Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
I.e buying small, selling large.

Has anyone had any success with this model, in England? I can't seem to do it, I always end up spending too much and selling them off for the same

I.e buying small, selling large.

Has anyone had any success with this model, in England? I can't seem to do it, I always end up spending too much and selling them off for the same

I have for several years with Arsenal. It's quite easy if you put cap on you spending. Say don't spend over 10m on a player unless he will be key member from the start.

For example: Ben Arfa for 12.5m at the start. 5 years in when he is 30 you can still make good profit on him.

Not necessarily England but seem to be doing ok in Scotland with Rangers, have a good scouting network and finding some great players 16 and under. In all my FM history I've never like spending big money on players.

I did precisely this with Liverpool , you need to buy players like Nem, Doria, Willian, Isco, Adryan, Ba, Wallace... EG, Buy players with low release clauses, play or loan them out for a couple of years then sell them for huge profits.... After the first few seasons you should buy regens before theyre given a professional contract for cheap, breed them and then sell them... On my current Newcastle save where I am buying a full young team, I bought wellington nem for £3.5m and give him a release clause of £34m which was activated by Barca after one season. Hope this helped