The problems with FM graphics

gilcas

Reaction score
As you guys can see Fm graphics keeps getting worse and worse, and i dont know why!? Many games in 2022 has fantastic graphics and i dont get why Football manager can’t? Even manager games has good graphics, I.e F1 manager, which many FM youtubers have played, how is it possible that SI has made 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 it WORSE? Now i know the graphics is not very important for this type of game but is the next step of Newgen faces to just be a dark silhouette?

Last edited:
There are a few possible reasons why Football Manager graphics have been getting worse over the years:

• Budget: Sports Interactive is a relatively small studio, and they may not have the budget to invest in cutting-edge graphics.
  • Focus: Sports Interactive is primarily focused on the gameplay of Football Manager, and they may not be able to allocate as many resources to graphics as other studios.
  • Compatibility: Football Manager needs to be compatible with a wide range of computers, including older and less powerful machines. This may limit the graphical capabilities of the game.
  • Engine: Football Manager uses a custom game engine that has been in development for many years. This engine may be outdated and may not be able to produce the same level of graphics as newer engines.
It is also worth noting that Football Manager is a very complex game, and it is difficult to simulate a real football match in real time with realistic graphics. This is why most sports games use simplified match engines.

I agree that the graphics in Football Manager are not very good, and I hope that Sports Interactive can invest in improving them in the future. However, I also understand that there are challenges to doing so.

As for your question about NewGen faces, it is possible that SI is simply not prioritizing them. NewGen faces are not essential to the gameplay of Football Manager, so SI may be focusing on other areas of the game.

Overall, I think it is unlikely that we will see a major improvement in Football Manager graphics in the near future. However, I hope that SI can make some progress in this area in the coming years.