toddzy

Reaction score

Brazilian Media gather to meet new Internacional manager

Today the Brazilian media gathered in Porto Alegre to welcome the new arrival of Leonardo De la Costa at Internacional. The appointment has not come at all as a surprise. The 40-year old is a former player here and fan favourite. Capped 44 times for Brazil he has signed a 2 year deal.

De la Costa’s arrival marks yet another fantastic chapter in Internacionals story this year. With the arrivals of Dagoberto from Sao Paulo and Diego Forlan on a free from Inter Milan, it would appear that they are moving up in the world and very fast. It continues with the exciting arrivals of Jesus Datalo and Mario Bollati – two thrilling Argentine players.

Unveiling of Diego Forlan

The squad in general looks very strong though, which De la Costa was quick to point out. He said;

‘Looking at what I have inherited from Dorival (Junior; the man whom De la Costa has replaced) I am both excited and happy. Going forward we’re looking very strong. I point out we have Leandro (Damiao), Oscar, Diego (Forlan), Dagoberto, Andres (D’Alessandro) and Jesus (Datalo) but to name a few.’

When pressed if he would be looking to buy or sell some players he gave a positive reaction. He stated;

‘Yes. Right now I have 3 players I am looking to sign. I have a few players who will also not be featured in my plans.’

He added;

‘I can talk about two of the 3 I wish to sign. Breno and Adriano. The 3rd​ is currently under contract with another club so it would be unfair of me to discuss.’

Breno is a Brazilian CB who has recently let his contract at Bayern Munich expire. At 21 he has a lot to offer still. He has been quoted in the Brazilian press saying he favours a move back to Brazil as did not enjoy his experience in Germany. Adriano, 30, is a player known too well around both Brazil and Europe. A player who is suffering slightly from injuries and a mindset which would appear he is not focussed on the sport he loves, De la Costa feels this could be his big chance. The former Inter Milan and AS Roma forward has been without a club for a small time since his contract with Corinthians expired.

For more news on Internacional follow us on Twitter @espnnews or ‘like’ or Facebook page. Or of course you can come to our website.

More news to follow on De la Costa’s first game within the coming days.

Internacional rocked to the core by transfer

Captain moves onto pastures new

Internacional fans will today awake to shocking news no doubt that their club captain and talisman has moved clubs. Andres D'Alessandro, 31, has completed a €12.8million (£10million) deal to Spanish side Sevilla. He has penned a 4-year deal worth £28,000 a week reports have suggested.

The move can only come as a shock to many as only days before in his first press conference De la Costa quoted D’Alessandro as one of his key players. Looking at what he’s achieved at the club in 4 years it’s hard to deny him that.

Signing from Argentine side San Lorenzo in 2008, Andres has since made 177 for Internacional, netting 37 goals. He quickly became the leader of the Brazilian side with his commanding performances and at times unmatchable dribbling. His influence and vision was something which can only be envied.

During his 4 years with the club we have to also acknowledge what the club has achieved and what he has led them to. This includes;

1 Copa Sudamericana in 2008
3 Campeonato Gaucho in 2009, 2011 and 2012
1 Copa Libertadores in 2010
1 Recopa Sudamericana in 2011

It was difficult to reach individuals for comments but D’Alessandro recently posted a quick statement on his personal website. It read;

‘I can only look back fondly on my time with Internacional. It is here that I fell in love with football again. It was here I felt most at home. Becoming captain of this great club and leading them to the Copa Libertadores is a great honour for me. I hope the fans understand my decision.’

Leandro De la Costa on the other hand kept it brief. He stated;

‘It’s a massive loss, not one which I wanted. Financially it’s a good deal and we’ll look to reinvest it immediately.’

For more news on Internacional follow us on Twitter @espnnews or ‘like’ or Facebook page. Or of course you can come to our website.

Thoughts on this so far? Looking to get back into posting on Base and hoping to generate some interest in my stories like before. Any feedback on how to improve is openly welcomed.

Great story so far mate, like the layout and the personal viewpoint of individuals

Argentine duo farmed out!

Bolatti confirms departure

Internacional fans were greeted by the news today that Jesus Datalo and Mario Bolatti had both been loaned out. Despite Costa raving about the players in his first conference it would now appear they’re not in his plans.

But whilst many think Datalo and Bolatti have been shunned the reason behind the loans have been explained.

Costa stated;

‘Jesus and Mario are 2 wonderful players however the foreign rule in Brazil has been our downfall.’

Many journalists soon realised that they currently had 3 – Datalo, Forlan and Bolatti. When quizzed further as to why he was loaning these 2 out, he gave a direct response.

‘We have nearly completed the signing of Christian Zapata from Villareal for 2 seasons on loan. This will put us back to 2. We also look to add a 3rd​ foreign player.’

News to who this will be is scarce and only rumours can be suggested at the moment. Reports also tell us Costa still plans to sign Breno despite an impending Jail sentence in Germany for arson. Adriano, is also said to be close to agreeing a £31K a week contract with the club.