The Old Timer Says Hello

Reaction score
Hello to all of FM Base,

I have been searching for a decent FM forum for decent FM chat and football threads, and I thought this seems to fit the bill perfectly for me. I am not a Football Manager newbie, I've been playing Championship Manager since 2001, and I made the switch in 2006, when Championship Manager decided it would be very very **** :p

So I've been playing Football Manager since 2006, and surprisingly it didn't wreck my Uni grades which I was relieved about since this game is so addictive :)

Anyway, so now I am 22, having just left Uni, and into the big world. I have a small job at a leisure centre, which isn't too busy on a Monday morning at 9.17.

I am a massive fan of football, and one of the biggest fans of Hinckley United (come on you Knitters (H)), and I often travel to the ground to watch their games, and living near Leicester, I generally follow Leicester, but Hinckley is my club. We ain't doing great at the moment we are 3rd bottom, and in a small mess :p.

That's me over and done with, I look forward to getting to some of you lot, and I hope to see you on the forums in the near future :)

Your team's nickname is "The Knitters". That's hilarious !

Is there any reason behind this ? Welcome to FM-Base ;)

Welcome to the base.

And 22 is far from old.

Last edited:
Welcome :)
Be careful though. This forum can be pretty addictive too. ;)

Your team's nickname is "The Knitters". That's hilarious !

Is there any reason behind this ? Welcome to FM-Base ;)

I have no idea lol, something to do with the olden age around Hinckley, but I ain't a clue, as I live in Leicester XD

Congrats on finishing Uni, I hear some people don't quite manage it.

Welcome to FM-Base anyway :)

Congrats on finishing Uni, I hear some people don't quite manage it.

Welcome to FM-Base anyway :)

I thought Computer Science was quite easy to be honest :p

Anyway, thank you all for the kind welcome, shame, I'm the only Hinckley fan here, not to be unexpected though XD

shame, I'm the only Hinckley fan here, not to be unexpected though XD

Don't be silly! Hinckley fans gather on this forum in the hundreds!

Either way, enjoy your stay here :)

We've got a few FM-Basers doing Computer Science at Uni at the moment also, it's quite a common subject at Uni. Welcome to the base dude!

FS must be a new record no on mentioned a certain forum member! Anyway im not gonna be that troll..

Welcome to the base mate some good people on here :D

H'allo!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.