The Official Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKMACKIE

Reaction score
I went to down the official patches from the fm website and it's asking me to find the programme to open them. Any idea how I can resolve this or should I just save it regardless?

dont open the file. add the extension '.exe' behind the file which you download and double click on it. it should work perfectly ^^)

The only options I get are find save close. Do you want me to save it and add .exe onto the name of the file of which I save it?

yes. for example, the file is 'patch 10.2'. add a .exe such that it becomes 'patch 10.2.exe'. let me know if it works (A)

edit: save it into your pc. dont open it

Ok will do it soon something in FM was trying to crash my computer so had to close it down and currently running a scan.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

I saved it straight into my database folder and didn't open it and tried to start a new game and was never given a option of which database to use any ideas?

no, no. you save it, rename your 'patch' to 'patch.exe'. double click on it, and install from there. guess you must have misunderstood me lol. what i meant was when you are prompted to download, click 'save to disk', instead of 'open'. when it has completed downloading, you do the renaming and then open it for installation.

Apart from what cmh said, I can't think of any solutions mate, sorry. Maybe type it into Google? Normally comes up with something helpful.

I thought you had to have a program like Winrar or Winzip to extract the file?

I do but for some reason with this file it doesn't open with WinRAR. Your Edited Scottish League downloads with WinRAR however when I extract to db folder I don't get the option of using it as a database nor any other databases.

kind of relevent; while playing the game with version 10.2, i've noticed a really weird thing that didn't happen in the original version. sometimes a player (most of the time a defender or goalkeeper) would charge at full speed, aimlessly across the pitch for no apparent reason. could it be that SI has ruined a decent game with updates it didn't need? hmmm...

right I done what you said and added .exe then double clicked it tried to install it then it got to a bit and just stopped and wouldn't let me choose the button to continue just cancel and stop.

right I done what you said and added .exe then double clicked it tried to install it then it got to a bit and just stopped and wouldn't let me choose the button to continue just cancel and stop.
if i remember correctly, the patch is still being installed even though it seems to have 'stopped'. i ended up waiting for around 2-3 minutes before the it says 'installation complete'. so i think you will have to wait as well and the im certain that it did not hang

Ok Thanks it worked out but since I've downloaded this, It seems I can't be connected for network games does this have anything to do with the network connections. Even though I created the game before I downloaded this patch so shouldn't it still be Default database?

Ok Thanks it worked out but since I've downloaded this, It seems I can't be connected for network games does this have anything to do with the network connections. Even though I created the game before I downloaded this patch so shouldn't it still be Default database?

both/all users on a network game should be on the same patch or it will not work

Yea ok thanks I got one of my mates to download it but one of mates his using a download illegal download copy so maybe thats the reason hes having problems?

there you go.

online play + illegal copies of fm dont mix.

tell him to buy the game, u can get it for 20quid now

Yea its 17.99 off Play now and thanks very much for the quick answers. Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.