Dimazz

Reaction score
THE OIL-RICH CHALLENGE
View attachment 322986
Hello and welcome to my new story. After failing at San Marino challenge i needed a break from challenge and commintment on fm. So i looked and i found this nice, easy looking little challenge.
It is originally called the FM-BASE $200m challenge. Basically you get a blank team in the prem (reading is replaced), literally blank
and your challenge is to build a team with a budget of 200m pounds.

As i want to keep it short before i crack on with some more difficult challenge i will only play for 2 seasons. And in these 2 seasons i will be aiming to win as much as i can.
My aim:
1st season:
win the league cup
win the fa cup
top 4 prem
2nd season:
win the prem
win both cups
win the champions league

This is quite a challenge and i only ever seen 1 person out of 15 ish to win something in the first season. Lets begin this!
This challenge really relies on the reader. I havent started the save yet so I want to sign who you suggest so please dont be shy leaving comments with names of players. Remember 1 simple rule, my formation doesnt have wingers.
I will be starting later tonight but remember transfer window is long!

View attachment 322988View attachment 322987View attachment 322985
COMMENT NOW!!!!!

Last edited:
Get Wellington Nem, Ademilson and Adryan as they all have cheap release clauses and are decent players

Get Wellington Nem, Ademilson and Adryan as they all have cheap release clauses and are decent players

If you have the new update database, Wellington Nem's release clause has changed

If you have the new update database, Wellington Nem's release clause has changed
I'm using LFC Marshall's latest on my Chelsea save and it still has it. Didn't know the official one had changed it, bastards

Jovetic is about the best player that you can get I think. Begovic, Okore, Luke Shaw, Anderson, Carlos Carmona and James McCarthy are all decent options

I will. Thanks for advice. They are all quite young so i will probably need some experience alongside dont you think?

What is the clubs reputation?

and your formation?
National - can attract most players with money!
oh the formation is quite good actually, found it on fm its narrow 41212 but the full back are pushed into wing back with strategy overload so wing backs push right up to ram/lam. this leaves gaps which means a pacey cb is needed, any recommendation (i know a couple like ogbonna, but i really want to make this thread like a people's team

with those aims go for good players. I usually put in the search bar= asking price is at most (then put the maximum). there are a few decent players

Go for all the Germans!!!! From Lewandowski to Gotze, Reus to Bender Hummels to Schurrle sign them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big problem with this save, none of the players like bale want to come

Wouldnt Bale cost like a quarter of your budget anyway in the new patch? With £200million for a squad you cant really spend more than like £15million on a player as you would run out of money too quick

Wouldnt Bale cost like a quarter of your budget anyway in the new patch? With £200million for a squad you cant really spend more than like £15million on a player as you would run out of money too quick
Yep but thats just to give you idea, lets say joao moutinho or montoya, walker etc.

TRANSFER WINDOWS
Well, the most exciting part of the save is now over and boy it was 1 dense transfer window. FM-BASE fc has
signed 22 players and spending more than 200m (i adjusted my allocations a bit). You can see all of them on the screenie but the most notable ones icluded much requested jovetic and okore alongside my San Marino save beast David Suazo.
All the other signings are very good as well as we fight to win the cups. 1 thing we are still lacking is depth, but this was inevitable. The club games update will be tomorrow where i try to fight against the team cohesion problem.
View attachment 323159
enjoy! screenies of individuals can be shown if requested as well as everything else about this save. Thank you :)

Find players who all speak the same language and make your transfers, ease of communication which will get them up and running quickly.

Ospina
Thiago Motta
Nilmar

Edit: just noticed you finished

Daniel Carvalho on a free for depth purposes?

Last edited: