TheNardDog

Reaction score
View attachment 393674

Given the FFP rules coming into effect in Europe, the chairmen of the teams in the Qatari Super League have come together and pledged to make their own league the best in the world, they are going to do this by spending their vast resources poaching Europe's top stars and stars from all over the world.

The top division leaders have been offended by the backlash on social media about Qatars successful world cup bid, with people around the world ridiculing the standard of football in Qatar and its infrastructure and therefore this league will be the breeding ground of their own generation of elite footballing stars.

Given the boost in finances and the competition money each club can expect for a good position it is surely only a matter of time until Europe's top football stars, be they managers or players jump ship, stay tuned as the story is unveiled here on Al Jazeera!

View attachment 393670

The First Manager To Jump Ship!

Legendary manager and world cup winner Marcello Lippi is the first manager to quit his job and take over in the Qatari Super League, he has opted to leave Guangzhou and join Al-Sadd. Lippi has told reporters that he firmly believes given the financial backing he has been promised he can achieve great success, and that he will be able to attract any player in the world he wants to work with.

View attachment 393667

If you did not think that Lippi's press conference was dramatic enough then wait until you see some of the signings he has promised to bring into the club!

Last edited:
just a note guys this is my first couple of postings on fm base after being a long term lurker, so any tips/feedback/constructive criticism pelase let me know :)

View attachment 558323 - View attachment 393662

Qatar Stars League side Al-Sadd have shocked the world, new boss Marcelo Lippi claimed that with the financial backing he has received he would shock the world and he has most certainly done that. A 59 million pound deal that with add ons could reach as high as 70 million pound was enough to lure one of Europe's top marksmen away from liverpool, as Suarez will now be bringing his talent to Qatar. This signing was followed by a 23 million pound bid for goalkeeper Marc-Andre Ter Stegen being accepted by Gladbach and the german keeper has expressed his delight to be linking with up Lippi and Suarez and claimed that this was the first step in Al-Sadd taking over the world!

The idea looks great....will you be a manager taking control of Al-Sadd or will you be a spectator reporting the events of the whole league?

This Just in on Al Jazeera

View attachment 393660

Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad owner of Al-Ahli sports group has become the latest chairman in Qatar to spend huge in bringing world stars into the club, he has started this with the appointment of arguably the biggest manager in the world, who is about to join us live and announce his first signings...

View attachment 393659

Pep Guardiola is about to begin his first press conference as Al-Ahli Manager

Pep "
Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the press, i sit here before you as the manager of Al-Ahli, a club that will go on to become the biggest club in the world."

Hamad "
Does anyone have any questions for our new manager?"

Richard Keys "
Pep obviously you left Bayern within an incredibly short time, does this not show an unbelievable level of disrespect to that club and how can this club trust you?"

Pep "​I spoke to the Bayern board and offered my apologies, but Al-Ahli are a great club with great potential. Bayern will do fine without me whereas here i can make a real difference."

Richard Keys "Okay well then do you seriously believe that you can make a difference here?"

Pep let out a short laugh "Oh Richard, i was waiting for that question. Rather than tell you about the difference i can make i am instead going to show you. Meet

Pep beckoned to the door where 3 figures were standing in the shadow...

View attachment 558331View attachment 558334View attachment 393661

thank you for the feedback, i am just going to spectate and report as it happens, quick question do you know how i centre images? I have never actually used this forum before and it is really bugging me that i cant centre them!

Last edited:
We are back at Pep Guardiola's first press conference as manager of Al-Ahli sports club, Richard Keys is there representing Al Jazeera. Since the announcement from the new boss that Edin Dzeko, Jese and Hatem Ben Arfa will be joining the club there has been a stunned audience staring on as Pep has a big grin on his face.

Pep "
Clearly a lot of you doubted our ambition as a club before you came here today, and if you think this an end to our spending and our only signings so far this summer then you are gravely mistaken. Come out to the training ground after this conference and you will be able to see the other players that have joined us in the last few days."

With that Pep, got up and left the room to its continued stunned silence, who exactly were the other players that pep was referring to and what exactly does this mean for the future of the league...

Richard Keys is now live at the training ground to try and spot exactly who these new players Pep Guardiola was referring to in his conference...

View attachment 393653

Richard "
We now come live from the new training complex and we have already spotted one of the new signings, we are struggling to get a good shot so we shall use the stock photo of this German international..."

View attachment 393650

Richard continues"Sami Khedira has obviously joined the club, we can also spot him talking to Camilo Zuniga, clearly these signings are evidence that even with the signing of Suarez the top spot in the Qatar League does not necessarily go to Al-Sadd just yet."

This morning Al-Sadd manager Marcello Lippi issued a press release that went as follows...

Did you think we would stop at 2?
View attachment 393645

As we all knew this league was going to have a serious influx of talent and that if we wanted to sign some good players we were going to have to move fast and spend hard. So i am delighted to announce our latest additions to the roster:-

View attachment 558393 - Strong photogenic centre half Phil Jones

View attachment 393630 - Spanish International Defender Marc Bartra

View attachment 393628 - Strong Athletico full back Felipe

View attachment 393644 - Powerful Brazillian centre back Doria

View attachment 558369- Pacey Ivory Coast forward Seydou Doumbia

View attachment 393642- Tricky Winger Jefferson Farfan

View attachment 393639- Strong Centre Half Nicolas Nkoulou

View attachment 393637 - And finally winger Eugene Konoplyanka

Clearly these signings show just how serious we are about our promise to the fans to become the biggest club in the world and you can expect to see many more signings in the future!

Last edited:
Iikay Gundogan issues come and get me pleaView attachment 393624

Given the recent media interest in a move to the Qatar Star league for the Dortmund and Germany star, Iikay has finally responded to the speculation admitting he is desperate for a move to Qatar due to the growing standard of football. Jurgen Klopp has stated that it will cost a lot of money since he is under contract at the German club and they will have to break the bank to lure the player away...

do you know how i centre images? I have never actually used this forum before and it is really bugging me that i cant centre them!

Just select the image you want and align to center, it should be in the options.

View attachment 393609
Who will be next?
Will all these big players joining the Qatar Stars league everybody is asking the same question, who on earth will be next? one team is rumoured to have tabled a bit of near 200 million for Thomas Muller and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent has claimed that at least one team have tabled a bid for him.
With just under a month until the season starts and just over a month until the transfer window closes, one thing is for certain more big moves are on the way!

going to skim through the rest of pre-season and then write up a summary of each teams dealings in the transfer market before the league starts, hope everybody is enjoying it so far!

This is really interesting. Are you/have used the editor to make all this happen? Or is this the natural thing when you load Arab money into the game? :)