The Official Rangers Match Thread

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who has spent more, who's signed more players etc etc. The season is decided on the pitch by the players available. The number of tranfers made doesn't win the league, proven last year and the year before by Rangers.
Me personally i'm looking forward to seeing both Rangers and Celtic play some decent football and hopefully have a first drama free Old Firm game on the 18th.

Also the comments made by Lawwell are that of a man who should know better than to talk about the transfer policies of another club regardless if they are true or false.

The last thing Scottish football needs after our Euro humiliation is name calling and finger pointing from those you have nothing else better to do.

Newcastle made a bid for Jelavic on the last day,
Fernebahce made a bid for him last night,
Hopefully this satisfied the conspiracy theorists being daft.

Newcastle made a bid for Jelavic on the last day,
Fernebahce made a bid for him last night,
Hopefully this satisfied the conspiracy theorists being daft.

Source?

Doubt it tbh. Rangers would have it all over there website and I cant see them turning down big money when there funds are being frozen by HMRC.....

More money wows for Whyte........

RANGERS are facing further financial turmoil after it emerged one of Scotland’s top law firms is suing the club over unpaid legal bills.
Initial court proceedings have already taken place between the Ibrox club and Glasgow-based Levy & McRae over a bill understood to be around £35,000 and dating from earlier this year.
The bill was for advice given to Rangers on how to handle the Uefa investigation into sectarian singing at Europa Cup games against Dutch side PSV Eindhoven. Rangers were fined €40,000 (£35,652) by Uefa in March and its fans banned from the next away European game for sectarian singing in the match in Holland with PSV. The club also received a suspended ban on its fans for a second away game, for a probationary period of three years.
The latest financial woes to hit the Scottish champions have emerged as former owner Sir David Murray made clear the businessman he sold Rangers to, Craig Whyte, was “fully aware” of an outstanding tax liability of £2.8 million before buying the club.
On Friday, the same day a preliminary hearing in the Levy and McRae case was heard at the Court of Session in Edinburgh, Rangers had £2.8m seized after an arrest order was issued to the club’s bank over an unpaid tax bill. The order was delivered on Thursday following an application by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The club’s bank then acted by putting the money into a holding account
Levy and McRae, which provides legal advice to many of Scotland’s leading newspapers, including The Herald, is also representing former Rangers chief executive Martin Bain in his breach of contract case against the Ibrox club.
Sources close to both parties have told The Herald the legal action is a clear indication that relations between the club and its previous lawyers had broken down irrevocably, with one claiming: “Rangers were furious when Levy & McRae took on Martin’s case.”
Although the bill dates from the dying days of the Murray era, Rangers under Mr Whyte, who bought the club for a nominal £1 in May, are still liable for the money, the law firm has claimed.
Peter Watson, senior partner at Levy & McRae, said: “We don’t wish to comment while the case is progressing through the courts.” A spokesman for Rangers also refused to comment on the case.
Meanwhile, Sir David has insisted that the new owners knew of the outstanding tax bill before May’s takeover.
A spokesman for the Murray Group said: “Craig Whyte and his advisers were fully aware of the £2.8 million tax liability before buying the club. The liability was included in our accounts for the six months ending on December 31, 2010.
“In fact, specific provision was made and assurances given by Mr Whyte that funds were in place to enable him to pay that.”
The liability includes approximately £900,000 of interest on a bill of £1.9 million stemming from deals that were done during **** Advocaat’s reign as manager.
But HMRC has also hit Rangers with a £1.4 million late payment fee, which the club is disputing, taking the total bill to £4.2 million.

Birmingham move for Toon striker on season loan - Football Hotline - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

Twitter

Neither on the website thank you very much... Fernebahce bid was £8m according to SSN last night.[URL="http://twitter.com/#!/skysports_bryan"]
[/URL]

---------- Post added 07/09/2011 at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 06/09/2011 at 07:31 PM ----------

Get it right up you, conspiracy theorists.
Hope you are prepared to apoligize Shay, unfortunately i don't think you will. Hope this shows everyone we still have money in the bank and Craig Whyte isn't here to bleed the club dry.
Rangers did receive £8m bid for Nikica Jelavic | Mail Online

Was my last post deleted?

Apologise? A report in a tabloid newspaper (written by Peter Jardine) says the bid happened so it must be true?

Very few quotes in the article, the one that stands out is

"the club received a serious offer from Leicester for Nikica." Sally Mc.

No mention of the 9million offer? Why?

The report also doesnt mention the unknown club or the unknown agent, Why?
Also Why would the unkown club go threw a 3rd party?

Ironic Rangers fans calling Celtic fans conspiracy theorists now saying as a lot of Rangers fans think FIFA and the new sectarian police people are against them XD.

If their is money in the bank why have Rangers not payed the smaller tax bill? Why have the catering rights been sold and why are HMRC wrapping up Rangers funds?

Last edited:
The report doesn't mention the unknown club or agent as the person reporting was asked not to. Same cirumstance as Leicester City asked for but for some reason Rangers went public with the details of the bid, much to the annoyance of Leicester FC and Sven Goran Eriksson in particular.

Rangers haven't paid the smaller tax bill as they have a disagreement over it. They believe they should not have to pay it. The HMRC aren't wrapping up funds they are merely making sure the money they are owed is held so it cannot be spent.
The money "wrapped up" by the HMRC is a small sum contained within Rangers overall funds.
The media have merely put a tint on the story to get a reaction, much the same case of the Jelavic bid(s).
We should all know by now though that what we read in the papers is usually very far from the truth or unaccurate at best.

Put the Jelavic bid and HMRC issue to bed. Reason 1 - Transfer window is closed. Rangers still have Jelavic. Reason 2 - If Rangers could not afford to pay the HMRC for their cash Jelavic would've been sold so as not to endanger the club.

As for the catering rights being sold i've not a clue, but if it means better quality food i'm all for that :D

I wouldn't mind a wee steak bake at half-time if that's what that means.

---------- Post added 10/09/2011 at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 08/09/2011 at 05:49 PM ----------

A good win today but it's not all good news.
In-fact it's terrible as there is real questions being raised about the clubs solvency by courts.
It all relates to documents posted on the internet -which belong to Martin Bain- questioning the clubs ability to handle the bill of £18m from HMRC if it is served. It is a well known fact that if we suffer insolvency within 90days of the bill being served the remaining debt -which has been transferred to the accounts of Craig Whytes Wavetower Ltd to get paid- will get moved back into Rangers accounts. All worrying news.
If you need sources on any of this feel free to ask bears :(

I wouldn't mind a wee steak bake at half-time if that's what that means.

---------- Post added 10/09/2011 at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 08/09/2011 at 05:49 PM ----------

A good win today but it's not all good news.
In-fact it's terrible as there is real questions being raised about the clubs solvency by courts.
It all relates to documents posted on the internet -which belong to Martin Bain- questioning the clubs ability to handle the bill of £18m from HMRC if it is served. It is a well known fact that if we suffer insolvency within 90days of the bill being served the remaining debt -which has been transferred to the accounts of Craig Whytes Wavetower Ltd to get paid- will get moved back into Rangers accounts. All worrying news.
If you need sources on any of this feel free to ask bears :(

Thats a big shock!!!!!

It isnt like I have been saying this for a month now.........

Glad it is finally sinking in.

---------- Post added 12/09/2011 at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was 10/09/2011 at 05:41 PM ----------

Rangers news | Football | STV SportMore late payments. oO)

Also interesting to know that Rangers have not completely payed for Jelavic as some believed.

Great Result and performance today but, to be honest, we were playing an exceptionally poor team.
My Ratings.

Rangers - 4

McGregor 4: Howler, that is all.
Whittaker 7: Done his job well
Goian 8: Some find by McCoist. The Man is a tank.
Bocanegra 8: Experience showed today
Papac 6: Solid
Naismith 8: Took his chances well and ran them ragid.
Edu 7: Great off the ball, no so good on it.
Davis 8: Superb again from the captain.
Wylde 6: Kept Wilson from getting forward.
Lafferty 8: Made lot's of chances, deserved his goal.
Jelavic 5: Scored, but is not playing like he can.

Subs:
McCulloch 4: Turned up
Healy 3: Came on.

Celtic - 2
Forster 4: Liability
Wilson 4: Done nothing at all.
Loovens 5: Not SPL class.
Wilson 5: Okay, poor today.
El Kaddouri 2: Will be uncomfortable tonight in Laff's back pocket
Brown 5: Best of them, still rank though.
Kayal 3: Over-hyped by the looks of him today.
Ki 5: No bad
Mulgrew 0: What a clown. Sent-off when most needed.
Samaras 2: Always ****.
Hooper 5: Good goal.

Subs.
Stokes 4: Should have started to be honest.
Bangura 1: Looks rank to be honest.
Forrest 4: Good player, better than Brown.

Great Result and performance today but, to be honest, we were playing an exceptionally poor team.
My Ratings.

Rangers - 4

McGregor 4: Howler, that is all.
Whittaker 7: Done his job well
Goian 8: Some find by McCoist. The Man is a tank.
Bocanegra 8: Experience showed today
Papac 6: Solid
Naismith 8: Took his chances well and ran them ragid.
Edu 7: Great off the ball, no so good on it.
Davis 8: Superb again from the captain.
Wylde 6: Kept Wilson from getting forward.
Lafferty 8: Made lot's of chances, deserved his goal.
Jelavic 5: Scored, but is not playing like he can.

Subs:
McCulloch 4: Turned up
Healy 3: Came on.

Celtic - 2
Forster 4: Liability
Wilson 4: Done nothing at all.
Loovens 5: Not SPL class.
Wilson 5: Okay, poor today.
El Kaddouri 2: Will be uncomfortable tonight in Laff's back pocket
Brown 5: Best of them, still rank though.
Kayal 3: Over-hyped by the looks of him today.
Ki 5: No bad
Mulgrew 0: What a clown. Sent-off when most needed.
Samaras 2: Always ****.
Hooper 5: Good goal.

Subs.
Stokes 4: Should have started to be honest.
Bangura 1: Looks rank to be honest.
Forrest 4: Good player, better than Brown.

I'd have to disagree with the ratings for McGregor, Broony and Hooper. McGregor dropped a clanger, yes, but he was otherwise terrific as usual. Broony was well better than a 5 as was Hooper, and I think giving Bangura a 1 when he played three mins is very harsh.

Mulgrew - 0? He was our second best player after Brown today, yes he got a red but he still put in a great shift today.
If you think Kayal is over rated then you have not watched any of Celtics other games he has played this season and last season. He was poor today (not 3 mind you) but is an amazing player.
Gioan tank? Why does he keep jumping onto the floor then?

Rating of 4 for one mistake? Thats plenty.
And i dont see how that is a poor team, mabye not the best but what would you have changed?

I'd say the rating for Kaddouri was harsh. I do agree with Mulgrew's rating, though. Needed him badly and got sent off, no excuse.

As for the Rangers ratings, McGregor was a lot better than a 4. Wylde, maybe a 7? Played pretty well.

Other than that, well done to Rangers on a deserved win.

Watching the game again Brown probably deserved an 8. Played pretty well, and Wylde was pretty non-existent at times.
Imagine how good we will be when we hit form...