Yoblackcat

Reaction score
As the title says is there a perfect barca tactic where messi scores the amount of goals he does in real life???

Thanks Matt

No there is not as its not possible to replicate the status( in the squad and in the league) of Messi in FM.

The thing about Barca and Messi is that in real life, teams actually let Barca have the possession and in the end, they manage to penetrate the opponents and score goals. In real life, teams ( say 95 % of them anyway) have 2 choices.

- Either pack the midfield and play compact and deep and defend. letting Barca have the flanks and use a narrow formation

...or..

- try to actually get stuck in and go on the counter. When they actually try to " play football"( here, its when gettin stuck in and using the width etc), they often get beat heavily, being 3-0 down after 25 minutes, and its in these games that Barca dont have their 70 % possession and Messi is scoring his 3 goals.

If they do sit deep and compact, well then this is the scenario where Barca are able to actually hassle the opponent high up in the field since tehir players are close to the opponents when they loose out in possession. In FM, teams dont play that compact so you would need to monitor their formation and use OIs to make sure that you are able to get the ball back in 5 seconds

When Messi ( still irl) are so much involved in the game, he will in the end get enough time with the ball to score. In FM, he wont be the same focalpoint and as most of his chances irl would be considered half chances or not even that, he wont score in the same manner.

Naturally, its possible to come up with a tactic that lets Messi average 1-1.5 goals each game as a FC, but the flow wont look anything like Barca( no matter what edition of Barca, 2011, 2012, 2013)

Last edited:
why cause it say the perfect instead of is there a perfect

No, he meant because the question has been raised about 100 times before. He was not making fun of you, he was just making a prediction about the response in the thread.

There is nothing wrong with your question though)

ok thanks and i didn't know where to put this so i will just ask i here if i put a player as a central defender (cover) and put his individual instructions as man marking will he still do the same job if you know what i mean Ps could you have two Dlp in the same team because it is says xavi is a dlp and iniesta is one two so will it matter

Last edited:
ok thanks and i didn't know where to put this so i will just ask i here if i put a player as a central defender (cover) and put his individual instructions as man marking will he still do the same job if you know what i mean Ps could you have two Dlp in the same team because it is says xavi is a dlp and iniesta is one two so will it matter

1.) No, the Covering DC should cover his zone, a man. Naturally, if you play with man marking, then you have to use it but then again, why use one DC on cover, it makes no sense

2.) Yes you can use 2 DPL. Just remenber that they will both be deeper and holding on to the ball. I would not say that Iniesta is anywhere near being a DLP though. NOt in real life, not in FM. Dont look at their "roles" that the game says they are good in as a fact. Its basiclly just that their stats matches the ones the the game finds the best for ebing able to carry out the instructions of that role.

because if im using poohole the other can cover because he is old and slow and i never use then normally but i was looking at the two cbs and i feel that pique is more error prone then the other so if one is on the cover he will cover if one f ups,
i put xavi as a ap and iniesta as a dlp and sergio as a dlp support but as a dm

because if im using poohole the other can cover because he is old and slow and i never use then normally but i was looking at the two cbs and i feel that pique is more error prone then the other so if one is on the cover he will cover if one f ups,
i put xavi as a ap and iniesta as a dlp and sergio as a dlp support but as a dm

Mate, please use punctuation. Its really hard to read your posts, cheers :D

- Now, what is " poohole" ? ( autocorrect of a name I pressume)?. Anyway, a covering DC with lower closing down is not on man marking, he is on zonal. If not, then he will be dragged out of his zone anxd wont be a covering Dc anymore.

- Xavi is a DLP, Iniesta is a more advanced player

- Sergio B is not really a DLP by stats.

If you are really wanting to play like Barca, dont have that many holding players.

sorry, poohole is puyol just a nickname i've given him, Sergio have the stats to be a dlp support in the dm position.

sorry, poohole is puyol just a nickname i've given him, Sergio have the stats to be a dlp support in the dm position.
Sorry, my fault, he does not have them in my( downloaded) current Databas as he lacks in Decision, Creativity and Technique. Just checked him in the normal ones and there, he is a beast, much, much better than in real life.

Anyway, just remember that a DLP, or any player on defend( in CenMid) holds the ball. This is perhaps somethin you need to tweak into only being one of them doing it.

Also, whilst he( S.B) is a great DLP, think about the balance in the team. Do you really want that many players trying t-balls all the time as your approach is to emulate Barca ?

Sorry, my fault, he does not have them in my( downloaded) current Databas as he lacks in Decision, Creativity and Technique. Just checked him in the normal ones and there, he is a beast, much, much better than in real life.

Anyway, just remember that a DLP, or any player on defend( in CenMid) holds the ball. This is perhaps somethin you need to tweak into only being one of them doing it.

Also, whilst he( S.B) is a great DLP, think about the balance in the team. Do you really want that many players trying t-balls all the time as your approach is to emulate Barca ?
Just trying to emulate the personal stats some of the players have like messi with 70 goals in a overall season but then you said it is very hard/ impossible to do,

And with you last statement if i keep sergio as a dlp in the defensive mid role and have xavi and iniesta in front of him what roles do i put them as?

Just trying to emulate the personal stats some of the players have like messi with 70 goals in a overall season but then you said it is very hard/ impossible to do,

And with you last statement if i keep sergio as a dlp in the defensive mid role and have xavi and iniesta in front of him what roles do i put them as?

Dont look too much at the players as there has to be some balance in the tactic, some players moving inbetween lines, some players holding on to the ball, some playing easy short passes and some players looking for that t-ball

Have a look at these settings regarding the central Mids. Now, this is NOT a Tactic that is emulating Barca, its just one that gets me resulst using several shouts.

Here, I am using the Messi role, the Iniestam the Cavi and the ......Ronaldo our atthe left flank :D

Thanks ill give this ago i'm currently using my own created tactic View attachment 371781 and please tell me what i need to change if i need to

No Problem. Just look at the 4 central mids, not the overall tactic as such. One Anchorman, one DLP, one more attacking and creative CM, on false 10 ( along with one false nine)

Which shouts are you using?

It depends on the situation but mainly, its to do with the width, t-balls and tempo. Now, the tactic file was just instead of a screen of it, that the central Mids was at focus here.