AdamG23

Reaction score
Gutteridge in for O'Neill

View attachment 293442

Sunderland AFC have today announced that rookie manager Adam Gutteridge will take over as manager of the club after Martin O'Neill is said to have stepped down due to personal reasons although these have been undisclosed to the media.

After a good first season as manager, O'Neill had Sunderland coming into the 2012/13 season full of optimism after the signings of winger Adam Johnson and Forward Steven Fletcher, it is now up to Gutteridge to build on this, bring his own players in and get a good start to the season

''It is an absolute honour to be standing here today as a Premier League Manager. Not in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that this would be happening so soon. I want to thank the board for putting their faith in me, and hope to repay them as well as excite the fans with an exciting style of football. I will be sitting down with my staff over the next few days to discuss where we can improve the squad before the start of preseason''

Have been playing a United save since the game came out, but felt as though it was time to do my first ever story, and chose Sunderland as I couldnt see any! Hope you all enjoy and follow!

Pre-Season and August

View attachment 293559

Very Mixed Start to the Season
Frustrating Transfer Window until a couple of good signings on Deadline Day

Transfers

View attachment 293567

So in the end, I managed to sign Nicolas Gaitan on deadline day for what I think, is a bargain at £8million. Before that I had managed to sign a left back which I really needed plus the wonderkid that is Wellington Nerri, also adding a bit more brazilian flair with the loan signing of Anderson. Out went Frazier Campbell as well as a few loans. My squad is quite small and with such a small transfer budget, I wasnt able to do the big clearout without having a severe lack of players.

In transfer news outside of Sunderland, Leighton Baines moved to United, Kaka to City, Siqueira to Arsenal, Ben Arfa to Chelsea and Agbonlahor to Tottenham

Results

League

Sunderland 4-4 Newcastle United

Anderson, Wellington Nerri, Johnson, Fletcher

View attachment 293570

Fulham 3-0 Sunderland

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Sunderland 2-0 Charlton Ath

Fletcher, O'Shea

Review

What a way to the start season, a scincillating game against Newcastle in the derby, a game in which four players scored on their debuts. A bit disapointed with the result against Fulham, we really struggled to get any shots on target, and had to rest a few players against Charlton, but the main thing is that we got through and will play Barnsley in the next round.

Player of the Month

Steven Fletcher

2 goals in 3 games means he gets the first player of the month.

Table

View attachment 293575

September and October

View attachment 293640

Dreadful
That is all!

Results

League

Sunderland 1-2 Reading

Federici o.g

West Ham 2-2 Sunderland

Johnson, Fletcher

QPR 4-2 Sunderland

Fletcher, O'Shea

Sunderland 1-2 Aston Villa

Sessegnon

Sunderland 2-1 Everton

Johnson, Gaitan

Manchester Utd 3-1 Sunderland

Johnson

Capital One Cup

Barnsley 2-1 Sunderland

Wickham

Review

How I am still in a job is beyond me. The players simply havent been performing. The team are creating a lot of chances, but our scoring ratio to chances is a bit like Liverpool's, dreadful. Everton result was promising and we did well for long periods against United, but that was about it.

Player of the Month

Adam Johnson

Best of a poor bunch!

November

View attachment 293642

A much better month
Players starting to settle

Newcastle and Villa sack their managers

Results

League

Southampton 2-3 Sunderland

Vaughan, Johnson, Fletcher

Wigan Ath 1-3 Sunderland

Gaitan, Wellington Nerri, Wickham

Sunderland 1-1 Stoke

Wickham

Sunderland 3-1 Swansea

Johnson, Fletcher, Anderson

Norwich City 4-2 Sunderland

Fletcher, Anderson

Review

A good month all in all, had a slight save error which meant I had to replay the last two games in the month. But cannot complain about 3 wins and a draw from the first four games, I am disapointed with the Norwich game though, Andrew Surman seemed to give us the complete runaround.

Player of the Month

Anderson

Stepped up with goals and assists this month

Table

View attachment 293780

Last edited:
December

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...-manager-stories/293642-pride-north-index.jpg

Dreaded vote of confidence

Mixed Results against the big teams

Results

League

West Brom 1-1 Sunderland

Johnson

Sunderland 2-1 Chelsea

Anderson, Johnson

Liverpool 5-4 Sunderland

Anderson (2), Fletcher (2)

Sunderland 1-0 Tottenham

Johnson

Sunderland 0-5 Manchester City

Arsenal 2-2 Sunderland

Fletcher (2)

Newcastle Utd 2-2 Sunderland

Johnson, Wellington Nerri

Review

So from large highs, a comeback win against Chelsea, was still 1-0 down the 10 minutes to go, good games like the Spurs and Arsenal game, to definite lows the thrashing by Man City. I went into the derby match at the end of December knowing that a loss would have seen me sacked, luckily for me Wellington Nerri saved us and my job.

Player of the Month

Adam Johnson

Stepped up with huge goals and assists this month

Cattermole, Meyler and McClean all leave the club, with Rosicky (replacing Anderson who had a season ending injury in the Newcastle game) and Cristian Tello coming in on loan

In transfer news outside of Sunderland, Marouane Fellaini moves to City and Banega moves to PSG alongside Lucas Moura.

Results

League

Reading 1-2 Sunderland
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...sunderland-v-newcastle_-overview-overview.png
Cuellar, Bramble

Sunderland 4-0 Fulham

Wickham (2), Johnson, Wellington Nerri

Sunderland 3-2 West Ham

Wellington Nerri, Johnson, Fletcher

Sunderland 5-3 QPR

Wickham (2), Sessegnon (2), Fletcher

Aston Villa 0-2 Sunderland

Johnson, Wellington Nerri

FA Cup

Sunderland 5-0 Rochdale

Fletcher(3), Saha, Brown

Bolton 2-0 Sunderland

Review

Disapointed to exit the FA Cup so soon, especially to a Championship team but it has meant I can concentrate on the league and an unbeaten month definitely proves this correct. Changed formation to 4-4-2, playing both Wickham and Fletcher together and the change in results has been staggering.

Player of the Month

Connor Wickham

Given a chance in the first team, and well and truly has taken the opportunity

Table

View attachment 295055

It's Wellington Nem btw lol, But good luck man. Also I thought James McClean becomes good on this game?

It's Wellington Nem btw lol, But good luck man. Also I thought James McClean becomes good on this game?

Ooops my bad! lol

He probably does, but he had a bad injury early on, and hasnt been able to get into my team and then he asked to leave so!

What formation/tactic you using mate, my Sunderland save just went from bad to worse so spat my dummy out and started again!

And what role did you give Wickham, never really gave him a chance in my save!!