lowman_mrl

Reaction score
Plymouth Argyle Announce Surprise New Manager
Plymouth%20Argyle%20logo_2.jpg

From what seemed out of no where today; Plymouth Argyle announced to Sky Sports News the removal of manager John Sheridan and the appointment of unknown 27 year old rookie Mark Lowman.

Chairman James Brent told Sky Sports cameras that the decision was taken as the board had felt that the club were somewhat stalling under the stewardship of Sheridan; and the appointment of the little known Cornishman from over the Tamar would give the club a massive boast and breath of fresh air!

Lowmans job is simple,
initially achieve a respectable position within League 2 whilst pushing on towards a better future for the club.

The development of the youngsters within the both the club and also in the wider footballing community is seen as a area where PAFC can prosper and secure their long term ambitious aims to take them back to when they were once on the the cusp of the BPL under crazy Ian Holloway before their catastrophic fall to grace and administration.

Friday 27th February 2015, New manager Mark Lowman arrives at Home Park and commences work...........................................

Here goes viewers........please add comments, tips and words of support below!

So nearly i week later i will finally reveal to you all how the rebuilding process at Home Park has begun.........

View attachment 294771

Solid start to the season, with the odd blip now and again, but as im aware this is normal at this level; highlight had to be the 4-0 thrashing of local rivals Exeter only a few games in signalling our intent for the season ahead!

View attachment 294770

As you can expect from the solid start im now at the start of Nov 14 and sitting 2 points clear at the top of the table and 6 points clear of the playoff places.....fingers crossed this form continues!

View attachment 294768

With minimal funds to achieve this league position ive had to rely on loan signings! A few too many loan signings in my opinion in which i cannot fit them all into the match day squad due to the league rules! So far this isnt causing too much of a problem due to injuries etc. The player who has so far caught my eye is Kwesi Appiah from Crystal Palace an impressive 11 goals from 15 games so far this season is actually keeping Reuben Reid out of the starting 11! After i get past this season i will reduce the number of loanees in the team and look to sign more youngsters on permanent deals!

COME ON YOU JANNERS!!!!!!!!!

PAFC Champions of League 2

CHAMPIONS OF LEAGUE 2!!

After many years of heart ache Plymouth Argyle fans have finally re-resumed their winning celebrations as they witnessed a season in which their young Plymouth Argyle team; led by rookie Cornish manager Mark Lowman battled their way through the season and triumphantly refilled their trophy cabinet at Home Park!

green-army-886-800364_478x359.jpg

Controversy...........

One alleged source at the Football Association had been quoted 'Off' the record that Plymouth Argyle never deserved to end the season as champions of League 2! He had commented that the spoils of the league should been awarded to the FA for their generous rules of the use of loanee players!

A quote that of course the FA deny, and claim their staff would never be that irresponsible!

The Season Data.........

View attachment 294023

Top Goalscorer..........

View attachment 294022

Financial Progress

Money has not been a friend to PAFC in recent years but a massive effort has been seen by the board and commercial staff to resolve this elephant in the room!

The commercial team have made great progress in the sponsorship market raking in over 800k additional funds after the successful league campaign.

Chairman James Brent has started projects to improve both youth and training facilities at Home Park and has also recently announced his planned purchase of Home Park by the end of 2016.

image_update_a3b6453e87857af7_1354016446_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Past transfer clauses have also been bought out in order to secure the short term progress of the team back to former glory days. An 800k settlement fee was concluded between Plymouth and their south coast rivals Southampton for the future transfer percent clause of Sam Gallagher. Additionally the same club negotiated the price of 358k for the buy out of a Jack Stephens clause.

The Future.............

With 45k in wage budget and just shy of 1m in transfer budget for the new season in League 1, Plymouth Argyle have a great opportunity to compete for back to back promotions. After a season in which many players were loaned to the green army; it is now Mark Lowman's job to find permanent transfers to bolster the squad; not only this but building that youthful squad that can compete for years to come is a necessity!

kwesiappiah_2012.jpg

The early doors free transfer of top goalscorer Appiah has already been secured from Crystal Palace; which leaves the green army purring at the thought of top quality players once again adorning their beloved Home Park.​