mattioso

If carlsberg did forums..
Reaction score
Another typical day in Buenos Aires. 3PM, me, Diego and Ariel stood outside my house playing in the car park with whatever other kids we could find. We would all pretend to be different footballers whilest we were playing. Maxi Rodríguez passed to Di Maria who crossed it into me. Instead of running to connect with my head I leapt and rotated for the overhead kick. BANG! Back of the net! I ran off screaming “Aguero!!”
View attachment 72337

Sergio had always been my favourite player, and Arsenal my favourite club. I never understood why he was always known just as Sergio Aguero, everyone in Argentina knows him as Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero del Castillo, his real name. I love the class, speed and skill he constantly plays with and he always seems to know what to do. As for arsenal, I remember hearing them play and seeing a man called Henry run and dart past everyone on the team. Also a couple of other caught my eye. Bergercamp, Robert Pires and Van Pursie also caught my eye. I assume that is the correct spelling, I only caught the commentary on the radio.
View attachment 72334

It has always been my dream to play professional football. I want to be like Messi or Mascherano. Charging around the pitch scoring goals and making flying and precise tackles. I heard footballers get paid a lot, money has never bothered me. I want to be able to play the game I love and hear the fans scream my name. I would gladly swap 90% of all my wages to be able to play the game injury and complecation free.

View attachment 72335

I don’t think I have properly intruduced yet, here is more about me:
[FONT=&quot]Name: Santiago Rafael Estevez
[FONT=&quot]Birthplace:Buenos Aires, Argentina[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Favourite personnel: Aguero, Henry, Messi
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Favourite club:Arsenal, Athletico Madrid
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Disliked club:Real Madrid[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Strong attributes:Finishing, Pace, Stamina, First Touch[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Position: Striker[/FONT]

[/FONT]
View attachment 72336

Update in a few hours. Revision :/
Comment on my op?

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Anyone except dean feel like giving feedback?
Seriously, please just comment, it will motivate me!

so what is this story about i havent quite grasped that yet are you playing the game as a player or manager are you starting in argentina or with arsenal and if your just 1 player how do you make that work

so what is this story about i havent quite grasped that yet are you playing the game as a player or manager are you starting in argentina or with arsenal and if your just 1 player how do you make that work

You'll find out in the next update.

Thanks for the comments guys! Hopefully I can stick to this!

One day though was not like every other day. A man in a big black car came riding around our neighbourhood looking out of the window. It had been raining so we weren’t playing football, we were in my house listening to the radio to hear if there were any new releases. I saw Diego talking to him through the window. We had never seen a car like this before. The badge on the front had 4 rings all crossing over each other. My mother told me she had overheard it was an “aldi” or something along those lines. It was at that time Diego sprinted away from the car as if he was being chased. He ran into my house and almost knocked down my bedroom door.
View attachment 72447

Diego told me, Ariel and a few others that the man was apparently a scout from a big Argentine football club who was searching around Buenos Aires for some young talent to recruit to the under 18’s. All that was running through my mind was a few days ago how I was pretending to be Aguero recieving passes from Di Maria. Could this be the end of the dream, and the beginning of the reality? All I could do was hope. Hope that this wouldn’t just fill me with false hope and faith to tear me down. This could well be my big break.

“He wants to see all of us play football” screamed Diego into my ear. The day suddenly went from being a dull, gloomy Saturday lunchtime to a chance of a lifetime. It’s an indescribable feeling. It had gone from showboating and team playing to a solo performance to get out of this slum and into a professional team. I have been dreaming about this moment for years. I couldn’t comprehend that me and my friends could soon be at a professional football team! As we were walking out on the pitch Diego told me he said he was from the team Independiente rivadavia who are a big second division side. I felt electric.
View attachment 72448

Good start, stick with this one! :p

Good Luck Matthew (H) Maybe van Pursie will show you how it's done ;)