The peculiar case of Newgens. - Also posted on Steam forum

Johnford

Reaction score
Hello! So, having been playing FM for years and years and years, the only thing i find remotely challenging these days, is getting a team consisting entirely of my own newgens.

Having been doing such on my current savegame, I figured it was time i tried "cheating" a little and reroll on the date of the newgens time and again, trying to get a Son.
(Yes, well established fact you can get a Son in regular FM as long as your manager is 35+ years of age)

Still haven't gotten my son, after hours of rerolling - I'm starting to think I won't during this Newgen "window".
Why? Because it seems Newgens are in fact NOT entirely random.
They are actually far from it, and I give you this proof:
EVERY single time i reroll the date of the newgens, at least ONE of the best players i get through is either a DL or GK. There are no exceptions, there are no other outcomes.
One of my best newgens WILL be DL, GK or I get both.

Why? I don't know. I have no "need" for a new DL or GK, no more so than any other position.
My Head of Youth Development is Dave Parnaby from Middlesbrough.

Look all ye disbelievers, and witness the un-randomness of Newgens..

Steam Community :: Khyron :: Screenshots

The question that remains is.. can the numbers that influence what kind of Newgens I get be found, and thusly altered? No doubt -something- is causing this.. and if we can find it, we can alter it.

It has to do with your HoYD. What are his attributes like?

See? The answer you give now, is based on information we've been fed over and over. I am well aware what the HoYD can do for my recruitment.

But his stats are irrelevant.

View attachment 251705

I am getting GK and DL.. not DR, not DC, or even DM.. DL and GK.

He has 1 for coaching GK's, yet GK is the 2nd most likely outcome.

And why DL? Why not DR, or DC? There's no reason any of his stats should force DL.

There's something else at work here.

I completely agree with OP here and I don't think HOYD has anything to do with it here. On my Tottenham save I 100% get a AMC and a DC no matter what I do. I m also in year 2030.

I don't know enough and, if I'm honest, care enough what influences these intakes. Was hoping someone else would have answers, but it seems not. :(

The interesting thing here, besides figuring out what exactly determines this - is if it's like this every newgen window, or if it's just some. This in relation for those trying to roll for a Son.

If alternative 1:
Some (but not all) Newgen windows are pre-determined to give you a specific type of player as your best Newgen.
1A - Do these windows also remove the chance for a Son due to pre-determination?
1B - Or can some of them actually be extremely likely to give you one?
1C - They have no bearing on chances for a Son

Alternative 2:
All Newgen windows are actually like this and we just haven't noticed it before now?

If 1A, then re-rolling for a Son with such a window is futile.

This might not be the numbers/code I had thought about first, but it's certainly valuable data for those wanting a Son.
If there are in fact times it is entirely impossible to get a Son. I've spent hours upon hours already and no Son.. normally I get one within a couple of hours of re-rolling.
Dumb luck in the past, or could there be truth in this?