Stevie99

Reaction score
View attachment 304415
Tony Pulis resigns as Stoke City manager

Tony Pulis has left Stoke City after a total of nine years at the club.
The 54-year-old Welshman took Stoke to the Premier League.
Chairman Peter Coates said: "With all the good work he has done, he has been a loyal and successful servant to the club. In his two spells here he gave it his all and took us to the Premier League. We wish him the best in the future and thank him for his services."
Pulis has spent a total of nine years in charge of the club and took Stoke from a mid table Championship team to the Premier League in his time. Peter Coates called him Stoke City's greatest ever manager and his departure is a major surprise.

Last edited:
images

View attachment 304360
Stoke City have announced the signing of Bayern Munich player Dale Jennings for an undisclosed fee. Jennings played for Bayern Munich II but after an injury failed to break into the first team. Jennings has said that he loved his time in Germany and will miss it but is delighted to be back in England. He also said "To sign for a Premier League club as a professional is a dream. I didn't make it with Liverpool but the past is the past. I'm looking forward to playing for Stoke and being the best I can be for the supporters and the manager." The fee was in the region of 600 thousand pounds. -

images

Welcome to the Transfer Centre keeping you up to date with the biggest transfers of the window
Marouane Fellaini has signed for PSG for £25 million
Kaka has signed for Man City for £18 million
Schalke left back Christian Fuchs has signed for Arsenal for £13.25 million
Barcelona's Adriano has joined Chelsea for £9.5 million
Matthew Upson has left Stoke and joined Scottish Champions Celtic for a fee of around 800 thousand pounds
The now ex-Spurs goalkeeper Gomes has joined Manchester City for an undisclosed fee
​JOIN US NEXT TIME FOR THE TRANSFER CENTRE

images

Breaking News reaching SKY Sports that Wilson Palacios has signed for Aston Villa for a fee of around three and a half million pounds. Our sources tell us that Palacios has signed a five- year deal.

images

Chelsea have signed Ryan Shawcross from Stoke for a fee of £15 million. Shawcross said that he is sad to leave Stoke and hopes to come back but is excited with his future with the European Champions. Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has said that he is looking forward to working with Shawcross and thinks he will put in some star performances.

images

Welcome to the Transfer Centre, not too much since you last saw us but the biggest deals so far are
Stevan Jovetic joining Chelsea for 19 million pounds.
Ryan Shawcross joining Chelsea, the deal happened yesterday but is still a huge deal for the London club.
Stoke are rumored to be finalising the triple signings of Real Madrid defender Raul Albiol if he rejects PSG, Victor Wanyama from Celtic for a knockdown fee of £2.6 million plus Glen Whelan and Brazilian international Wellington Nem for a fee of £3.5 million

images

Stoke City sign Raul Albiol from Real Madrid
Stoke City have announced the signing of defender Raul Albiol from Real Madrid for a fee of around 7 million pounds. Albiol made a total of 92 apperances for Real Madrid in all competitions and is a Spanish international. Manager Stephen Gibbs has released a statement:
"After losing Ryan, to bring in someone like Raul is amazing. I have respect for his ability and I am looking forward to seeing him in a Stoke shirt."

images

Welcome to the Transfer Centre, just 6 days until the start of the season and Stoke City are still in negotiations with Celtic. Stoke are still trying to sign star Victor Wanyama after Glen Whelan's decision to reject a move to Celtic Park cancelled the original deal and Celtic have now upped his price from six million to ten million. Stoke have apparently put in an offer of ten million take it or leave it. Stoke have confirmed the signing of Brazilian youngster Adryan for 875 thousand pounds. Dale Jennings has joined Leicester on loan until the end of the season. Gibbs has said that he loaned him out to reacquaint himself with English football and to give him some experience.

images

Just three days to go until the start of the season and Stoke have announced they will NOT be signing Victor Wanyama. Stephen Gibbs has released a statement saying: "Neil Lennon has played hardball for too long and now I've had enough. Whelan rejected a contract where we could of got Wanyama for 2 million, we had a bid agreed at 6 million, Celtic cancelled. Now they have doubled their price so with the budget I have I will pursue other players who are quality."

You sold Shawcross why exactly???? I love managing Stoke. Done my last 2 seasons stories with them.

You sold Shawcross why exactly???? I love managing Stoke. Done my last 2 seasons stories with them.
Fifteen million up front is hard to refuse. Plus I now have an experienced centre-back in Raul Albiol, Shawcross was excellent for Stoke but 15 million is too good to turn down.

stoke-city-fans.jpg

The Premier League - MATCH ONE
Welcome to the live-commentary of the first game for Stoke City in this season's Premier League. It's Stoke against West Brom here at the Britannia
1 - Corner kick to Stoke
2 - GOAL!!!! RAUL ALBIOL SCORES THE FIRST GOAL OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON AND HIS HEAD HAS SENT STOKE TO TOP OF THE TABLE. 1-0 STOKE
5 - GOAL!!! JONATHAN WALTERS SCORES THE SECOND GOAL OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE SEASON AND STOKE LEAD 2-0 AFTER JUST FIVE MINUTES, WHAT A START UNDER STEPHEN GIBBS
14 - Miss from West Brom
39 - GOAL!!! WELLINGTON NEM SCORES ON HIS DEBUT AND STOKE ARE 3-0 UP AFTER JUST 40 MINUTES. SURELY NO WAY BACK FOR WEST BROM.
HALF TIME STOKE 3-0 WEST BROM
45-80 - Hardly any action to call
85 - INJURY AND SUBSTITUTION - Wellington Nem subbed off for Adryan after being fouled.
89 - GOAL!!!! STOKE 4-0 WEST BROM - Matthew Etherington finishes off West Brom with a stunning goal.
FULL TIME - Stoke City 4-0 West Bromwich Albion
View attachment 304576

Last edited: