MJHendry

Reaction score
The clue is in the name. You start off as a Sunday-League manager and try and get to the top of the managerial pyramid. Simple right? Here's the catch. You can only spend one season at any club.

I dunno if there is a challenge like this (please tell me if there is), and I don't know if it is even possible, but thought I'd give it a go and see how far I could get.

Interesting Challenge

Good idea mate, I might try this 1 myself, although it would be a massive pain in the *** setting up a new club every season. Admittedly though, I do the Blue Square North/South to Champions League challenge and you end up basically setting up a new club every season doing that. Between that challenge and the San Marina challenge it may be a while before I try this 1.

Even if nobody else takes part (which I think they will), post your own progress on this, I think people would be interested. We could always nickname it the Roy Hodgson Challenge, since he's managed a million different clubs lol.

So after you have been promoted are you just adding a new manager and picking any team in that league? Or are you waiting for a job offer from which ever club sacks their manager in that league? Would have thought this would be quite easy if you are just adding a new manager as you would just pick the best team in that league that didn't get promoted.

So after you have been promoted are you just adding a new manager and picking any team in that league? Or are you waiting for a job offer from which ever club sacks their manager in that league? Would have thought this would be quite easy if you are just adding a new manager as you would just pick the best team in that league that didn't get promoted.

I think it would defeat the object to Add New Manager etc, the way to do it would be to leave the club at the start of the new season (once your reputation has gone up according to what you have achieved) and just pray that a vacant club either picks you up or wait into the season until 1 becomes available (like the first season).

The upsides of this challenge however are that you don't have to care about youths or finance, ya can gladly run a club into the red as long as you get good results as you will jump ship at the end of the season.

Yeah I should have said you can only use one manager.Adding a new manager every season would just be pointless. Like TAPDoink (interesting name I might add), I am currently doing the San Marino Challenge (and bossing it if I say so myself) so will look into this challenge once I've been sacked from/got bored of that.

It would also be best to start off unemployed as that is how you're going to start every other season off (leaving your 1-year contract to run out).

The upside of this challenge also, when you get to the top (which will take quite a few seasons this way perhaps) you can get top honours with a lot of different teams, there is something exciting about that (now I feel like a massive nerd).

It's a long story behind this ridiculous name, a loooong story lol.

Just realised that you can do the 'Well Travelled' and 'Trophy Hoarder' Steam Achievements with this challenge as well.

Wow, Nomadic Manager much? I'd be interested in following this challenge more so then doing it myself, I have other challenge/games I'm getting really stuck into atm. Interesting idea though it must be said.

Would have thought this would be quite easy if you are just adding a new manager as you would just pick the best team in that league that didn't get promoted.
g.php

If you are adding a new manager it is of course easy but the challenge is to do this as 1 manager. Showing the managers history would show anyone who has just created a new manager.

I just started this challenge for fun and got me a contract offered in Albanie in the second league.
I loaded the top 10 countries and the bottom 10 countries in Europe.

View attachment 218284

Season: My 1st season(2011-12)
Final Position: 1st
Cups: Champions League, FA Cup & League Cup
Biggest Win: 6-0 vs. Swansea(h)
Biggest Defeat: N/A
Top Goalscorer: Fernando Torres
Most Assists: Juan Mata
Fans Player of the Year: Josh McEachran
Wins: 37
Draws: 1
Losses: 0

The clue is in the name. You start off as a Sunday-League manager and try and get to the top of the managerial pyramid. Simple right? Here's the catch. You can only spend one season at any club.

I dunno if there is a challenge like this (please tell me if there is), and I don't know if it is even possible, but thought I'd give it a go and see how far I could get.

I don't know where it says you should start in BSP? But the only thing I read is you start as a Sunday League manager and I supposed you should be unemployed. That's why I started in Albania to se where to get in a few years.

I've decided to start this challenge. Here is my profile just to prove that I have started as with Sunday-League experience:
View attachment 243149

Will keep you posted on job offers.

FM continues to baffle me. I was rejected by Port Vale and Hereford, yet Sampdoria want me!

View attachment 243151

So looks like I've skipped the third division South African teams and gone straight to the Italian Giants. I've got one season, so my target is simply to win the league.

I joined Sampdoria 11 games into the season with the club in 16th place, giving me about 3/4 of the season to change their fortunes. I opened with a 1-1 draw at home against high-flying Torino, a result which I am happy with due to the team's low confidence. Here are my results for October:

View attachment 243156

Sampdoria 1 - 1 Torino

View attachment 243157

Sampdoria 2- 0 Albinoleffe

Very happy with both results. Also encouraged by Mauro Icardi's debut against Albinoleffe as he bagged a goal, which is more than any of my other strikers have done. Also arranged to sign Davide Petrucci on a free from Man Utd in January, which looks like a good move. The next update will reveal November's results.

Decided to post results season by season instead:

View attachment 243872

Finished 8th overall. The confidence and morale issues were a major hurdle for most of my time at Sampdoria. We finished strongly but were still unable to reach the play-offs. Despite not getting promotion or even reaching the play-offs, I was satisfied with how the experience went considering the state the club was in when I arrived. The squad was decent but at the start of the game, top quality players like Angelo Palombo, Andrea Poli, Paolo Sammarco and Daniele Dessena have been loaned out, which left the squad short of quality. Four players caught my attention at Sampdoria due to their potential and ability; Fabian Frei, Charlison Benschop, Davide Petrucci and Obiang.

View attachment 243904

As promised, I resigned at the end of the season. I don't particularly want to work in Italy again, so I'm looking for a job elsewhere. I shall let you know

View attachment 244015

Thats right, from Serie B to Blue Square Premier, I've gone to Droylsden FC. 21st after 22 games, with the aim of saving the team from relegation.

Computers ******* up so I can't put pics on, but managed to save Droylsden from relegation on last day of the season. Resigned and am now managing Aldershot in League Two, in 23rd with 14 points after 17 games.