Timmzeh

Reaction score
The Pozzo Machine

In July 1986, Giampaulo Pozzo bought his local side Udinese. His reign didn't get off to a good start after a betting scandal and match fixing allegations saw Udinese relegated to Serie B. However Pozzo had a plan that would help take Udinese to the top of Italian football. Pozzo invested heavily in his Scouting Network, picking out the best youth and under the radar players from around the world. Udinese are then able to sign these players for relatively cheap, expose their talent to the best European teams, and sell them on for a huge profit. In The most recent success of his plan was Chilean star Alexis Sanchez, who was signed for 2.5 million, but sold to Barca for almost 30 million euros.

View attachment 285398

'Gimme the money'

Overview

I am aiming to re-create Pozzo's success on an ever larger scale. I aim to have a huge influx of youth talent coming into my team year, who can then be loaned out or even play for my first team. They will then be sold on after they are unveiled to European football's elite. I want to win everything in Europe, but I also want to create a money-making machine. I want to create The Pozzo Machine.

Last edited:
The Pozzo Machine :)

Pozzo also owns clubs like Granada or Watford with the sole purpose of showcasing more players and then sell them! He might take Watford to the premier league this year actually...

Will keep an eye on this!

Please do backup saves now :p Interesting choice, will definitely follow.

View attachment 285359

De Graafschap

De Graafschap were founded in 1954. They have never been to the top of Dutch football, but have always been amongst the Eredivisie and the top of the Jupiler League. Here is a their recent history:

View attachment 285358

After getting relegated, De Graafschap have historically gone straight back up to the Eredivisie, however they have struggled the last 2 season, finishing 8th then 7th, out of the play-off positions. Things may be harder than I first anticipated..

We are predicted to finish 5th this year, with rivals NEC being the big favourites.

View attachment 285327

De Graafschap are currently worth 6 Million Euros, and our finances are okay.

View attachment 285326

Are facilities are average, which needs to improve asap!

View attachment 285325

Squad

One thing to note is that we have a very young squad who have potential to be a lot better than the Jupiler League.

View attachment 285332

Key Players

Caner Cavlan

View attachment 285331

Cavlan will definitely be a key player for us this season, the Turk can play in a variety in positions and is very young.

Dean Koolhof

View attachment 285330

Dean is a young talent and one of our best players already, hopefully we can help him progress will.

Karim Tarfi

View attachment 285329

The tricky Belgian winger has bags of potential.

Ted Van de Pavert

View attachment 285328

The young centre back is one of our best defenders already.

Staff

The first thing I noticed is how poor the staff are at De Graafschap. The coaches and scouts are all awful, as well as my assistant manager.

My Assistant Manager & My Only Scout

View attachment 285334 View attachment 285333

The Manager

Here are my managerial stats.

View attachment 285268

Last edited:
Please do backup saves now :p Interesting choice, will definitely follow.

Haha I will man don't worry! Cheers mate :)

The Pozzo Machine :)

Pozzo also owns clubs like Granada or Watford with the sole purpose of showcasing more players and then sell them! He might take Watford to the premier league this year actually...

Will keep an eye on this!

Yeah I know, I read somewhere he has over 300 scouts! Thanks :)

Interesting story,wil defo follow this !
I think im gonna really like it :)

I will of course follow.

New layout is cracking - nice skin choice too (H)

Good luck...

View attachment 285040

August Transfer Review

Players In

I wanted to bring in a few players on loan, I had a decent budget to spend but I spent a lot of it on staff and securing some of our best players on full-time contracts.

Andreas Periera / Man Utd - Loan

View attachment 285039

He comes in on loan from Utd, hopefully will be a good capture for us pulling the strings from CM.

Samed Yesil / Liverpool - Loan

View attachment 285038

A rotation option for us up top, comes in for the season from Liverpool.

Pierre Lemaire / Angers - Loan

View attachment 285037

Will start at CB for us this year. I am surprised Angers, who are a Ligue 2 team were willing to let him go on loan.

Denis Van Der Wal - WHC - Free

View attachment 285036

We sign him for free as he was on an amateur contract, we only signed him as our other RB, Will was snapped up by Heracles.

Players Out

Jordy van de Krackt / Krasnador - 110k

View attachment 285034

No more than an average keeper who wasn't needed, we did well to get 110K for him.

Nathaniel Will / Heracles - Free

View attachment 285033

He was offered a contract by the Eredivisise team and unsurprisingly chose to go to them over us.

Scouting and Coaching Improvements

Firstly we knew we had to improve our coaching. One of the most important areas of implementing The Pozzo Plan is to have top-class coaching staff. If you have good youth players but poor coaches, how are they going to reach their potential? Although we currently cannot hire as many and as top-class coaches as I would like, this is a good start and a big improvement.

View attachment 285032

We also had to improve out scouting dramatically. When I joined we had one poor scout, and we had 4% world knowledge, we have already improved on that dramatically with the signings of Slyvain Wiltord, Patrik Andersson and Abderrahim Ouakilli.

View attachment 285031

View attachment 285030

Coming next August results, I want to get through this first season fast so after that I will be doing bi-monthly updates.

That's a great update and fantastic job on upgrading your scouting knowledge.

Can't wait to see how Pereira does!

View attachment 284984

Jupiler League Rules

I just thought I would clear up the Jupiler League rules before I start the season as they are quite complicated. Basically this is how it works:

1st place - Promoted to Eredivisie

There are 10 places available in the play-offs, the top 2 teams in the play-offs will play in the Eredivisie the following season. Here is how you qualify for the play-offs:

16th place in Eredivisie - Qualify for play-offs
17th place in Eredivise
- Qualify for play-offs

2nd Place - Qualify for play-offs
3rd Place - Qualify for play-offs
4th Place - Qualify for play-offs
5th Place - Qualify for play-offs

The season is then split into '4 periods'. The 4 periods are games 1-9, games 10-19, games 20-29 and games 30-38. The 4 remaining play-off spots are taken by the teams with the best record in each period. If the team with the best record has already qualified for the play-offs, then it goes to the next best team in that period.

So basically, there are 10 teams in the play-offs, the top 2 join the winner of the Jupiler League in the Eredivisie the following season!

In my opinion the play-offs look pretty tough and I don't really fancy them! Which means although it will be tough, we need to win the league, lets go!

Last edited:
That's a great update and fantastic job on upgrading your scouting knowledge.

Can't wait to see how Pereira does!

Thanks a lot man, yeah i hope he will be good for us!

View attachment 285002

August Results

8/8/14 / De Graafschap v Achilles 29

View attachment 284970

This team were predicted to finish bottom, so for them to come back to 2-2 from 2 goals down is not an ideal start to the season. Hopefully we can improve.

12/8/14 / VVV v De Graafschap

View attachment 284969

A
superb result away from home at one of the leagues best sides. A great way to bounce back! Perieira top class with 2 assists.

15/8/14 / De Graafschap v Almere City

View attachment 284962

Brilliant performance at home, on a day when the board had organised a fan day. A great way to promote the club! Jerry Van Ewijk as well!

22/8/14 / Roda JC v De Graafschap

View attachment 284961

Another tough away game, but we win fairly comfortably! Pereira ran the show from midfield scoring 2 cracking goals, great form following our poor result on the first day of the season!

25/8/14 / Telstar v De Graafschap

View attachment 284960

Kristopher Vida got a hat-trick, leading De graafschap to a good win away from home yet again, meaning we have won 4 out of are first 5!

29/8/14 / De Graafschap v Jong Ajax

View attachment 284959

Jong Ajax featured some good players such as Zivkovic and Nouri, however we manage to win again 3-1. Only negative was Karim Tarfi picking up a torn calf muscle which would keep him out for 3 months.

Player of the Month

View attachment 284957

Our new signing has had a great first month at the club, providing both goals and assists, he currently has the highest average rating in the league! Hopefully he can continue this form for the rest of the season

Jupiler League

View attachment 284993

We are currently top of the league, but there are a few teams right on our tale. The next two games are important, if we win them both it means we already would've qualified for a play-off spot as we would have the best record in the firs 8 games! Which is what our board want us to achieve this season. However I am only aiming for automatic promotion and top spot.

Fixtures

View attachment 284992

Two vital home games to start the next two months. We have drawn Zwolle in the first round of the Dutch Cup, who are currently the holders. A tough game, I would like to see what we can do against Eredivisie competition. Lets push on and establish ourselves at the top of the league! It would be good to avoid the drama of the play-offs.

Last edited:
View attachment 284730

September-October Review

Results

16/9/14 - De Graafschap v FC Eindhoven

View attachment 284707

We continue our good form with another great victory at home to a good side in FC Eindhoven. Van Ewijk getting the winner for us.

20/9/14 - De Graafschap v Helmond Sport

View attachment 284706

Another win for us! At home to Helmond Sport this time, meaning we have won every game since the first game of the season, taking our record to 8W/1D/0L. This win also secured us a play-off spot. That is what the board wanted us to achieve, so I am happy we have achieved it so early in the season.

View attachment 284726

23/9/14 - FC Zwolle v De Graafschap

View attachment 284705

A really tough game away at a good Eredivisie side. Zwolle were lucky to be honest, the stats were very equal. I am happy with out performance though.

26/9/14 - FC Oss v De Graafschap

View attachment 284704

Our first league loss of the year. It looked like we were about to grab a late equaliser, but they caught us on the break, we conceded a penalty and they put the dagger in to us.

3/10/14 - Jong PSV v De Graafschap

View attachment 284703

Back to winning ways, a great result away from home against PSV's reserves.

18/10/14 - Fortuna Sittard v De Graafschap

View attachment 284702

Another tough away game, but we produced the goods and won again, this time at Fortuna Sittard. Hungarian Vida grabbed the winner for us this time.

22/10/14 - De Graafschap v Sparta

View attachment 284701

A poor performance, we draw 0-0 at home to mid-table Sparta. We need to improve and get back to our usual performance level.

25/10/14 - Jong FC Twente v De Graafschap

View attachment 284700

A good win away from home, but Twente's reserves have been struggling and are at the bottom of the table, so I expected us to get a result. We did get our 3rd red card in 6 games though, our discipline is getting concerning.

31/10/14 - FC Emmen v De Graafschap

View attachment 284699

A great win to make it 3 in a row to finish the month. On loan striker Samed Yesil scored the winner for us from the spot late on. A great way to finish the month in a tough game.

Jupiler League

View attachment 284728

We are still top, and we have extended our lead at the top to 5 points. Roda have been playing very well though and it seems they can't stop winning. FC Eindhoven sit 3rd, after we beat them in September, the gap to them is 9 points. Is a 2-horse race starting to open up?

Fixtures

View attachment 284727

Some tough games coming up before our Christmas break. Away at NEC will be one of the hardest games of the year, even though they aren't living up to expectations so far this season. Lets hope the good form continues!

View attachment 284673

November-December Review

Results

7/11/14 / De Graafschap v MVV

View attachment 284612

We start off the month with a solid 2-0 win, Vincent Vermeij grabbed both goals for us. A solid but unspectacular performance from us.

21/11/14 / De Graafschap v Voldenham

View attachment 284613

Wow, what a game. But we came away from it with 0 points. We were the better team for the whole game, we went 1-0 up, conceded a penalty, 2-1 up conceded a penalty, then we conceded another penalty and we were 3-2 down after conceding 3 very soft pens, unreal. We then pushed forward and let in another. Very disappointing, and I let my feelings know about the refs performance after the game.

View attachment 284611
View attachment 284610

26/11/14 / NEC v De Graafschap

View attachment 284614

A really tough game away at NEC. They were the better team and deserved their 2 goal lead. We pulled one back with 10 minutes left, but they went straight down the other end and scored a third killing us off. 2 losses in a row in the league.

29/11/14 / RKC v De Graafschap

View attachment 284615

Back to winning ways against RKC, a great performance after 2 really tough games. Vermeij grabbed a hat-trick in what was another brilliant performance by him.

2/12/14 / FC Den Bosch v De Graafschap

View attachment 284616

Our third game out of four in a row away at struggling FC Den Bosch. Lars Van Roon was sent off in the 12 minute after a professional foul, throwing our game plan out the window. What made matters worse was that they scored the following penalty. We struggled to another loss unsurprisingly.

12/12/14 / Almere City v De Graafschap

View attachment 284617

Our fourth away game in a row, and we produced the goods. Jordan Garcia-Calvette was top class, and we ran away with the game against promotional hopefuls Almere City.

19/12/14 / De Graafschap v VVV

View attachment 284618

A tough game at home to VVV, who are a good side. We were brilliant though, from the moment the match kicked off there was only going to be one winner. Vermeij grabbed another, and Jerry Van Ewijk ended his goal drought by scoring a header which secured the win. A great result and performance to round off a difficult few months.

Player of the Month

View attachment 284619

A superb few months for our young striker who has really been making a name for himself. He has scored 8 goals in 7 games for us over November and December. Almost went to Vlatko Lazic who can't stop getting assists from left back.

Jupiler League

View attachment 284665

At the half way point of the season, we have dropped to 2nd, but we have a game in hand over Roda and will go first if we win. They have had a great run of form along with FC Eindhoven which has really pilled the pressure on us. I'm sure that one of the top 3 teams will win the league, we have pulled out a large gap over 4th place. Hopefully we can improve our form over January and regain our grip on top spot. I think if we pick up the same number of points we did in the first half of the season we will win the league.

Fixtures

View attachment 284664

After our worst form of the season we need a big month. 2 huge games after the winter break, we will face Roda at home and FC Eindhoven away, if we win those 2 games we will be in a very good position.​