we'll be fine!

JANUARY TRANSFER NEWS

I'm pretty happy picking up some regens already (MLS) as well as Leeds midfielder Lewis Cook. Will be trying to implement him in my first team squad as we'll be looking to sell some out-of-favour midfielders in the summer. I'll be paying 5 million now for the youngster with 10 million divided over the upcoming 36 months. Pretty good deal for an upcoming England star!

Another transfer is a goalkeeper in Ben Garratt. For a fee of only 2.5 million, he will be a solid back-up player to Simon Mignolet. The U21 international is a key player for Crewe Alexandra in League 1 at the moment.

We picked up some unfortunate injuries during and before 2 important home games against Manchester City and Napoli. We could really pick up some ground on the top of the table with a Man City win and a win against Napoli would secure us 1st spot thus going through to the first knockout round!

Mamadou Sakho picked up small injury of only 5 days during a 2 weeks international break.. 3 days before the Man City game ofcourse. Sturridge was already out injured but I had confidence in Benteke after 3 goals in our last 2 games. Coutinho picked up an injury just 17 minutes into the City game and Lallana 14 minutes into the Napoli game. Brilliant.

We had an excellent game against Manchester City, going up 2-0 quite early in the game and having so much control. But this is Football Manager. We completely gifted them 2 goals, especially the 2nd one hurt with Sterling *AHEM*RAT*AHEM*..
But as I expected, we kept dominating and had so many chances to finish them off. Benteke got a 3rd with a penalty. And if you can't score that deciding goal, I just felt that 3rd one coming. Just a simple corner was headed in by Vinny Kompany.

We were poor against Napoli, they fully deserved the win. Our only chance was a penalty which could have made us believe in it just a little bit more but no words. Maybe with our full squad available, we had a bigger chance but now we couldn't even finish a pen so..

Thanks to an incredible 4-0 victory for Ludogorets over FC Midtjylland however, we managed to secure our 2nd spot! If Napoli don't manage to win against Ludogorets and we do against FC Midtjylland, we'll still finish first. Let's hope!

I'm still not 100% confident in the way I am presenting my updates. Not sure which way I wanna go or what's the most interesting way to do it. I like PatrickLFC's way as I've been following his story but don't wanna copy his story too much as I'm not sure if he's alright with it! If you have any ideas, feel welcome to let me know!

Last edited:
I'm still not 100% confident in the way I am presenting my updates. Not sure which way I wanna go or what's the most interesting way to do it. I like PatrickLFC's way as I've been following his story but don't wanna copy his story too much as I'm not sure if he's alright with it! If you have any ideas, feel welcome to let me know!

Go for it, I have no problem with you using a similar style to mine, whatever you like :)

Go for it, I have no problem with you using a similar style to mine, whatever you like :)

Thanks a lot mate! Well I won't 100% replicate your story but I'll add some things you do. I wasn't sure how to do the match reports so I'll just start doing it like you'll be seeing in a few minutes!

29/11 Aston Villa - Liverpool FC

Aston Villa picked quite some form up in their latest performances. They had a big win in Arsenal in the beginning of this month and haven't lost in their last 6 games! Due to some injuries and fitness issues, there were some Liverpool players starting and/or making an appearance via the bench. I chose to rest Moreno, Henderson and Can as well as Sakho.

Solid victory. We hadn't had the most chances but we had the best. Still not been able to pick up a clean sheet yet though which is very annoying with Spurs away in the Capital One Cup quarter final next and straight after that a home game against them.

02/12/2015 Tottenham Hotspur - Liverpool

Being 3rd in the league and having quite a solid team, I was pretty scared of this Spurs team. But with Man Utd losing to Southampton and West Ham needing extra time to beat Brentford, who knows Liverpool could finally have some silverware yet again?!

Really good game by us, kept the clean sheet and we were very dangerous on the counter attack. The own goal seemed to be an open goal for Christian Benteke before Jan Vertonghen got a vital touch to it, or so he thought.. 0-1 and after that we held on for a vital win!

December Summary

We've been playing some good football lately and were unlucky not to get a win in the Merseyside derby. The FC Midtjylland game was one I didn't care too much about and rightly so, as Napoli won their game against Ludogorets so I finished 2nd as expected.
The Swansea defeat came at a time where I had very fatigued players and decided to rotate, maybe a bit too much. At least we banged in some goals against Leicester around that fixture! Vardy looked incredible in that 3-2 game though, scoring a brace and having another chance in the 93rd minute but Mignolet with an amazing save kept us alive.

We see ourselves 5th in the league but a lot can still happen in 2016. We are still in every competition and have drawn our opponents for the next two rounds in the Europa League.

I think it's not the easiest team, but I do expect to see us through. They are 4th in Ligue 1 at the moment and they were drawn with West Ham in the group stages, finishing above the Hammers on the results between the 2 teams (2-2 at Boleyn Ground and 1-1 at the Stade Vélodrome)

If we do manage to beat Marseille, we'll see probably Monchengladbach in the 2nd Knockout Round!

INJURY NEWS

Unfortunately, we also saw some bad injuries.

Clyne picked up a small injury on the 12th of December, but it's never nice missing your best right back in the busiest period of the season.
But there was one player who was even worse off in our last game of 2015..

I'm really gonna miss him. I like rotating up front to keep our opponents guessing as well as having something different. Firmino will be a big miss with Coutinho also being injured for another 2 months. I've giving Sheyi Ojo and Bobby Adekanye some chances but I can't risk solely counting on them. Maybe I should look ahead and try to find someone in the transfer market with Sturridge having another season full of injuries. Every few games he seems to pick one up. Goddamnit.

Last edited:
Oh man that's an awful injury! Such a shame, I hope he doesn't decline too much :/

Oh man that's an awful injury! Such a shame, I hope he doesn't decline too much :/
I hope so too! Coutinho is almost back but it's really annoying because most of the injuries keep happening in games. Sturridge picks one up every 4-5 games as I said as well.. Very frustrating in such a busy month!

Shame about the Firmino injury. I've a double injury in mine which will be posted soon I imagine thats been horrible for me. Keeping an eye on this to see how your liverpool side develop

Shame about the Firmino injury. I've a double injury in mine which will be posted soon I imagine thats been horrible for me. Keeping an eye on this to see how your liverpool side develop
Cheers mate! I've been following yours too!