The Premier League Thread

Crystal Palace F.C.
@CPFC
Jean-Philippe Mateta has signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with the club ✍️

Delighted to have you permanently, JP! 💥

Manchester United, by simply not throwing money in the air on players who they don't know how to use or are past their best service.

Mauricio Pochettino in the span of 12 months with PSG:

Loses the 2021 League title to Lille
Loses the 2021 Champions League
Loses the Champions Cup to Lille
Gets knocked out of the 2022 Coupe de France to Nice

4 trophies lost of out 6 available.

Mauricio Pochettino in the span of 12 months with PSG:

Loses the 2021 League title to Lille
Loses the 2021 Champions League
Loses the Champions Cup to Lille
Gets knocked out of the 2022 Coupe de France to Nice

4 trophies lost of out 6 available.

I mean anything can happen in one-off finals/ games of football. But that can’t happen in Paris. It just can’t.

Like Munich, you are expected to win everything domestically. That's a given both clubs financial power over the rest of the league.

They hire you for one thing and one thing alone. To win the CL.

He’s even failing at the expected stuff! 🤦‍♂️

I really like him but you can’t escape the fact he’s not a top manager the longer this keeps happening.

Last edited:
1643741112494.png

I mean anything can happen in one-off finals/ games of football. But that can’t happen in Paris. It just can’t.

Like Munich, you are expected to win everything domestically. That's a given both clubs financial power over the rest of the league.

They hire you for one thing and one thing alone. To win the CL.

He’s even failing at the expected stuff! 🤦‍♂️

I really like him but you can’t escape the fact he’s not a top manager the longer this keeps happening.
He's definitely lacking something as a manager which makes you wonder why some Manchester United fans think he would be the best option to take over.

He's definitely lacking something as a manager which makes you wonder why some Manchester United fans think he would be the best option to take over.

He's been the one man I never wanted at Utd. But the more he fails, the more you reassess that.

I mean he'd stabilise the club. And set about a proper rebuild. His philosophy on how a football club should be built is what's needed and fits with Rangnick. But in terms of ever getting back to where Utd ultimately should be, you feel he'd just be a stepping stone to someone who could take them over the top

Poch was at his best when he had someone over him and left him to do the coaching. The moment he got more and more influence at spurs when Mitchell the DOF left was when it all went to *****. He is the same category as Rodgers for me, excellent coaches but need proper direction to get to the next level.

Most of the coaches should not be evaluated when going to PSG. Specially coaches who like to be in for long term. Definetly Poch got some good teaching moments from there. Sure enough next club for him will be more successful. Would gladly take him after Bielsa.