Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My favorite players are those who can dominate matches without necessarily scoring themselves or entertaining with popular party tricks. These are often the unsung heroes, and they will make the difference when opponent seemingly has you matched man for man.

These are the true pitch bosses and will be found, most commonly, in the following roles:

Advanced Playmaker (CM, ACM, AML, AMR)
Trequartista (ACM, ST)
Deep Lying Playmaker (CM, DM)
Defensive Mid, Support/Defend (DM)

Preferred Moves:

Dictates Tempo
Tries Killer Balls Often
Switches Ball to other Flank
Comes Deep to Get Ball
Plays One-Twos
Plays Way out of Trouble

The obvious players for such a task are highly known and valued players such as Xavi, Andrea Pirlo, Paul Scholes, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Wesley Sneijder, Javier Pastore, Paulo Henrique, and Francesco Totti (for the false 9 version).

There are many less obvious candidates who can occupy such a role in your team, even if you are cash strapped, and they can also certainly be developed through training with young players.

Who are some of your examples?

I'll start a list of the "less obvious" (though some will undoubtedly be obvious to those with a keen eye for the game):

Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Rosenborg (APM)
Jan Vertonghen, Ajax (DPM)
Borja Valero, Villareal (APM, DPM)
Bruno, Villareal (DPM)
Lucas, Sao Paulo (APM, TQ)
Arturo Vidal, Leverkusen (DPM)
Ander, Zaragoza/Bilbao (APM)

Anyway, just a quick short list to get it started.

Poli and Sahin are two quality young midfield playmakers that I have seen boss numerous games.

IG Sotiris Ninis is a great advanced playmaker (attack), costs about £4mil and he can't shoot to save his life. So you could add him to this list.

Ninis is a good young one. Christian Eriksen (Ajax) as well. Eriksen is an assist master.

Raphael Holzhauser and Haris Vuckic are good development projects.

there are literally hundreds I can name for you mate.... what is really the point of this thread? listing ALL the good midfielders in the game?

Jelle Vossen - He isn't very good technically but mentally there are few better.

Play him as a defensive forward. He hassles the backline causing them to make mistakes while your pacey attackers are there to seize on any mistakes.

It's a good tactic to play against weaker opponents.

going to close this thread, we are now going into strikers....

Status
Not open for further replies.