mellowz

Reaction score
Less if a story more of a challenge but I'll try to story it up as much as possible. (Would/do people prefer monthly updates or larger updates?)

Rules: start unemployed, Sunday footballer reputation, no coaching badges, do not over spend my budgets.

The Aim: Win all 5 continental champions leagues.

I'm going to start in South Africa wish me luck.

Ps. If people would be interested in this concept please let me know.

Note. I did not think of/invent this challenge I am simply undertaking it.

FC Santos Hire Marshall

Unknown manager 'Marshall' is is hired to take over FC Santos a club who have recently fallen on harder times and many believe should be doing better.

The 24 year old, Marshall, said earlier today 'This is a fantastic opportunity and i'm very grateful to have been given it! I've dreamed of the moment i could manage a team since i was a boy and i couldn't be happier to be here at the peoples club FC Santos and working under a fantastic chairman in Mr. Allie'

Many predicted a mid table finish for the cape town team that reached 5th last year, now however its anyone's guess.

Meet The Team

The board were quite generous in giving me over 300k in transfer budget and 30k in wage budget wanting me to finish mid table.
Note. The competition rules state that you can only have 5 foreign born players and all match day squads must have 5 under 23's in them.

1st place is automatic promotion and 2nd/3rd is a 3 team mini playoff with the second worst team in the premier league to decide who goes/stays up.

SQUAD

First things first evaluating the squad;

After evaluating the squad and seeing what i have i decided that i have too many players playing in the same positions and i need more depth across the team as opposed to 6-7 AMR's. What i decided to do was to sell who i can and mutually release who i can't as i think the key for me will be to save money on wages especially when they are not playing.

TACTICS
The Formation/Tactic i will employ is a 4-1-2-3 Liverpool esq. style with high line, high press, short passing, control and a high tempo but also ensuring we exploit the flanks.

STAFF

I need 1-2 scouts as i was able to get the board to agree to extend the scouting range to the whole of Africa.
I also need an assistant manager desperately.

Marshall Hires Assistant Manager and Scouts

Marshall has wasted no time stamping his authority on the Cape Town team already hiring 3 staff to join him,

'We need to build a team that sticks together and grows together, whilst we are not in the top league, there is no time like the present to begin that process.' Marshall was quoted saying earlier today, he continued saying 'today i feel we have taken a huge step in the right direction hiring Pule to assist me in day to day tasks and generally be my right hand man. I plan to build and young team and will be looking to get the youngest and best talent around so it is my pleasure to welcome Thamsanqa and Daniel here as scouts who will be scouting the great talent across Africa and bringing them here.'

Fans are said to be worried about these additions as they feel the money could have been better spent on players, when Marshall was asked about this he responded 'The fans need to trust us, we have the best interests of the club at heart and Mr.Allie is doing everything he can to support that morally and financially....... the bank isn't empty'.

The Transfers

IN

Cleopas Dube - This guy has been signed to score goals and lots of them! i will be utalising him as the point of our attack, i have a good feeling about him!

Kleinboi Taaibos - Experienced Box to Box midfielder expecting some long range pile drivers and a good few assists he will be the dynamo in the center of midfield for me.

Humphrey Khoza - Again Experienced player and 2nd signing from Whitbank Spurs, i see him as captain or vice captain at the center of defense.

Sihle Mpuqa - Young centre back, again from Whitbank Spurs lots of potential but might not get loads of games this year.

Themba Shabalala - full back at either side so adds great depth, as i was quite light on them, will do a good job as he is technically and physically very good.

Randy Ngobe - Young and good, win and win, Left sided midfielder and very attack minded, speed is great and he is good at dribbling so should be a fantastic addition (also my 4th signing from whitbank spurs)

Moeketsi Tau - In his prime and is a very solid player stats wise again he's a full back but i was very very light on them so solid signing by all accounts.

OUT

3 players i didn't want and my best center back, not ideal losing Brian Mandela but 110k and he wasn't happy so it didn't leave me with much of a choice.

I'm doing a pentgon challenge as well, my first club is in the same league as yours and are called jomo cosmos

I'm doing a pentgon challenge as well, my first club is in the same league as yours and are called jomo cosmos

Oh, Cool! Its a tough ask i think but we will see how i do! good luck with yours!