The Premier League Thread

Nice to see things are improving at Goodison.

Villa score. Get pelted by missles.

******* mongrels.

This ‘sit in’ protest after the game is hilarious.

If the police and stewards band together they’ll be more of them than Blues! 🤣🤣🤣

About all the antwacky **** is good for!

1643220617994.png

In the actual quote (hidden deep in article) I think he's trying to say that these big tournaments kind of bring countries together, as well as come with a lot of investment in infrastructure. Super misleading headline but that's mordern journalism for you.

Whatever his 'intentions' were, he's an insulting, callous ***** with absolutely NO grasp on reality like most in his position.

Often road to heII is paved with good intentions. I think this is one of them.

Who knows, I remember when we organized Euro with Ukraine there was fearmongering that tournament will be a disaster and it went pretty smoothly. Similarily people thought South Africa or Brazil or Russia can't handle it and provide security for visiting fans and it all went fine.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of 2 year World Cup either, but they also kind of have a point that if we rotate it between continents (as seems to be the case), you'll get one WC every 20 years.

They don't have any point in any realm of actual reality.

But FIFA care about players welfare and the fans right? joke.com.

Thing is you dont really need World Cup in specific country to help that country. FIFA could simply invest more into football infrastructure if they really care about that stuff.
Honestly, it seems like a weak attempt to get more football on TV and earn more money.