UTO!

Reaction score

Sheffield Wednesday take over complete !

Soccer---npower-Football--006.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday will be in the hands of new owners from now on,ex-manager Chris Turner who has bought the club.

The former Hartlepool boss is representing a consortium in the Middle East who have taken over the Owls.
"It's just tying up the loose ends and asking a few final questions. The deal should be completed shortly," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

Turner expects to be given a role at the club if the deal goes through.
Wednesday, who have debts of more than £20m confirmed last week that they were to receive a £2m cash injection, believed to be from the consortium headed by Turner, to solve immediate cash-flow problems ahead of longer-term financial help.
Some of the money will also be used to pay off their next winding-up order which they are expected to face on 17 November.

Big Changes at Sheffield Wednesday

New Chairman Chris Turner has been quick to make changes here at Hillsborough, the first is the change of managers. Alan Irvine was shown the door and in came a surprise manager, Gary Megson. Megson will take over at Hillsborough tomorrow morning.

Turner and Megson Interview

Sky Sports News - Hello Chris and congratulations on taking over at Sheffield Wednesday, but lets get to the point, why did you decide to change the manager so early into the new season ?

Chris Turner - Well i just thought we needed a change and well Gary is the man to take this team forward

BBC Sport - Gary , will you be making any drastic changes here at Sheffield Wednesday ?

Gary Megson - I am not sure yet. I will have to analyse everything and take a look at what options i have available.

SWFC.CO.UK - The Sheffield Wednesday fans will be wanting to know now you have taken over the club will there be any transfers incoming ?

Chris Turner - I am not sure yet,if Gary asks me for some funds i will do my all to get them for him

Sky Sports News - Gary will you be making any transfers and if so who ?

Gary Megson - I have a few players in mind like Robbie Fowler and Jason Roberts

BBC Sport - One final question before we have to leave, Marcus Tudgay may have to leave the club to raise funds for new players, is that true ?

Chris Turner - Well i will have to see what offers from other clubs are put on the table, but i want him to stay, but if it is a large amount of cash say like £4+ Million i will have to sell him.

Robbie-Fowler-006.jpg

Fowler may be brought in if Tudgay leaves the club

Not a bad opening but could be more detailed and KIU as not many people do !!

Not a bad opening but could be more detailed and KIU as not many people do !!

Cheers, yeah i will put more detail into transfers and League games :)

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Megson quick to bring in fresh faces

graham-alexander-pic-getty-502109363.jpg

Gary Megson has today confirmed that nine players have joined the club and one player has left.

The only player to leave the club up to date is Marcus Tudgay who has joined Celtic in a £3.8m deal. The deal has a buy back clause of £4.5m. Tudgay said he was very upset after he left Sheffield Wednesday but wants to make a name for himself in Scotland.

The first player Megson has brought in is the loan move of James Forrest from Celtic. This deal was included in the deal that saw Tudgay go in the other direction. Forrest has joined on a season long loan with a view to a £250,000 permanent move if he impresses during his spell at Hillsborough.

Gary Megson's second signing was of former Italy international Christian Vieri who was a free agent before capturing the move to The Owls. Vieri will be looking to be a key member in Megsons squad and with a player of his ability will be looking to score 15+ this campaign.

The Owls have also wrapped up deals for another two free agents, both are defenders. The first is Danny Shittu, Shittu welcomed the chance to get back into football after been released. The second defender he signed is Graeme Murty, he is a very good left back and will also be a key member of Megsons squad.

Megson also captured deals for two experienced goalkeepers, the first goes by the name of Ian Walker, a former England international who joins on a free transfer. Megson felt that the club needed a new keeper and there is no better player than Ian to fit the bill... Or is there ? Megson also has signed free agent Thomas Myhre, Mhyre,35, has been capped 56 times by Norway and will be looking to gain the number one shirt under Gary Megson.

Gary Megson has bolstered his attacking options also by signing yet another free agent, this new player is Febian Brandy, Brandy impressed for the England trialsit scoring an outstanding hat trick in a 4-2 victory. Megson saw the potential in him and was quick to snap him up.

Sheffield Wednesday also welcomed New signings Graham Alexander and Bob Malcolm. Graham joining for £250,000 from Burnley and Bob joining for the same amount from Australian team Brisbane Roar FC. Both are experienced players and will fit into the set up well at Hillsborough and many fans will be drooling at the prospect at seeing such a good penalty taker at Hillsborough as Graham Alexander is the so called master at converting them.

Suprised to see a story at this time of year, not planning on getting fm 11? Good luck anyways

Nice detail there pal maybe some screenshots??

Nice detail there pal maybe some screenshots??

Will do, just made some more transfers so will need to update them when the window closes.
Update tomorrow after school as i need to revise for my English exam

Will do, just made some more transfers so will need to update them when the window closes.
Update tomorrow after school as i need to revise for my English exam

what year you in?

FM or school ?

Last edited:

Megson joins forces with Everton

7dd45eb6a6d3ab90be7d462b8d7dc215.jpg

Gary Megson has today announced that Sheffield Wednesday and Everton have reached an agreement over Everton been The Owls parent club. Everton will be able to send players on loan to Sheffield Wednesday to get first team experience.

Megson adds more new players !

_46448700_esajas_huw766.jpg

Esajas rejoins The Owls

Sheffield Wednesday boss Gary Megson has today announced the arrival of four new players. Those players are, Inigo Idiakez who as signed on a free transfer and is believed to be on around £2,800 p/w.

The second signing is of James Vaughan who has joined on a six month loan from Everton, the England U-21 player has stated his ambition to break straight into the first team here at Hillsborough and start scoring goals.

The third signing is a shock deal to bring back Etienne Esajas after former boss Alan Irvine decided to release him. Megson stated to the press that when watching the Steel City derby last year Esajas caught his eye and was shocked when he was let go by Irvine. Megson offered Esajas a one week triaal with the club and he impressed so Megson was quick to capture him.

The fourth signing is also another loan from Everton , James Duffy has joined on a season long loan after Ritchie De Laet was sent back to Manchester United after picking up an injury during a pre season friendly.

Also Neil Mellor has left the club to rejoin Preston after Megson told him that he wouldn't be in his first team plans this year so he terminated the loan contract, And Young prospect Bebe has also been sent back to Manchester United after he as well picked up an injury in a friendly

11mevjc.png

Next update will be later on tonight

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:36 PM ----------

N-Power League One kicks off

0,,10361~8965138,00.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday's League One campaign under new boss Gary Megson kicked off today away at Yeovil. The Owls were easy winners as they pulled off a 4-1 victory, Etienne Esajas put Sheffield Wednesday in front after just 46 seconds. Yeovil puled a goal back through Dean Bowditch but that wasn't enough as Sheffield Wednesday ran riot after that with goals coming from, Danny Shittu , James Forrest and James Vaughan.

Megson's second game in charge was a League Cup game down at Macclesfield. The Owls impressively won the game 4-0. Jermaine Johnson put them in front on the 26 minute mark, Febian Brandy then doubled The Owls lead in the 64th minute with a cool finish. Christian Vieri then come on replacing James Forrest and it took him two minutes to get on the score sheet with a powerful effort, and then The Owls got a penalty when Vieri got tugged down and up stepped Graham Alexander to complete the scoring.

Sheffield Wednesday carried on their spectacular start to the season winning 4-1 at home vs Brighton. James Vaughan scored his second goal in as many games when he rounded a stranded keeper to score, James Forrest then got his second goal of the season with a smart finish from the edge of the area. Brighton pulled a goal back from the spot after Darren Purse brought down Calderon, Calderon himself stepped up and converted the penalty. Jermaine Johnson extended The Owls lead when he took on two or three of the Brighton defense to score a truly amazing goal, Shane Duffy completed the scoring when he met a Johnson corner to nod the ball home.

The Owls then had a tough game against Leyton Orient what they won 3-1. James Vaughan opened the scoring when he neatly placed the ball past the Orient keeper, Graham Alexander then scored another penalty to put The Owls two up after Forrest was brought down. In the 37th minute Vaughan got his second of the day with yet another clever finish. The game finished on a bad note as in the 65th minute Adam Chambers got shown a straight red card for dangerous play. In the 82nd minute Alex Revell pulled a goal back for Orient but just two minutes later another of there players got sent off , this time it was Ben Chorley for collecting his second yellow of the game.

jamesvaughan.jpg

Vaughan has started well for The Owls scoring 4 goals

The Owls met Brentford at Hillsborough and The Owls came out victorious, 3-0 was the score. James forrest scored in the 16th minute when he pounced on a defensive mistake, he then doubled there lead in the 78th minute with a superb individual goal. Etienne Esajas completed the scoring in the 89th minute when he scored a powerful free kick from 25 yards out.

Gary Megson had a difficult game on his hands, away at Reading in the League Cup. Reading won the game 4-2. Noel Hunt showed his desire to leave Reading earlier on in the week but he opened the scoring on 8 minutes from the spot. Simon Church doubled Readings lead when he took the ball round Danny Shittu and smashed the ball into the net. James Vaughan continued his fine start to life in Sheffield as he pulled a goal back for The Owls, but on the brink of half time new Reading signing Ian Ashbee scored a free kick from around 30 yards out. To make things worse for The Owls they were down to ten men when Bob Malcolm got a straight red card. Noel Hunt capitalised on that and he scored his second of the game to make it 4-1. The Owls didn't give up and that showed when James Vaughan scored his second of the day.

Megson's final game of the month was against many pundits favorite's to claim the title Peterborough, the game was pretty even and finished 0-0.

Player of the month - James Vaughan
6p41mr.png

League One table
11t06qq.png

Last edited: