The Premier League Thread

Would love to know how people here are doing in their city/country? All good with family, friends and work?

Stay healthy ?!

Last edited:

I think they've gone WAY too early there personally. Feel for all the clubs in promotion scenarios that have invested with a model to be higher up the pyramid who have now had that taken from them. You can't not finish a season that's already started. No matter HOW long it takes.

Amusing to see all the 'cancel this season' brigade back out in force this AM.

I presume they'll do the same come the winter if we start next season and there's another big CV spike that causes things to be shut down?

Things best start getting better soonish then coz I can’t even see behind closed doors going ahead at this rate. June is a little while away but things are bad and getting worse not better

Things best start getting better soonish then coz I can’t even see behind closed doors going ahead at this rate. June is a little while away but things are bad and getting worse not better
Afraid this might be just the start.
Mostly if that **** head wont take it seriously in USA, that will be giving us more troubles than only virus.

Oh, no question. I don't really know why the PL is holding a meeting on Friday when the only realistic thing they can really do is to say they'll review the ongoing situation in another months time.

My best guess will be they'll be no European season next year (CL/ Europa League), as we don't know when this season will end? (Which is has to regardless. Even if it's completed another 6/8 months down the line for example..). And following on from that when next season will even start?

This is going to totally mess the calendar up for a number of years sadly. (Christ knows how FIFA will realign the summer transfer window which naturally can't happen.). Although on the positive, we now have a chance to align with the mad winter WC if, say, we play the next 2 seasons February through November. Then have the Qatar WC. And get back to normal after that.

They should just play behind closed doors, provided of course that staff, refs and players will get rigorously tested for the virus.

The big clubs will survive couple of months shutdown but its about preserving the entire pyramid.