The Premier League Thread

Crazy money
1625813481493.png

FINALLY, Messi gets his moment with the National team and does what fellow all-time World greats Maradona and Pelé never did. Along with all-time Argentinian and Brazil greats like Kempes/ Passarella and Sócrates/ Zico respectively who never won South America's marquee International competition.

The single hardest International tournament in World football for me to win. The WC included. Such is the intense rivalry/ superb technical level each and every Copa.

Not the best final in living memory. If settled by a belter winner. And I'm sorry for Alisson, Bobby and Fabulous. But I'm equally absolutely made up for Messi to get this monkey off his back and end Argentina's LONG wait for a trophy by captaining them to victory.

Worth stopping up for to witness that.

FINALLY, Messi gets his moment with the National team and does what fellow all-time World greats Maradona and Pelé never did. Along with all-time Argentinian and Brazil greats like Kempes/ Passarella and Sócrates/ Zico respectively who never won South America's marquee International competition.

The single hardest International tournament in World football for me to win. The WC included. Such is the intense rivalry/ superb technical level each and every Copa.

Not the best final in living memory. If settled by a belter winner. And I'm sorry for Alisson, Bobby and Fabulous. But I'm equally absolutely made up for Messi to get this monkey off his back and end Argentina's LONG wait for a trophy by captaining them to victory.

Worth stopping up for to witness that.
I have to slightly disagree with you there on hardest international tournament. Watching the Copa this year especially shows how much the South American teams have actually fallen. Outside of Brazil, Argentina, and Columbia to an extent, the rest of the team are **** poor. Well compared to Europe that is. Still, though South American teams will struggle in the world cup coming up for sure.

I have to slightly disagree with you there on hardest international tournament. Watching the Copa this year especially shows how much the South American teams have actually fallen. Outside of Brazil, Argentina, and Columbia to an extent, the rest of the team are **** poor. Well compared to Europe that is. Still, though South American teams will struggle in the world cup coming up for sure.

Interesting. I’ve thought the quality has been far higher than the Euro’s personally across the board mate. Not as exciting. But that's been more down to some horrific defending/ bad coaching at the Euros.

Football aye? Brilliant how we all see things differently.

Last edited:
Leicester setting themselves up well for the challenge for 3rd/4th against Chelsea and United.

Until you remember they're managed by Brendan who's teams have the backbone of a soggy digestive biscuit. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Just reading some mad piece about how L’pool should be in for Ollie Watkins …..

I’m real interested to a lot of players in the top flight with full crowds again. Completely different ballgame.

I suspect the likes of him, Bamford, Calvert-Lewin etc have been taking advantage of the pandemic and playing with freedom to try things they normally wouldn’t with a baying crowd on their back. But we’ll see. It’ll be interesting to watch.

There’s a good few players you can see disappearing back into their shells again now ‘proper’ football is back who flourished through the jarg mess of last year.