The Northern Lights of Aberdeen - A New Era

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1627047058371.png

ABERDEEN FOOTBALL CLUB

So for my new save I am going to go for my "2nd side". I see me old mucker Stonecold is back managing Aberdeen in his long term Scottish save and I have steered clear away from them because of that but with me in limbo in between saves now is the time to go for it.

With an updated save I will start with the squad that Stephen Glass has built but alas his spell as Aberdeen manager has been cut short but I thank him for his signings in Scott Brown, Christian Ramirez and Declan Gallagher to name 3.

The aim is to conquer the Old Firm domestically and then set our sights on European domination which will take its time. I see it very much like my Red Star Belgrade side but we start in a more difficult as we have to get into the Champions League first to recoup the monies!

I will also hope to manage Scotland when the opportunity arises.

--

1627047456241.png

Founded - 1903
Nickname - The Dons
Stadium - Pittodrie Stadium
Capacity - 20,866

(Moving to a new stadium in 2023)

--

1627047721229.png

HONOURS

League Champions
- 1954-55, 1979-80, 1983-84, 1984-85

Scottish Cup Winners - 1946-47, 1969-70, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86, 1989-90

League Cup Winners - 1955-56, 1976-77, 1985-86, 1989-90, 1995-96, 2013-14

UEFA Cup Winners Cup Winners - 1982-83

UEFA Super Cup Winners - 1983

SAVE RECORD

SEASONLEAGUEBETFRED CUPSCOTTISH CUPCHAMPIONS LEAGUEEUROPA LEAGUE
2020-21WINNERSSemi-FinalsSemi-Finals-4th Qualifying Round
2021-22
2022-23
2023-24
2024-25
2025-26
2026-27
2027-28
2028-29

Last edited:
1627048166628.png

PRE-SEASON

So as I have said I have inherited the squad built by Stephen Glass and while it has undoubted quality in the likes of Scott Brown, Lewis Ferguson, Joe Lewis and Ross McCrorie it is certainly lacking in depth in a few positions and there is a reliance on some younger players.

I received a boost when Ronald Hernandez terminated his loan spell at Atlanta United early which both puzzled and pleased me - I even went back into the data editor to see when the loan was due to end and it has been ended months too soon!!

I should add that in overhauling my backroom staff I have brought back several members of the Cup Winners Cup winning side back to the club. Jim Leighton (GK coach), Gordon Strachan (Technical Director) and John McMaster (scout) have all returned to the club.

I needed a striker, AMC and CB but funds were limited so this is what I have managed to do.

--

PLAYERS OUT

Funso Ojo was the only one sold. CM is the one area where we are really strong and have numbers there so I was quite happy to sell him to Charlton for an initial £38,000 which was a tad cheap but any cash coming in was most welcome.

Kieran Ngwenya and Michael Ruth were both loaned out and that is that!

--

PLAYERS IN

I needed a striker desperately to compete with Ramirez and after failing to get a few free agents I ended up desperately signing Callum Hendry from St.Johnstone for £40,000. He spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at Aberdeen and while he didnt set the heather on fire he will do a job as a backup striker but I would still like to bring in an upgrade!
HENDRY.png

All my other signings were free transfers with 2 being youngsters to develop. Harry Cochrane (Hearts) and Issam El Maach (Ajax) are those 2 youngsters with Cochrane being a CM and El Maach being my new backup keeper.
cochrane.png
el maach.png

For my CB I brought in a former Newcastle player and France international!!!! Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa comes in and although I dont normally sign players aged over 30 I had to get him in when given the opportunity. He is a ball playing defender which is key and is still quick enough so while he isnt here for the long term I expect him to impress this season for sure.
mbiwa.png

Finally my new AMC is Uruguayan Nicolas Albarracin who joined us from Mexican side Queretaro. He can also play on the LW and has some standout abilities which should see him shine in Scottish football and I would like to think that we will make a sizable profit on him in the future.
albarracin.png

--

SQUAD - SEASON AIMS

If we have an injury crisis (apart from in CM or RB lol) we will be in trouble and with the first season being the Covid season players fitness levels will be a major factor. Joe Lewis is a fine keeper while at RB I will probably play McCrorie becuase I cant fit him in at CB or CM but I cant not play him. Declan Gallagher and Yanga-Mbiwa will be my CBs while my CM partnership will be player-coach Scott Brown and bright prospect Lewis Ferguson.

Albarracin and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas will compete for the AMC spot while on the wings I have the choice of Niall McGinn, Matty Kennedy, Jonny Hayes (who will probably play LB), Connor McLennan, Ryan Hedges and of course Albarracin and Emmanuel-Thomas too!

Christian Ramirez my USA international will play up front.

As for my season aims I expect a 3rd place finish in the league to finish as the best of the rest. A cup win would be nice and in the Europa League I would like us to reach the group stages for the first time in over a decade but that will depend on the draw I suppose.​

1627059673682.png

Christian Ramirez

AUGUST

ross co.png

Lineup
- Lewis, McCrorie (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes, Ramirez*

What a start this is!!!! We hit Ross County for 6 in a standout performance. JET put us ahead early on with a debut goal and Jonny Hayes soon had us 2 up. They pulled a goal back but then it was the Christian Ramirez show on his debut. Having assisted the first 2 goals he went on to grab a hat-trick, have a disallowed goal and it was his shot that hit the post and bounced in off their keeper for another goal.

Ramirez is a beast it seems!!!!!

--

mirren.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, Hayes (Considine), Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Kennedy (McGinn), Ramirez*

Another 2 goals from Ramirez - both from the penalty spot propelled us to victory here with Ryan Hedges adding a 3rd. We could so easily have scored another 6 here such was our dominance but it is still a handsome victory. Jonny Hayes went off injured early on and will be out for a few weeks.

--

rangers.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher (Considine), MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson (Campbell), Hedges (McGinn), Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy, Ramirez (Albarracin)

This is a great point. Sure conceding a late equaliser is gutting but they fully deserved their point in truth. Ramirez set up the goal for JET before going off injured and he is also out for a couple of weeks.

--

hibs.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie (Considine), Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson*, Hedges (McLennan), Albarracin, Kennedy, Emmanuel-Thomas (Hendry)

An unbelievable result and performance! To smash 6 goals against arguably the 4th strongest squad in Scotland is quite an achievement especially when you consider we were without Ramirez up front. Lewis Ferguson tucked away 2 penalties to get off the mark for the season while Kennedy and Gallagher got their first goals for the club and we also benefitted from a hilarious own goal!

--

livingston.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges (Hendry), Albarracin, Kennedy (McGinn), Emmanuel-Thomas*

Bottom side Livingston rocked up at Pittodrie and were easily swept aside. JET scored a hat-trick against his old club while Jack MacKenzie scored his first goal for us and Callum Hendry came off the bench to score for the 2nd game running.

--

dundee.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie*, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Kennedy, Ramirez (Hendry)

Supersub Callum Hendry is at it again as he came off the bench to score for the 3rd game running. Jack MacKenzie's amazing start to his season continues as he assisted 2 goals.

--

UEFA Europa League League Path 1st Qualifying Round
levadia.png

Lineup
- Lewis, McCrorie (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie (Hayes), Brown, Ferguson*, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy, Ramirez

We smash the side from Estonia here as we put 8 past them to progress into the next round against Glentoran. The pick of the goals was a long range thunderbolt from Lewis Ferguson.

--

well.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson (McGeouch), McGinn (Hedges), Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Kennedy (Hayes), Hendry (Ramirez*)

Well I suppose we cant thrash teams every game! We were made to pay for our shocking 1st half performance here as we just didnt compete and found ourselves a goal down. Callum Hendry then had an equaliser disallowed but it was his replacement, Christian Ramirez, who scored to rescue a point for us.

--

SUMMARY

We have had an asstonishing start to the season!!!! Goals galore as we put 6 past Ross County and Hibs plus 5 past Livingston and then 8 past FCI Levadia in the Europa League!!!!!

Despite having some minor injury problems and chopping and changing the side a bit everyone has hit the ground running with special shout-outs going to Jack MacKenzie, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, JET and Christian Ramirez. Heck even Callum Hendry came off the bench to score 3 times in a row!

We end the month top of the league on goal difference ahead of Rangers who we drew 1-1 at Ibrox with but we are already 7pts clear of Celtic as Ange Postecoglu is struggling at the start of his time there!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHRISTIAN RAMIREZ
ramirez.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
aug.png

Last edited:
1627066498657.png

Jack MacKenzie

SEPTEMBER

celtic.png

Lineup
- El Maach, McCrorie (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie*, Brown, Ferguson (Campbell), Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes, Ramirez (Hendry)

Wonderful.

We beat Celtic thanks to goals from 2 former Celtic players. Jonny Hayes fired us in front and then they had Soro sent-off before Scott Brown of all people volleyed in from the edge of the area to give us a comfortable cushion. Hayes also had one disallowed! Joe Lewis got injured before the game so El Maach came in for his debut.

--

UEFA Europa League League Path 2nd Qualifying Round
glentoran.png

Lineup
- El Maach, McCrorie (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson*, Hedges (McGinn), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (McLennan), Ramirez

We huffed and puffed here and only blew the house down after they had a man sent-off! Hedges got the scoring underway before hobbling off injured before Connor McLennan got the 2nd and Ferguson slammed in the 3rd. FC Midtjylland are next up in the 3rd qualifying round so that will be tough.

--

stj.png

Lineup - El Maach, McCrorie, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson (McGeouch), Hedges (McGinn*), Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez

I dont know how we didnt win this match. We created plenty of chances to win but 2 defensive lapses let them in twice to score and we were always chasing the game. Ramirez had a goal disallowed minutes before Niall McGinn scored his last minute equaliser.

--

UEFA Europa League League Path 3rd Qualifying Round
midtj.png

Lineup
- El Maach, McCrorie, Yanga-Mbiwa (Considine) (McLennan), Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges (McGinn), Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez (Hendry)

We were the underdoges here and somehow dug out the right result. Erik Sviatchenko scored an own goal to put us ahead but they levelled midway through the 2nd half. Despite them having a man sent-off in extra-time we couldnt find the winner and so we went to penalties. They missed their first penalty but Scott Brown also missed for us so it went into sudden death and when the hapless Sviatchenko (a former Celtic player) sent his penalty wide we were the winners!

--

hearts.png

Lineup - El Maach, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson, Hedges*, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez (Hendry)

2 late goals added a bit of gloss to the scoreline here but we deserved the victory and I am especially pleased as having played in midweek all the way to penalties my players still put in a top notch performance. Callum Hendry came off the bench to score again lol.

--

SUMMARY

We have completed 2 months of the season and we are still unbeaten! We kicked off September in the best possible way as we defeated Celtic 2-0 at Pittodrie however we stumbled against St. Johnstone in our next league match as we had to rely on a last minute leveller from Niall McGinn to salvage a point but then we went out and defeated struggling Hearts 3-0 away to still see us top of the league.

In the Europa League we navigated our way past Glentoran before managing to defeat FC Midtjylland on penalties in the next round. We will struggle to get into the group stages I fear for we have been drawn away to Anderlecht in the final qualifying round.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JACK MACKENZIE
MACKENZIE.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

Last edited:
1627073641273.png

Ryan Hedges

OCTOBER

UEFA Europa League League Path 4th Qualifying Round
anderlecht.png

Lineup
- Lewis, McCrorie (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher (Considine), MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson (McGeouch), Emmanuel-Thomas (McGinn), Albarracin (Hedges), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez

We did ourselves proud here as we took Anderlecht to extra-time but we just couldnt find a way to win the game. Tbh honest I couldnt see us scoring and thought that penalties would be our best shot to go through but they scored a 2nd and we couldnt find an equaliser and didnt look like finding one either.

--

UNITED.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, McCrorie (Considine), MacKenzie, Brown (Campbell), Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (McGinn), Ramirez*

What a New Firm derby this was!!! We fell behind early on but we still managed to score 5 goals to get the victory. At 4-1 up we were cruising but they scored twice and had had a corner but that highlight was only to see Ramirez break away to win us a penalty which he duly converted for his hat-trick. MacKenzie got injured here and is out for around a month.

--

2-0.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher*, Hayes, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy (McGinn), Ramirez

This was an easy win but we should have scored far more. Yanga-Mbiwa nodded us ahead and then they had a man sent-off but we only got the 2nd late on when JET tapped into an empty net after a McGinn free-kick crashed off the bar.

--

3-2.png

Lineup - Lewis, McCrorie (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, Hayes (Considine), Brown, Ferguson, Hedges*, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Kennedy (McGinn), Ramirez

We were 2 up early on with Scott Brown scoring a candidate for the goal of the season as he smashed one in form 35 yards into the far top corner. They pulled a goal back late on and then Hedges made it safe but not so as they pulled another goal back and had chances to equalise but we held on.

--

SUMMARY

We won all 3 league matches this month and are still unbeaten and still top of the league. We have been on fire as we are just over a 3rd of our way through our league campaign and if things continue we will end up with over 120 goals which is just madness!!! Rangers are level with us however but 2nd place should be ours as Celtic have been terrible.

Our hopes of reaching the Europa League group stages however were all in vain as despite taking Anderlecht to extra-time we lost out 2-1. It would have been nice to have got there but alas it was not to be.

I kept faith in my squad and didnt sign anyone before the transfer deadline. I did cash in on clauses for Scott McKenna and Archie Mair which raised £500,000 but with us playing so well I felt that I could save the money until January at the very least.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RYAN HEDGES
hedges.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
oct.png

1627112478545.png

Scott Brown

NOVEMBER

rangers.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher (Devlin), Hayes, Brown, Ferguson*, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy (McLennan), Ramirez

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

What a result. We absolutely humiliate the great unwashed as we thrash Rangers 5-0. We were given 2 penalties which Ramirez tucked away, Lewis Ferguson scored with a header and also a screamer from distance and Scott Brown pinched a goal too! This result really puts down a marker for the rest of the season as we remain unbeaten and move 3pts clear at the top and we now must surely think about winning this title!

--

hibs.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa (Devlin), Gallagher, Hayes (MacKenzie), McCrorie, Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Kennedy, Ramirez*

We were rocked by the news that Scott Brown would be out injured for at least 4 months with a hip injury before this match but my team still managed to get a fine victory. McCrorie took Brown's place in midfield so he will get a spell in his natural position now.

--

dundee.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson (McGeouch), Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes*, Ramirez (Hendry)

2 goals from Jonny Hayes gave us our 7th league win in a row. Both players had a man sent-off with Jack MacKenzie getting his marching orders for us. We move 7pts clear at the top as Rangers drew 1-1 with Celtic!!!!

--

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
alloa.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Ramsay (Gurr), Devlin, Considine, MacKenzie, McGeouch (Virtanen), Campbell, McGinn (McLennan), Albarracin, Kennedy, Hendry

With Alloa being a League 1 side I decided to play my backups and they impressed me by scoring 5. Hendry and Kennedy scored 2 each and Dean Campbell scored with a fine effort from 25 yards. Defensively we were poor though.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month!!! We thumped Rangers 5-0 to open the month off in a perfect manner as we tore them to shreds to move clear at the top. We then won our next 2 matches easily enough while they drew so we are 7pts clear at the top and still unbeaten! I now have to change my thoughts from the start of the season and believe that we can go on and win the title.

We were dealt a huge blow when my player/coach Scott Brown suffered a bad hip injury and will be out for 4-5 months so although he will be back before the end of the season his winning mentality and determination will surely be missed on the field. However it does give an opportunity for Ross McCrorie to play in his best position rather than at RB and Ronald Hernandez to get a run in the side too.

We also progressed in the Betfred Cup as my backups easily beat Alloa Athletic 5-2 to go into the quarter-finals. Rangers exited the competition and we will play St.Mirren in the next round.

Finally my striker Christian Ramirez signed a new long term contract with us as did Mikey Devlin while I got Peterhead as an affiliated club.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHRISTIAN RAMIREZ
RAMIREZ.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
nov.png

1627120204426.png

Jonny Hayes

DECEMBER

livi.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez*, Devlin (Considine), Gallagher, Hayes, McCrorie (Virtanen), Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy (McLennan), Ramirez

The most notable thing about this match was the goal from Declan Gallagher as he scored direct from a free-kick which is not something that I can imagine!!! Livingston sacked David Martindale immediately after this match but bizarrely keeps his place as director of football lol.

--

well.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie (Campbell), McGeouch, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (Albarracin), Ramirez (Hendry*)

We refuse to be beaten!!!! We fell behind early on and really battered Motherwell but we just couldnt find the back of the net and it looked like our first league defeat of the season was incoming but Callum Hendry thankfully equalised with a minute remaining. Ryan Hedges got injured here and will be out for around a month.

--

Betfred Cup Quarter-Final
stm.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez*, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson, Emmanuel-Thomas (Kennedy), Albarracin, Hayes, Ramirez

We dominated throughout but just couldnt kill the game off. Ramirez broke away to give us the lead and although we peppered their goal we just couldnt get the 2nd. They had a late equaliser disallowed which was a scary moment.

--

stj.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez (Ramsay), Devlin, Gallagher, MacKenzie*, McCrorie (McGeouch), Ferguson, Emmanuel-Thomas (McLennan), Albarracin (Jenks), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez

Jack MacKenzie scored the only goal of the game with a fine finish late on to give us the points but unfortunately Hernandez went off injured and will be out for a month so joins Hedges and Brown on the injury list.

--

celtic.png

Lineup - Lewis, Ramsay, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, Hayes*, McCrorie, McGeouch (Campbell), Emmanuel-Thomas (McGinn), Albarracin (Jenks), Kennedy (McLennan), Ramirez

I am overjoyed with this result as we go away to Parkhead and rob Celtic of the points with a 1-0 win. We lost Ferguson and MacKenzie to illness the day before the game and added to the other injuries we werent as strong as I would like but we got the goal from Jonny Hayes and dug in to see it out.

Celtic sacked Postecoglu a few weeks ago and appointed Abelardo as their new manager and this was his first match.

--

HEARTS.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Ramsay (Jenks), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher (Considine), MacKenzie, McCrorie, McGeouch (Campbell), Emmanuel-Thomas, Albarracin (McGinn), Hayes*, Ramirez (Hendry)

Very disappointing. We fell behind but dominated the match as usual and although we levelled quickly through Hayes the misfiring Ramirez cost us with his missed chances. He has now went 6 league games without scoring while JET hasnt scored in his last 9 and that run needs to end sharpish!!!

--

SUMMARY

We are still unbeaten but at times it was a struggle! The injuries are mounting up and combined with my forward players struggling for both form and goals it has meant that we are just doing enough in matches but our luck will run out sooner or later if things dont improve.

We did get some good results as we beat Celtic 1-0 away towards the end of the month and we will play them in the semis of the Betfred Cup having beaten St.Mirren. We did though get poor draws against Hearts and Motherwell.

Next month sees the transfer window re-open and while there are no incomings arranged Gary Woods and Jack Gurr will be leaving the club.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONNY HAYES

HAYES.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
dec.png

1627135526512.png

Lewis Ferguson

JANUARY

united.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Ramsay*, Yanga-Mbiwa (Considine), Devlin, MacKenzie, McGeouch, Ferguson, Emmanuel-Thomas (McLennan), Albarracin (McGinn), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez

Another disappointing draw where we dominate but goals are hard to come by at the moment and although Ramirez broke his run of not scoring it was gifted to him via the penalty spot. It could have got worse for us but thankfully Joe Lewis saved a Mulgrew penalty in stoppage time.

--

ROSS CO.png

Lineup - Lewis, Ramsay (McGeouch), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson, Emmanuel-Thomas, Albarracin, Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez*

Much better!!!! We were back in amongst the goals here as we put 4 past struggling Ross County. Ramirez scored a fantastic hat-trick and JET finally got back on the scoresheet. He has been forced to play on the RW in recent weeks and I dont think he likes it there.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Lewis, Ramsay*, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie (Considine), McCrorie, Ferguson (McGeouch), Emmanuel-Thomas (McGinn), Albarracin, Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez (Hendry)

WHAT A WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of my players as we pull off a magnificent result to beat Rangers at Ibrox. We took the lead in the 2nd minute when Calvin Ramsay thundered an effort into the net from outside the area to give the 17y/o his first goal for the club. We held onto that lead until the 78th minute when Ampadu scrambled home but just minutes later Ramsay crossed the ball in and Albarracin arrived in the box to head home the winner to get his first goal for us.

We move 6pts clear at the top and are still unbeaten!

--

mirren.png

Lineup - Lewis, Ramsay (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie (Campbell), Ferguson, Emmanuel-Thomas (Hedges), Albarracin, Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez*

Two penalties from Christian Ramirez gave us the win here. He now has 21 league goals with 11 coming from the penalty spot! Ferguson has converted 2 and JET 1 so we have certainly been given plenty of them!

--

hibernian.png

Lineup - Lewis, Ramsay (Hernandez), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie*, McCrorie (McGeouch), Ferguson, Emmanuel-Thomas (Kennedy), Albarracin (Hedges), Hayes, Ramirez

We threatened to run away with this match as we scored 3 in the opening 18min but for the first time this season we took our foot off the pedal and let Hibs off a bit. Still a pleasing victory though.

--

Betfred Cup Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher (Devlin), MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson, Hedges (McGinn), Emmanuel-Thomas (McGeouch), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez (Hendry)

AAAGGGHHHH!!!!!

Our first defeat in domestic football this season and it comes in a semi-final. Celtic have vastly improved under their new manager but they just sold Odsonne Edouard and having beaten them twice already this season I was confident but alas it was not to be. When McGinn levelled for us I thought that we would go on to be but in the end we ran out of legs in extra-time.

--

Scottish Cup 3rd Round
flakirk.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Ramsay, Devlin, Considine, MacKenzie, McGeouch, Campbell (Virtanen), McLennan, Albarracin*, Kennedy (McGinn), Hendry

My backups got a run out here and did the job well enough. Albarracin scored the opener and then McGeouch netted his first goal for the club with a smashing effort.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us lose our first domestic game of the season as Celtic defeated us in the semis of the Betfred Cup which was a huge disappointment. Other than that though we did well including defeating Rangers 2-1 at Ibrox thanks to a stunning performance from young Calvin Ramsay. Christian Ramirez rediscovered his goalscoring touch as he hammered in 8 goals during the month.

We are currently 6pts clear at the top of the league and are unbeaten after 26 league fixtures which for the first season is quite astonishing. It was because of how well things are going that I didnt add anyone to the team during the transfer window. I did go in for a couple of players but soon discovered that it was pointless as they wouldnt get a work permit so I sat tight.

I did sell Jack Gurr to Dundee United for £12,250 and Gary Woods to Lincoln City for £17,000 while Harry Cochrane went out on loan.

There has been a bit of manager movements. Hermann Hreidarsson has replaced James McPake at Dundee, Riccardo Gardner has taken over at Livingston, you know about Abelardo rocking up at Celtic while Hearts have sacked Robbie Neilson.

Regarding the transfer window Celtic sold Edouard surprisingly cheaply and to a surprising side in RB Salzburg while they also sold Jullien. Rangers sold Goldson and Davis but did sign a couple of decent players also.
transfers.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CHRISTIAN RAMIREZ
christian.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
jan.png

1627144140533.png

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (AKA - JET)

FEBRUARY

dundee.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (Albarracin), Ramirez (Hendry)

Not good enough. We really should have won this match comfortably but despite taking the lead with 10min to go we still allowed Dundee to grab an equaliser. Very disappointing.

--

well.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher (Devlin), MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson*, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes (Kennedy), Ramirez (Hendry)

Supersub Callum Hendry rescued us - not for the first time this season either - with a late goal to win this match. We werent at our best but the win is most welcome.

--

livingston.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie*, McCrorie, Ferguson (McGeouch), Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes, Hendry (Albarracin)

Livingston are rock bottom but we made hard work of it here and only had a Jonny Hayes to show for our efforts. Ramirez was missing because he picked up a virus but Callum Hendry really struggled as he got a rare start. Amazingly this win secures our place in next seasons UEFA Conference League but we are aiming for the Champions League now.

--

Scottish Cup 4th Round
partick.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Ramsay, Devlin, Considine, MacKenzie, McGeouch (Jenks), Campbell (Virtanen), McGinn, Albarracin*, Kennedy, Hendry

Partick may be a Championship side but I still put faith in my backups and they did very well. We scored 3 goals in as many minutes and then just played the game out. McGinn also missed a penalty.

--

johnny.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (Albarracin), Ramirez*

Any time you score 4 goals away from home you should be happy and I am! Sure we conceded 2 late goals but the damage was already done.

--

SUMMARY

We are still unbeaten in the league!!!! The form we are showing I would expect after 3-4 seasons, not in our maiden season! Here we disappointingly drew with Dundee, scraped past Motherwell and Livingston before putting 4 past St.Johnstone to open up a massive 10pt lead at the top of the table. With only 8 games to go including the 5 matches in the split we have a great chance to win our first title in nearly 40 years.

We progressed in the Scottish Cup by beating Partick Thistle 3-0 and have a favourable draw in the quarter-finals as we will face Ross County at home.

More managerial moves. Paul Lambert is the new Hearts manager while St.Mirren sacked Jim Goodwin. I am surprised that with all these managerial moves that Derek McInnes hasnt got back into football yet!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAY EMMANUEL-THOMAS
jet.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
feb.png

1627150504688.png

Joe Lewis

MARCH

celtic.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher*, MacKenzie (Albarracin), McCrorie (Brown), Ferguson, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes, Ramirez (Hendry)

Meh. This is the first time this season that we have failed to score although Matty Kennedy did have a late goal disallowed frustratingly. Scott Brown returned from injury here off the bench. This result qualifies us for next seasons Champions League. Show me the money!!!!!!!!!! Also we earned our 77th point of the season which is a record for the club.

--

Scottish Cup Quarter-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez*, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie (Considine), McCrorie, Ferguson (Brown), Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy (Albarracin), Ramirez

We took a while to get going here but got there in the end with 2 second half goals. JET and Hedges scored the goals as we stroll into the semis.

--

jam.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, Yanga-Mbiwa*, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes, Ramirez (Hendry)

If we keep on winning nobody can catch us! 2 goals in a 4min first half spell did the damage for Hearts and we saw the game out convincingly. An away win with a clean sheet - nice job.

--

SUMMARY

Only the 3 games this month but we kept 3 clean sheets so I am a happy bunny. We opened the month by drawing with Celtic 0-0 which meant we failed to score for the first time this season but we moved on to beat Ross County in the Scottish Cup and Hearts in the league. We head into the penultimate month of the season still unbeaten in the league and we only have 6 games left!!!

We have been drawn against Rangers in the Scottish Cup so that will be a tough match but to be honest I dont even care if we lose that and lose in the league - I just want to seal the title!!! 8pts clear with 6 games to go.......

The youth intake for Aberdeen standards was not to bad but there is nobody who I am excited about.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALD HERNANDEZ
HERNANDEZ.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
MAR.png

1627201523872.png

Ronald Hernandez

APRIL

united.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez*, Devlin, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown (McGeouch), Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (McLennan), Ramirez

We win the New Firm derby as we head into the split. Christian Ramirez struck twice but also missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick. He now has 30 goals for the season.

--

Scottish Cup Semi-Final
3-3.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez, Devlin (Considine) (Hendry), Gallagher, MacKenzie (Kennedy), Brown, McCrorie, Hedges (Albarracin), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes, Ramirez*

FFS!!!!!

We were 2-0 up despite not playing well and just needed to hold on but we couldnt do that as they levelled in the last minute to take it into extra-time. They then took the lead and had a goal disallowed as they threatened to run away with it but thankfully Ramirez levelled to take it to penalties but he took our first penalty and blazed it wide. Kent missed their 5th penalty which meant sudden death but Matty Kennedy had his effort saved and we are out.

--

hibsa.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, McCrorie (Yanga-Mbiwa), Gallagher, MacKenzie*, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas, Hayes (Albarracin), Ramirez (Hendry)

2pts dropped here as Hibs only had 1 shot on goal but it found the net and we couldnt grab a 2nd goal. Rangers also drew fortunately so our lead remains at 8pts with 4 games to go,

--

5-0.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez*, McCrorie, Gallagher, Hayes, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas, Kennedy (Albarracin), Ramirez (Hendry)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a way to do it! We thumped Dundee United here as we smashed 5 goals past them as we ran riot and at the final whistle we were confirmed as champions as Celtic beat Rangers 4-1. We now go into the final 3 games of the season hoping to remain unbeaten.

Ronald Hernandez assisted 4 goals - crazy!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We wrapped up the title this month with a glorious 5-0 victory against Dundee United. When Alex Ferguson won his first title at Aberdeen they beat Hibs 5-0 so it is a nice comparison! We actually played Dundee United in our last fixture before the split so they seem to be our chosen victims lol. With 3 games to go we could take things easy but not at all as we want to remain unbeaten through the whole league season. We have Celtic and Rangers away to come though.

Our hopes of winning the Scottish Cup ended as we lost out on penalties to Rangers after a 3-3 draw. We were 2-0 up but we were pegged back and despite battling hard in extra-time we couldnt see the win through.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALD HERNANDEZ
RONNY.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
APR.png

1627211526802.png

Ross McCrorie

MAY

lose.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Brown, Ferguson, Hedges (Kennedy), Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes, Ramirez

Well thats that then!!!! No unbeaten season for us in the league as Celtic defeat us here. We deserved a point tbh but Leigh Griffiths smashed a shot into the top corner from 25 yards and we just couldnt find a way to grab the equaliser.

--

huns.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez (Ramsay), Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson (Virtanen), Hedges, Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes (McLennan), Ramirez (Hendry)

And we lose again!!!! Rangers deserved their win as we were hopeless. My players have obviously downed tools since clinching the title. Very annoying.

--

jonny.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez*, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gallagher, MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson (Virtanen), Hedges (McLennan), Emmanuel-Thomas (Albarracin), Hayes, Ramirez (Hendry)

We end the season with a deserved victory. We traded goals in the first half and nothing was happening but I made 4 changes at once and that sparked the game into life. Albarracin put us ahead before having one disallowed while Connor McLennan scored in stoppage time to seal things.

--

SUMMARY

Not the best end to the season! The goal was to remain unbeaten but we lost our matches to Celtic and Rangers frustratingly. I am more ****** off with the Rangers one as we played 3 of our fixtures against them at Ibrox which is hardly fair! We did bounce back to beat St.Johnstone at home so that was good but it was a nothing match in truth.

I now head into the summer eager to strengthen the squad. I would love to reach the group stages of the Champions League so to get the players in to do that will be tough.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DECLAN GALLAGHER
gallagher.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
may.png

1627229406674.png

END OF SEASON POST

What a first season that was! We won the league which was unthinkable at the start of the season and we also got to the semis of both domestic cups!

In the league we went unbeaten for 34 matches before we lost 2 in a row away to the Old Firm having just clinched the title. Highlights were a 5-0 win over Rangers and also the 5-0 win over Dundee United that sealed the title. We also scored 6 past Ross County in a match, 6 past Hibs, 5 past Livingston and another time we played Dundee United we scored 5! In the end we won the title by 5pts, scoring 94 goals and we also had the best defensive record.

There was heartbreak in the domestic cup competitions however as we lost out in the semis to both sides of the Old Firm. In the Betfred Cup Celtic defeated us 2-1 but our exit in the Scottish Cup was far worse as we were 2-0 up against Rangers who scored in stoppage time to take it to penalties. It ended up 3-3 and they beat us on penalties.

As for the Europa League we comfortably won our first 2 qualifiers before coming through against FC Midtjylland on penalties. We didnt manage to reach the group stage however as we lost out to Anderlecht 2-1.

So obviously we had a near perfect season but we failed in all 3 cup competitions so there is plenty of room to improve. I have to give credit to my predecessor, Stehen Glass, as his signings - Gallagher, Brown, Emmanuel-Thomas and Ramirez - really set us up to move up a few levels, not that I thought we would win the title though! I added a couple of players but only Yanga-Mbiwa was a regular starter.

--

FINAL PREMIERSHIP TABLE

final.png

Celtic had a horror start to the season but under Abelardo has got them going again. Livingston and Ross County get relegated and while Kilmarnock win promotion through the play-offs the Championship winners was a huge surprise - Arbroath!!!!!

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png

SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers
- Joe Lewis had a solid season and only missed 5 matches through injury early on in the season. He is getting on a bit though but I will have other areas to improve before the goalkeeping situation needs adressed. Issam El Maach was one of my signings on a free from Ajax and he did well in his short spell in the team.

Defenders
- We had several standouts in defence. Jack MacKenzie had his first full season and going into the season he was my backup LB but he made the position his own! 3 goals, 13 assists, a good average rating all adds up to a startling breakthrough year. At RB I started the season with Ross McCrorie and he ended up playing half the season there and the other half at CM but he can do better but his versatility is key. Ronald Hernandez came in and he was a revelation as in 24 starts he got 15 assists including 4 in one game! It doesnt end there as young Calvin Ramsay also had a run in the side at RB and he did really well including a standout performance against Rangers when we won 2-1 at Ibrox with him scoring the opener and assisting the winner.

In the middle Declan Gallagher and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa were my first choice pairing and they complimented each other well. Considine and Devlin were backups but rarely used.

Midfielders - My player/coach Scott Brown had a season interrupted by injury. He did well but missed half the season and with his age we shall see how much he plays next season but I like to think that he was a good influence to his midfield partner - Lewis Ferguson. Ferguson had a good season. He scored 9 goals and while I would have liked him to get into double figures I will let him off as overall he performed pretty well.

As I said earlier, Ross McCrorie had half the season at CM and he didnt even score which is disappointing and he picked up 17 yellow cards. McGeouch and Campbell barely featured while Virtanen and Jenks had token appearances.

At RW Ryan Hedges did pretty well as the Welshman scored 12 and assisted 10 while on the other side veteran Jonny Hayes scored 9 goals but he also played at LB occasionally. Matty Kennedy was in and out of the side while Niall McGinn and Connor McLennan were mainly used from the bench.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (JET) was my main AMC although he had a spell at RW. Playing as a shadow striker he netted 16 goals and managed to keep Albarracin out of the side who featured regularly but mainly as a sub.

Forwards - Christian Ramirez had a fantastic debut season. He notched 33 goals - aided by 14 penalties - and while he had his poor matches overall he was a great success and exceeded his attributes. My only signing that I paid a transfer fee for was Callum Hendry and he was an able deputy and my supersub. He managed to get 10 goals with some important equalisers and winners from coming off the bench.

My Player of the Season - Ronald Hernandez
My Young Player of the Season - Jack MacKenzie
Must Improve - Ross McCrorie
Donkey of the Season - Niall McGinn

--

SUMMER PLANS

Well I really need to strengthen the squad in our attempts to reach the Champions League group stage. As I write I have a £3m transfer budget with no pre-arranged deals so I will have to be astute in my transfer business. Maybe some loan deals will be required. It will also be interesting to see how many teams will come in for the likes of Ferguson, Ramirez and McCrorie as they are my most valuable players.​

1627245856072.png

The new training ground sign lol

PRE-SEASON POST

I have had a busy summer so far as I have signed no less than 11 players and moved on 6 (permanently). I still have a bit of money left but as it stands I am quite happy with how my squad looks and unless my scouts pop up with someone who I cant refuse to sign.

I didnt know where we would enter the Champions League and I think we only need to navigate our way past 2 qualifying rounds to reach the holy grail and our first match will be against HJK Helsinki so I am quite confident that we will progress there.

Loads of my staff retired and I have replaced a few of them but I was ****** off as I wanted to appoint Eric Black - another Gothenburg 83 player - to my coaching staff but he has been removed from the save!

Here are my transfer dealings.............

--

PLAYERS OUT

Controversially - and the board and fans arent happy about this deal - I sold Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa to Auxerre for an initial £1.3m. He did a great job last season and considering I signed him on a free and he is 32y/o I thought it was time to cash in.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has also gone as he joined Ipswich Town for £245,000 (£325,000) as with my signings I couldnt see him playing enough and with his age (30) I once again thought I should recoup some funds. He scored 16 goals last season so his replacement has a lot to live up to!

Hibernian took 2 players off my hands. Dylan McGeouch returned to the club for £220,000 and the legend that is Andy Considine left for £150,000. Both were fringe players and I needed to move them on but I must admit that I am gutted to be selling Considine just for what he means to the club.

St.Mirren got a bargain when they signed Jonny Hayes for £180,000. At 33y/o I felt that I really needed to upgrade in that position so it made sense for him to move on. The same goes for Niall McGinn who joined Pohang Steelers in South Korea on a free transfer.

After that it was all loan deals. Michael Ruth (who Rangers offered £1.1m for!!!!) joined Queens Park and out of the others Miko Virtanen, Harry Cochrane and Issam El Maach have also joined clubs to get regular first team football.

--

PLAYERS IN

My most expensive transfer was actually a loan deal as I brought in Harry Wilson from Liverpool for £1.1m. That took out almost half of my budget but I needed a LW and he was the best one out there and the aim is to attract him to sign a pre-contract in January. He is valued at over £22m so he should rip this league to shreds!
wilson.png

My other loan signing was a beauty! Billy Gilmour joined me from Chelsea for the season. At only 20y/o he could be a superstar and he will play every week for me so his development should be rapid and he will partner Lewis Ferguson in midfield.
gilmour.png

I signed Stephen Kingsley from Hearts for £125,000 to be my backup LB. He is a decent enough player at a decent age and will challenge Jack MacKenzie for a first team place.
kingsley.png

My most expensive permanent signing was actually for a reserve player as I signed Chris Mochrie from Dundee United for £300,000. He is a decent young player and if he is developed properly he should have a decent career here.
mochrie.png

Now for my free transfer signings. Cesar Gelabert joined us from Real Madrid and I am delighted to bring him in and he will be my new AMC. Dwight Gayle signed from Newcastle to be my backup striker, Lewis Morgan will challenge for a wing spot and that deal was done by my DOF Gordon Strachan while Elias Machuca is a real coup as the 18y/o Argentinian CB looks to have a great future at the club. Christian Walton joined us from Brighton to be my new backup keeper.
gelabert.png
gayle.png
morgan.png
machuca.png

walton.png

Finally for the reserves I brought in Liam Morrison in on loan from Bayern Munich and Reece Devine joined from Man Utd.
morrison.png
devine.png

--

SQUAD - SEASON AIMS

My squad is looking pretty healthy. I think I will go for Ross McCrorie to partner Declan Gallagher at CB as I feel I have to find a place in the team for him as he is one of the best young Scottish players. Billy Gilmour will take Scott Brown's place in central midfield while in the attacking midfield positions Gelabert will be my AMC and Wilson will play as AML.

As for season aims, having won the league last season I can see no reason why we cannot do so this season as my squad is stronger than before. A domestic cup would be nice but in Europe I would love to reach the Champions League group stage to rake in the money but if we are to fail in the qualifiers and get into the Europa Leage group stage I would take that as a consolation prize.​

1627325432772.png

Willie Miller
1972-90
Defender
797 apps, 32 goals

Miller spent his entire career with Aberdeen and the central defender was captain of the side that dominated Scottish football in the 1980s. In all he won 3 league titles, 4 Scottish Cups, 3 League Cups, and of course the Cup-Winners Cup and the European Super Cup. In addition to that he won 65 Scotland caps (scoring once) and he also managed Aberdeen for 3 years between 1992-1995.

AUGUST

well.png

Lineup
- Walton, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Gilmour, Ferguson (Brown), Hedges (Morgan), Gelabert*, Wilson, Gayle (Hendry)

A decent start to the season. We were missing a couple of players with Lewis being injured and Ramirez away on international duty but we managed to get the win. All 3 scorers were debutants with Harry Wilson scoring from a free-kick.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
hjk.png

Lineup
- Walton, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Gilmour (Brown), Ferguson, Hedges, Gelabert (Albarracin), Wilson*, Ramirez (Gayle)

A fine result and performance as we easily beat the Finnish side and we can relax in the 2nd leg now. Harry Wilson was superb and struck twice while Dwight Gayle opened his account for the club.

--

killie.png

Lineup - Walton, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Gilmour, Ferguson, Hedges (Morgan), Gelabert (Albarracin), Wilson, Ramirez*

We came up against newly promoted Kilmarnock here and showed off our qualities as we put 4 past them. Ramirez scored a hat-trick and had one disallowed late on also while Harry Wilson struck again.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
helsinki.png

Lineup
- Walton, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Gilmour (Brown), Ferguson, Hedges, Gelabert, Wilson*, Ramirez

We cruise into the next round with a comfortable win here. Ross McCrorie finally scored his first goal for us so that was the highlight of the match. We will play Young Boys of Switzerland in the final round of qualifiers.

--

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
livvi.png

Lineup
- Walton, Ramsay, Machuca, Devlin (Morrison), Kingsley, Brown, Campbell (Mochrie), McLennan (Kennedy), Albarracin, Morgan, Gayle*

I took a risk and played my backups here and they didnt perform well at all if I am honest but thankfully the finishing prowess of Dwight Gayle was enough to take us through. Livingston didnt deserve to lose in all honesty.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 4th Qualifying Round 1st Leg
young.png

Lineup
- Walton, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher (Machuca), MacKenzie, Gilmour (Brown), Ferguson, Hedges (Morgan), Gelabert, Wilson*, Ramirez

An impressive performance as we take a decent advantage into the 2nd leg in Switzerland. Their away goal is a bit of a worry though.

--

mirren.png

Lineup - Walton, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Gilmour, Ferguson*, Hedges (Morgan), Gelabert, Wilson, Ramirez

Despite bagging 5 goals here St.Mirren actually proved to be a tough nut to crack and at 3-2 up they missed a penalty to equalise. We got 2 late goals to put the game safe and Lewis Ferguson scored a hat-trick including a superb volley from the edge of the area.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path 4th Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
boys.png

Lineup
- Lewis, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher, MacKenzie, Gilmour, Ferguson (Brown), Hedges (Morgan), Gelabert (Albarracin), Wilson, Ramirez

WE REACH THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES!!!!

However we were so lucky. We were terrible in the first half and found ourselves 3-0 down and heading out of the tournament but they had a player sent-off and it was then that we began to have a sense o f control and thankfully Christian Ramirez struck twice to put us through on aggregate.

--

rangers.png

Lineup - Lewis, Hernandez, McCrorie, Gallagher (Machuca), MacKenzie, Gilmour, Ferguson (Brown), Wilson, Gelabert, Morgan, Gayle*

Fantastic!! We put Rangers to the sword here and smashed 5 goals past them. Lewis Morgan gave us an early lead before they promptly levelled but on the stroke of half-time Ronald Hernandez struck his first goal for the club. In the 2nd half we added further goals by Gelabert and McCrorie and although they pulled a goal back Dwight Gayle struck in stoppage time to rub salt on the wounds.

--

SUMMARY

We crammed 9 matches this month and we have certainly hit the ground running. Domestically we progressed (somewhat fortuitously) in the Betfred Cup against Livingston but in the league we are beating all and sundry. We put 3 past Motherwell, 4 past Kilmarnock, 5 past St.Mirren and then in the final match of the month we smashed 5 past Rangers. It seems that Celtic will be our rivals this season as they have a 100% record to while Rangers have stumbled twice already.

In the Champions League we managed to reach the group stages - AKA the holy grail! We easily beat HJK Helsinki before facing off against Young Boys. After winning the first leg 3-1 at home we found ourselves 3-0 down in the 2nd leg but we rescued it after they had a man sent-off and 2 Ramirez goals saved us. We wont be progressing in our group however as we have been given a nightmare draw alongside Man City, AC Milan and Lyon!!!!
1627327289675.png
1627327309160.png
1627327343214.png
1627327374034.png

Despite trebling the bank balance by getting the near £14m for reaching the group stages I didnt get any more transfer funds or wage budget increases so I didnt make any more signings in the transfer market.

Regarding my squad my new players have done pretty well with one exception - Billy Gilmour. I have played him as a deep lying playmaker but he has really struggled so I will try him out as an attacking playmaker next month and see if his ratings improve as he should be cruising it at this level like Harry Wilson has done since his arrival.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HARRY WILSON
wilson.png

--

PREMIERSHIP
AUG.png