iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
This will be my last story for FM16. Lets see how it goes

The Profit-ess

My aim in this save, is not only to manage a football club, but also to run a business. I will be looking to make the most profit I can, penny pinching wherever possible, while still staying competitive and making my way up through the leagues. I decided to do this with Exeter. The league 2 team currently has no debts, which will make my job a little easier.

Meet Aiko Stark

View attachment 130797

This is the manager that I will be taking on the challenge with. Her job will be to take Exeter to the very best, while making plenty of money for the clubs owners.

Financial Report

View attachment 130796

Our initial finances on day one. 376k in the bank. My aim for the end of this season is not to be in a negative balance. Once I have time to clear off some of the high earning players, I will hopefully be able to start making a profit next season. We are currently spending £28,027 per week on wages, something which I also hope to reduce by the end of the season.

I'm tight as **** on FM so will be following this!

I never give a player or staff as much as they want, no matter how good they are!

Meet the team

View attachment 130790

I feel that the team is fairly solid, with good cover all over the pitch. The only slight concern is the centre back position, so I may need to go out into the market and get another centre back. Also, as I play 2 strikers, I will be looking to get another one for squad depth. Several of the older players will also be leaving at the end of the season, which should free up a large amount of wages.

Cost Cutting Starts Already

Clinton Morrison - £4k - £550 p/w (out)

View attachment 130789

The cost cutting has already begun, with ex-Birmingham striker Clinton Morrison leaving the club for a fee of 4k. The 36 year old Irish striker was never going to get a chance at the club so I moved him on to earn what little we could before he retired.

Alex Nimley - Free - £375 p/w (in)

View attachment 130788

Morrison was replaced straight away, with the signing of 24 year old Alex Nimely. The Manchester City youth player has potential to be a good player, but he just needs to show it. He is already valued at £205k, so im hoping this will rise as he improves and we go up the leagues.