Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Now this is a formation I really want to get right on this FM/FM14, obviously the tactic is only as good as I make it, but I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this formation on FM13, what they feel the most important aspects are and how you've done?

Ill be lining up like GK, CB, CB, CB; RWB, DM, LWB; CM, CM; ST, ST but just wanted to know how people have got on with this formation with this match engine?

Thanks!

Never used that formation in that way mate but i have used something similar with my strommen IF save in norway and got them promoted in my first season against the odds with a GK, CB, CB, CB; RWB, LWB; CM, CM, AM; ST, ST and had great results with it and the same with my osnabruck save also got them promoted and then top half of the table in my second season in germany :)

I tried this with Juve but it's very difficult, especially using a DM instead of AM, since the gap between Midfield and strikers becomes pretty huge. I seemed to be relying on Set pieces quite a lot after a while (and obviously the magic of Pirlo's deliveries) so eventually I just stopped using it as I wasn't really happy.

I think it could work but it'd take quite a while to perfect. Overall though I just think it's one of those tactics that isn't really suited for FM unfortunately