The Premier League Thread

Tonali with a 10 month ban. **** poor due diligence that from the Saudi *****.

Milan have played a blinder. 🤣🤣🤣

Does anyone else get bobby martinez vibes from De Zerbi? Built on the foundations of Moyes and looked better for a while, they got progressively worse when he got more hands-on with the tactics and recruitment. The same thing seems to be happening to Brighton who should be doing a lot better than they are (I know they have Europe) but some of the decisions (The two keepers rotating is absurd) and signings (Pedro is gash) and the style of play have them looking worse by the week. Vastly overrated for me.

Does anyone else get bobby martinez vibes from De Zerbi? Built on the foundations of Moyes and looked better for a while, they got progressively worse when he got more hands-on with the tactics and recruitment. The same thing seems to be happening to Brighton who should be doing a lot better than they are (I know they have Europe) but some of the decisions (The two keepers rotating is absurd) and signings (Pedro is gash) and the style of play have them looking worse by the week. Vastly overrated for me.
No. He’s the next Pep/Fergie/Shankley/Busby 😉

City aside, his Brighton side are the hardest we face. Totally untypical, it's a real, tactical conundrum against them.

He and Thomas frank are the two managers I like the most in the PL. Tactically innovative, progressive, attacking coaches who's teams entertain. All on a budget. And both completely honest when talking about the game you've just watched. No bullshit good or bad. I like Ange a lot for that too but he's shown his tactical naivety thus far.

Properly coached football teams.

Last edited:
City aside, his Brighton side are the hardest we face. Totally untypical, it's a real, tactical conundrum against them.

He and Thomas frank are the two managers I like the most in the PL. Tactically innovative, progressive, attacking coaches who's teams entertain. All on a budget. And both completely honest when talking about the game you've just watched. No bullshit good or bad. I like Ange a lot for that too but he's shown his tactical naivety thus far.

Properly coached football teams.
I feel the opposite Thomas Frank for me lucked into the setup at Brentfod and De Zerbi for me just screams Bobby two shoes time at Everton, where they get progressively worse the more time he has at the club. Brighton for me has an excellent team but they are moving away from what makes them great recruitment-wise and are struggling tactic-wise this season as most teams know how to press them now. Even our game against them the moment we pressed them they fell apart and only got back into the game because for some reason we decided to stop pressing and drop off in the second half. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see if they continue to go backward, or perhaps it's just a blip.

🚨EXCL: Everton set to receive -12 Points deduction by the end of this week due to a breach of financial fair play. Commissioners have decided. Everton will be bottom of the PL with 2 points. #EFC 🔵

From Ornstien

🚨 BREAKING: Everton handed 10-point penalty after independent commission hearing on alleged breach of Premier League profit & sustainability rules. Punishment applies immediately so #EFC drop into relegation zone for now. Expected to appeal @TheAthleticFC

How the **** can City not get punished 😡😡😡

From Henry Winter

Everton will appeal 10-point deduction which leaves them joint bottom of the Premier League. Club shocked and dismayed by commission ruling and will closely monitor outcome of investigations into #CFC and #MCFC. Everton argue that stadium interest charges should still be admissible as expenditure and point out that Russian invasion of Ukraine cost them £200m in naming rights. #EFC

Any other season they’d be down, but sadly this year theres some proper ***** down there that will doubtless keep them up. AGAIN!!!!! 😡

Still, live in hope. Die in despair. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

As for the other humongous cheats down the East Lancs-

One rule for oil clubs. One rule for everyone else.

20231117_194057.png

Any other season they’d be down, but sadly this year theres some proper ***** down there that will doubtless keep them up. AGAIN!!!!! 😡

Still, live in hope. Die in despair. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

As for the other humongous cheats down the East Lancs-

One rule for oil clubs. One rule for everyone else.
Clearly they can't pay £10k an hour to weasel their way out of charges. Yes Everton are poorly run and deserve the 10point deduction but the likes of City, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid and PSG have managed to get away with far more.

Don't worry Scouse your wish will be granted this season regarding Everton . It's just a pity the same can't be said about the noisey neighbours in Manchester. WIthout the oil money they would probably be languishing in the Championship.

Hope you’re right but I can’ see it. Last years promoted sides and Bournemouth will save them.

Din’t even know where to begin with the City disgrace. But so long as they are allowed to cheat, they will. Just is what it is and nobody outside of them is remotely arsed in all the tainted trophies they cook the books to buy.

Fully expecting not one of those 115 plus charges to stick. Lets see where there cheating leaves them come May.

Starting a week today …..