vKompany

Reaction score
Hi, I have just started Season Two and I am Manchester City. My aim is to make them into a profitable football club as I support them and say the owners left the club on FM11, we would be in some bad finance and I would hate to watch the team I support fall like a rocket to the concrete floor and explode.

I understand the owners would not leave within about 50 years of the game, but what if they did, it is unknown, especially if we can't get success.

Factfile with Manchester City:

• I took over as Manchester City manager in January 2011 as I skipped half the season. Mancini left Man City 7th and they could of been heading downwards with or without the current billionaire squad.

• I made a couple of signings and selling's as you can see by the screen shot. I do admit I went mad when signing Gareth Bale but he was irresistible.
    Believe it or not the wages of players brought in at the highest was £60k (Bale)

View attachment 115851
(The players highlighted around were my buys and sells)

• By the end of my first season with Manchester City I had finished 10th, and we struggled to win games, conceding late goals in the process.

View attachment 115856

• New signings were made by myself in order to improve the squad, as well as sells.

View attachment 115852

This is my current line-up at the moment:

View attachment 115855

- If anyone wants to suggest anything then obviously do (H)

I am trying to become a profitable team so if you have any ideas of players on cheap wages or to make their wages cheap or anything like that then drop a reply. You can discuss or ask questions too.

Thanks for reading.

MORE INFORMATION:

View attachment 115853

- TEAM:

View attachment 115854

Last edited:
Well you sold some really good players in Silva, Toure and Balotelli...they look worse off than they were, some of the players you bought just aint city standard.

How bad were they doing when you took over?

Well you sold some really good players in Silva, Toure and Balotelli...they look worse off than they were, some of the players you bought just aint city standard.

How bad were they doing when you took over?

Read ^^ I have already stated. :p I sold alot of them because as I said, I want to make a profitable team and with their wages being £100k + they weren't good enough, and some of the players, if not all can play at the standard of Man City as they are developing too. Silva was somehow a popular decision to sell, Both Toure's were very lazy despite their Work Rate and Balotelli became good under me, but his attitude and his wage got in the way so I sold him.

Soz i missed that bit :p but you bought dead wood in players like dunne, you could have got a few great players from other leagues on the same wage as him. They may have cost slightly more though but they would have been younger so they would have paid it off.

Soz i missed that bit :p but you bought dead wood in players like dunne, you could have got a few great players from other leagues on the same wage as him. They may have cost slightly more though but they would have been younger so they would have paid it off.

No, you think Dunne is dead wood, but he's a Manchester City fan, and that's the reason I got him back. Same with Ireland, he isn't a fan of any club but has loyalty to the club. By being a fan and being able to play at the standard needed they perform for the club not their wages. He is only on £40k a week. I don't think I've brought any dead wood in, I just think I am improving the squad in the correct way, if you want to play for us raise your hands and we'll sign you, if not, don't bother asking. Simple as :)

It's a miracle! Manchester City have made a profit in the first month of the new season (Aug-Sept).

View attachment 115857

Lets hope more profit comes in within the future. However I think this may of happened because the owner has just injected £46m in to the club, either way it may look upwards very soon rather than later.

£22.3m - £46m = (-)£23.7m

Are you trying to turn a profit as if you didn't have the sugar daddy owner, or with his cash injections?

£22.3m - £46m = (-)£23.7m

Are you trying to turn a profit as if you didn't have the sugar daddy owner, or with his cash injections?

I am trying to turn it over without the sugar daddy owner, nor did I ask for a cash injection.
I was given an extra £46m with cash injection unfortunatly, but I made a profit atleast, in some signs haha. But yeah, I made a profit, but it wasn't the way I wanted to make it. :p

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Thisguide I made might help you.

I've already read it. It won't help me with Man City, there is other things to it, that's more for a small team.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Any other help or questions?

Also try and get the board to invest in youth facilities so you don't have to spend as much on new players. Get a feeder club for financial gain(in like China or the USA) and to expand or build a new stadium to increase gate reciepts etc.

Also try and get the board to invest in youth facilities so you don't have to spend as much on new players. Get a feeder club for financial gain(in like China or the USA) and to expand or build a new stadium to increase gate reciepts etc.

Ok. I will ask.

Terminate SWP and sell Boateng off at or even under his market price - unless you've slashed their wages, you're losing over 160k/week on **** players - do the maths and you'll see that you're losing 640k/month. That means you're bleeding over 7.6m per annum on nothing at all.
Now, if he hasn't started already, Shaun Wright-Phillip's performance in training will start sliding and no amount of warnings or transfer warnings will see his performance improve. And at 80k/week, that's just unacceptable. As I see, you've already listed him. Don't bother - nobody wants him. Not at the salary he'll be demanding. Your only bet is to either peddle him for next to nothing (which still may not work) or to simply offer him a mutual termination.
Boateng just doesn't have the right attributes to make it as a defensive anything. Ever. He'll never improve enough to justify his salary. Take him aside and tell him that you're transfer listing him as he's surplus requirements. He'd better understand. Especially with a 6.30 average rating.
Other than that, I think you're on the right track.
Try signing Srna in season 2 - he's not likely to renew his contract at Shaktar in season 2 and will probably look for wages of about 60k/ week - a fair price for what he brings to the club and will keep on bringing for at least 3 seasons.
Also, you should look to bring in talented youngsters like Yanga Mbiwa. He costs a pretty penny at around 15m, but will play his heart out for you at just 30k/week. Also, he covers all positions in the back line.

what you can do is download my shortlist in my sig and you will find some great young players that are and will be better than Ireland and Dunne etc with wages of like 2k and 15k etc ;)

its sort of pointless is it not? City will always provide cash injections whenever they need to, hence, you will not really get a true reflection of what you are trying to accomplish...

the best way to do this is to build up a HUGE transfer kitty and place as much of it as you can into your wage budget, this extra money makes you interest if not being used, in Fm10 with Leverkusen, I had over 250k extra wages... ;)

Trying this on my Man City save
Currently starting 3rd season, bought wilshere for 24m but thats the extent of this seasons spending
Off the back of two straight Europa League wins and the Prem in 2011/12, with a decent champions league runt his year I should be close to breaking even at the end of the season thanks to increased capacity at Eastlands (60k), commercial links and interest from unused transfer funds.

Once the Toures and a few other overpaid squad players are OOC at the end of 2013/14 season and all the rubbish in the reserves have vanished I should be in a fairly solid financial position