Status
Not open for further replies.

toddzy

Reaction score

Palermo appoint rookie Scotsman

In a shock move by Palermo they have now appointed rookie Scotsman Craig Todd as their new manager. At 25, with no previous work experience some people are already questioning the move by the chairman. He has signed a 2 year deal worth £15,000 a week.

Despite the media and fan backlash against him Todd has came out surprisingly confident in what he hopes to achieve with the club and what style of football he is hoping to play. He also gave a quick but insightful view into what players would be hanging around and his intentions to fully use the promising players lurking in his youth system.

Upon being asked about his youth setup he said this;

'I've been impressed with a few players thus far. Giovanni Cristofari is one player who has certainly stood out for me and will be included in our squad which will be going on tour. Afriyie Acquah is another player I will be trying to hold onto, he looks promising.'

He said that he wished his side to play some nice passing football which would entail the other team chasing rather than themselves. A 1-0 victory will be considered a great result regardless of opponent. He further stated that Miccoli would retain the captains armband and was looking to offer the forward a new deal at the end of the season providing he can mantain stable physical attributes.

Todd completed his press conference by announcing his intention of bringing back Amauri, one of Palermo who is held in good regard amongst fans and within the club. This could spell the end for Maurico Pinilla, who has been linked with a move out. Abel Hernandez has also been linked elsewhere. Todd contributed this could be true due to 'bad attitude'.

Todd's first real test will be when his side find out their draw for the UEFA Europa League. Watch this space to find out who they get drawn against.

Status
Not open for further replies.