RicardPCB

Reaction score
Im managing Man U in my 5th season and i have a strange problem ... my players miss the most of there penalties. had 8 in the league so for and only scored 3. James Rodriquez, Damiao and Belhanda are the main spot takers but they all fail quite a lot. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? My score % from penalties is like 35. Thats not very realistic ( except for Anderlecht in real life ). won the EPL 4 times in a row and also won de CL 4 times in a row so it isnt a matter of life and dead but im still wondering.

If its not that important then let it be ...

Try attacking set pieces match training for a while.

I get much better scoring rate using my average penalty takers than my best.

It may be worth checking up on the composure for the players then deciding on the pen taker list. That's what I do anyway and not really had any problems barring one or two misses, or opposing goalie saves

My players converation ratio is highly connected to the " body language" they currently have when taking the penalty, no matter if they are suited for the task or not.

During matches where I am in the lead 3-0, some of my attacking players tend to go from composed to anxious jus because we are loosing out in possession and they see little of the ball. If we then do get a penalty, they tend to miss. As this body language tend to Chang about 5-10 times every game, its very little I can do about it. In many if my saves, I have been fortunate to have atleats one fullback and one DC with the correct stats and as those players rarely show these kind or nervous/anxiousness due to not feeling in control of having missed some chances, they put it away most of the times.

I ignore the penalty taking skill and look mostly for Bravery, Composure and Finishing with composure the attribute I look for the most.

Last edited:
Here is one Totally speculative answer.

- Could it be that IF your team scores many goals from corners(as I know many if you do )that the opponent uses Defending set pieces for the whole of 2 days in the match prep. As the penalty is a set piece, they get an rather heavy advantage over you. For this to be any part of the reason, it would mean that the CPU takes the goals from set pieces into account rather than the actuall strength of your team( heading, jumping etc). You would not really score less from from corners when they use this match prep though as its more a slight flaw with the ME, a " semi Corner glitch" so the speak.

- Could it be that IF your team scores many goals from corners(as I know many if you do )that the opponent uses Defending set pieces for the whole of 2 days in the match prep. As the penalty is a set piece, they get an rather heavy advantage over you. For this to be any part of the reason, it would mean that the CPU takes the goals from set pieces into account rather than the actuall strength of your team( heading, jumping etc). You would not really score less from from corners when they use this match prep though as its more a slight flaw with the ME, a " semi Corner glitch" so the speak.

1. The way you think is frightening.
2. Now I understand why you are The BetterHalf!

That would be really bs then if the GK can tain on stopping penalties. Stopping penalties isnt something you can train in real life its an instinct you got to have as a GK. But am i the only one who has this problem ? The composure, finishing and penalty taking attributes are all above 15 so that cant be the problem i think.

That would be really bs then if the GK can tain on stopping penalties. Stopping penalties isnt something you can train in real life its an instinct you got to have as a GK. But am i the only one who has this problem ? The composure, finishing and penalty taking attributes are all above 15 so that cant be the problem i think.

NOt entirely bs as you can prepare yourself for it. Just like most goalkeepers do before a knockout match in the world cup, you could readup on how Van Persie, Rooney or any other like penalty taker normally tries to beat the goalkeeper.

No, you are not the only one with the problem. In fact, I have seen many users complaining about this but then again, you have to remember that even if 100 people conmplain about it, there are 1000 that dont have the issue.

Like wrtten earlier, its not the stats as such that makes him miss, but his mental state at the moment he takes it.

Like wrtten earlier, its not the stats as such that makes him miss, but his mental state at the moment he takes it.

Its a factor, but not the only one.

In my many hours on the game I found a number of GKs who really excel in saving pens (eg MARCHETTI at Lazio) as well as a number of players who tend to mostly do well in taking them (weirdly not all with the best relevant stats)

NOt entirely bs as you can prepare yourself for it. Just like most goalkeepers do before a knockout match in the world cup, you could readup on how Van Persie, Rooney or any other like penalty taker normally tries to beat the goalkeeper.

No, you are not the only one with the problem. In fact, I have seen many users complaining about this but then again, you have to remember that even if 100 people conmplain about it, there are 1000 that dont have the issue.

I deselected all penalty takers and now let the match decide who takes it. Won 1-0 against Chelsea because of an 18 year old having more balls then all the superstar players in my team since i emptied the list im scoring PK again !

Its a factor, but not the only one.

In my many hours on the game I found a number of GKs who really excel in saving pens (eg MARCHETTI at Lazio) as well as a number of players who tend to mostly do well in taking them (weirdly not all with the best relevant stats)

Yeah agree. I was more refering to HIM( good stats) and MISS( as in NOT a great save)