The Premier League Thread

They should just play behind closed doors, provided of course that staff, refs and players will get rigorously tested for the virus.

The big clubs will survive couple of months shutdown but its about preserving the entire pyramid.
I agree behind closed doors is the beat way to go to get football going. But not sure it’s viable to put more stress on the nhs as even behind closed door matches will still have to have Doctors, Ambulance drivers etc there. And for me that just doesn’t sit right. The NHS is wafer thin as it is!

I agree behind closed doors is the beat way to go to get football going. But not sure it’s viable to put more stress on the nhs as even behind closed door matches will still have to have Doctors, Ambulance drivers etc there. And for me that just doesn’t sit right. The NHS is wafer thin as it is!

Sure, but If clubs start going out of business and employees start jumping off brigdes because they have no money, it's going to put even bigger stress on the healthcare. I don't want games back for my entertainment, I want them back beause football is not exactly a small industry. We have 4000 clubs here, UK probably has twice that. That's a lot of jobs that can be saved relatively easily by finishing the season in some isolated capacity to get that TV money and then using it to help the rest of the pyramid.

Would be good but I just can’t see it happening so early. Prey it does! Not just to have football back but it would mean things are on the mend and the key workers would eventually be getting some pressure eased off them. Not confident though atm.
They tried closed-door during the PSG CL game and idiots still turned up outside the stadium. Let's be honest the way its looking football aint returning for a loooooooooong time and should be the least of our concerns.

Absolute ******-

That narcissistic ***** will never grow up.
He really needs to have it drummed into him (preferably with a plank of wood) the old adage 'When footballers (or any sports/music/movie star) speaks people listen, when footballer etc act people follow. Some people (and not just young people) will view his actions a follow suit, even despite his apology and fine.

They tried closed-door during the PSG CL game and idiots still turned up outside the stadium. Let's be honest the way its looking football aint returning for a loooooooooong time and should be the least of our concerns.

Yup. I ain't an expert but I don't see normal life resuming until mid/late summer at the earliest.

Yup. I ain't an expert but I don't see normal life resuming until mid/late summer at the earliest.
The messed up part is how long it takes for a vaccine to be pushed out. I have a feeling at some point it won't matter because economic costs for months of a complete global shutdown will outweigh the cost of lives lost. people and businesses are already feeling the costs how can it continue for any longer. Don't see this lockdown lasting past the summer even if stupid idiots don't adhere to the lockdown.

The messed up part is how long it takes for a vaccine to be pushed out. I have a feeling at some point it won't matter because economic costs for months of a complete global shutdown will outweigh the cost of lives lost. people and businesses are already feeling the costs how can it continue for any longer. Don't see this lockdown lasting past the summer even if stupid idiots don't adhere to the lockdown.
Vaccines have always taken a long time to come out, it's so that they can be tested to ensure they are fit for purpose and side effects are minimised. The same is true of any drug. You wouldn't want to see even more people dying just because a vaccine/drugs were pushed out on to the general public without adequate testing and kknowledge of the possible side effects we had that with the thalidomide scandal of the 1950's and early '60's when a drug for morning sickness was pushed out too quickily resulting in horrific abnormalities in new born children. Lockdown, isolating and testing is the only way to get this crisis undercontrol at the moment, and anyone who doesn't adhere deserves everything they get.