SharkAt

Reaction score
Hello. I started a game with PSG , and so far , have been trying to get to a working tactic, and its been an absolute nightmare. I think its the first time i had a problem with tactics... it just seems that nothing will work.

I am in 1st season with PSG , and i have made 2 transfers, Mario Gotze and Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

I have played for 7 games and i have 2 points , its more then a nightmare. I even lost the friendly games before the ligue start.

Any tactic sugestions would be greate... tweaking my tactic i guess its pointless.
The main problem is not that i am not wining , is that i am not PLAYING GOOD at all.

Thanks for your help.

I would play:

--------Treq (Zlatan)-----Poacher (Grameiro)---------
----------------Attack mid (Pastore)--------------
------BWM---------DLP (defend)----BWM-----
---Lb-------cb--------------cb--------------rb----
----------------------gk----------------------

play short, high freedom, high pressing, zonal marking/control and fluid, play narrow and high defensive line :)

use shouts:

get ball forward/pass into space/work ball into box/attack through middle

This probably means very little, but in my save they're playing a narrow 4321 and tearing that league apart

I am playing this game for such a long time , but i have never felt so ... useless.
I try to use the tactic Raikan007 sugest , the game improved a bit , still no results , i had 1 win in 9 games.
However i managed to play better , at least , i get posesion , i make chances. ( i lost to barcelona 2-1 , i had 61% posesion... i got 2 goals in 2minutes / same thing with dormund game finished 2-2 , and i got 2 goals in 5minutes or so)
Waiting to get sacked :)
In so many years and yet i have never failed like this with a big team.

@SharkAt: I Heard better excuses...just kidding!!! I going through the same.

The most annoying is that you'll be playing against the same team every single match : they play short, long, to feet into space. Doesn't matter who the Opposition is, they'll do it all... I faced Stoke (pre-season) and draw 2-2! OMFG!!! They passed me to death...

Any idea on what tactic should be used? I have tried 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-2-1, and 4-3-1-2. No success yet with any.

Every oppo team at every level play like Spain

I've played football manager since the year dot. This is the most impossible release ever. Played 3 games as Leeds, each time giving up after seven-ish games when bottom of the league, I've won one game out of 22. Every team plays short sharp passing football at incredible pace and I can't get near them: Bradford, Peterborough, Walsall, Chesterfield, Hull, Watford - all make the Spanish national side look one dimensional with incredible short passing and movement - they cut through my lot like a knife through butter.

I've tried 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2. 4-2-3-1. diamond - you name it - every system gets destroyed by the amazing tica-tica played by these incredible opposition teams. Completely stuck now and wondering what to do next.

Complete insanity.

almost in the same situations with Milan ... but not that bad..still in the 2nd season opening game against piacenza 0-4 for them...come on. so i've tried this tactic 4-1-2-1-2 – FM Crowd

it really helps ...

another tactic that i use against smaller team which really turtle is this one 4-2-3-1 Dominating Tactic :)

let me know if it helps in any way.

EDIT: also feel free to play with the roles for example in my save Abate is an offensive player with good crossing and pace so i play him a FB with an attacking duty.

Last edited: