The Quest for European Dominance - A Red Star Belgrade Story

1621885136387.png

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

I am all over the place with this window! I went into it wanting to sign a left winger and to keep my big stars and I have kinda done that but by god it was tough. I signed one player and brought another one in that I kept quiet about in the summer.

Basically in the summer I brought in Michael Olise on a free transfer from Liverpool with the sole aim to loan him out and then sell him at a profit so when I was scouring the planet for left wingers with no success - being asked to much money basically - I was about to go in for Kingsley Coman on loan but then Olise requested me to cancel his loan deal and I decided to take him back and bring him into the fold!
olise.png

He has until the end of the season to prove to me that he is worth keeping around or if not it should at least boost his transfer value.

On a similar deal I brought in a young Mexican striker on a free and I have already loaned him out.
de la torre.png

Now for player sales. Nobody in the first team was sold and the only player who really left was my young prospect Cepzanovic wo joined Braga on loan to get a higher level of match experience. But that doesnt tell half the story...........

THE BIDS THAT I REJECTED!!!!!!!!

Igor Deric had requested a transfer and a host of clubs came in for him with £53m being the highest bid from AC Milan for him yet I rejected them all and after the transfer window closed he asked to stay so I immediately extended his contract for an extra year until 2031.

Duric £8m, Wague £24m, Stevanovic £14m, Pete £37m were other offers while Real Madrid bid £40m for Grisales and they were all turned donw.

And then there was Kikic.

Bid after bid after bid after bid after bid came in and in the end Chelsea basically said - name your price - so I did - £190m and they accepted it!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I cancelled it lol. I was so tempted naturally to accept the offer but I dont have a replacement anywhere near his level within my squad and do the foreigner rule in Serbia it would be near impossible to replace him. He is contracted until 2030 and is only on £5,000 a week so I can keep him for 2 more seasons before my hand is forced. He doesnt want to sign a new deal yet he hasnt requested a transfer so we will keep it as it is lol.

£190m jeezo.​

1621885929684.png

FEBRUARY

zlatibor.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic*, Pavlovic, Sehovic, Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Deric, Olise, Grisales (Mladenovic)

I am happy that we won and that Kikic returned from his long term injury with a goal but we really should have scored much more against 10 men. We dominated throughout and Grisales missed a penalty again but I expect more goals.

--

jagodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic (Pete), Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Kikic), Deric, Olise*, Grisales

We need to do better in front of goal. To only score 1 goal, and a late one at that, against 10 men with a total of 41 shots on goal is a disgrace.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
spurs.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic (Duric), Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Kikic, Deric (Radonjic), Olise*, Grisales

This was a wonderful result and performance as we played Spurs off the park and more than deserved the 4-1 win and we were so good a scoreline of 8-1 wouldnt have flattered us. Michael Olise has hit the ground running that is for sure!!!! Grujic got injured and will be out for 3-4 weeks.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete*, Melovic, Bogdanovic, Kikic, Deric (Stevanovic), Olise, Grisales (Mladenovic)

We actually had a game postponed just after the Spurs game so my players had a few days extra rest for this match. We struggled badly here though. Pete opened the scoring with a wonder goal and it wasnt until we got 2 stoppage time goals that we made the scoreline look a bit better.

--

metalac.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic*, Pete, Mitrovic, Melovic (Obradovic), Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric, Radonjic, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Pathetic. We were terrible and the only bright spot was a fine goal from Radonjic which won us the game. Melovic went off injured which is a huge blow.

--

SUMMARY

Sure we won every match this month but I am not happy at all with how we have returned from the winter break. We dominated every match but really struggled to put the ball into the back of the net and despite just about every one of our opponents had a man sent-off we struggled to capitalise.

Having said that we were immense in the Champions League against Spurs as we rattled 4 goals against them in a momentous performance and we have 1 foot in the quarter-finals.

I received more offers for my players as the Chinese transfer window was still open and one side bid £34m for Wague and another £28m for Mladenovic but I rejected both offers.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MICHAEL OLISE
MICHAEL.png

--

SUPER LIGA
FEB.png

1621953479800.png

MARCH

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
kolubara.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Sehovic, Mitrovic, Obradovic, Stevanovic (Novakovic), Momic (Majkic), Radonjic*, Mladenovic

Kolubara are a non-league side so I am not happy with this result at all as even with my backups which included 7 internationals we should be winning this far more comfortably.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Mitrovic*, Obradovic (Majkic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Olise, Grisales

We need to snap out of this run of performances. Sure we are getting the results but we dont look convincing at all. If it doesnt improve I may have to take action in the summer.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
3-2.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Mitrovic (Bogdanovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric*, Olise (Radonjic), Grisales

We go through after this entertaining 2nd leg. We fell behind but then Grisales levelled with his 30th goal of the season but we were soon behind again at half-time but we scored 2 late goals through Deric and Radonjic to complete a comfortable 7-3 aggregate victory.

--

napredak.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto (Sehovic), Markovic, Pavlovic, Wague, Grujic, Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Kikic*, Olise, Radonjic (Novakovic), Grisales

WE MUST STOP THIS!!!!!

Yes we won

Yes it is a clean sheet.

But the performance was terrible!

--

backa.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Yan Couto), Grujic, Bogdanovic, Kikic* (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic, Grisales

We got 3 goals here which is a nice change in regards to our recent league matches but after 6 clean sheets in a row we conceded here.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Bogdanovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales*

We were saving all the goals up for this game obviously!!! We were superb and the fact that we went away to the 2nd placed side and to score 8 goals is some achievement. Grisales helped himself to 5 goals while we even had a disallowed goal from Vidosavljevic.

--

SUMMARY

For most of the month I was raging with my side as we were getting wins but not getting the goals that our play deserved and in the odd occasion actually getting what we didnt deserve. However we did end the month with a magnificent 8-1 win away to Proleter so it seems that someone was due a hiding.

In the Champions League we defeated Spurs 3-2 away to progress into the quarter-finals but we have drawn Manchester City and although we knocked them out 2 years ago they knocked us out last season which means we have a chance but we are still underdogs.

For once I didnt get a golden generation in the youth intake and there was only 1 decent player in it and I think I only signed up 3. Poor show lol. I do have 6 players that have come through the intake (Propadalo, Mladenovic, Melovic, Obradovic, Mitrovic and Deric) so I can hardly complain - just Melovic and Deric alone is worth it considering this is my 7th season!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HECTOR GRISALES
grisales.png

--

SUPER LIGA
MARCH.png

--

1621953612440.png

SERBIA

UEFA European Championship Qualifiers Group F
moldova.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic (Prijovic), Maksimovic, Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric*, Radonjic, Jovic (Joveljic)

Not bad. Would have liked to have scored more goals but it was acceptable. Prijovic made his debut for us here.

--

hungary.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic, Maksimovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Radonjic*, Jovic

Another 3-0 win but this is a decent one as Hungary drew with Scotland in their first match. Norway humped Moldova 8-0 though!

1621962652534.png

APRIL

2-0.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic*, Pete, Grujic (Melovic), Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric (Obradovic), Radonjic (Stevanovic), Mladenovic

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

And the goals dry up again! I rested Kikic and Grisales for the Man City game while Melovic wasnt fully fit and Wague and Olise were injured so we didnt have our problems to seek but we got the win and a couple of goals. I would go on about winning the title but it isnt a surprise lol.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
man city.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Kikic (Obradovic), Deric, Radonjic (Stevanovic), Grisales*

Hector Grisales was the hero here as he scored a superb hat-trick to give us a narrow advantage and we actually scored the winner when we were down to 10 men as Obradovic went off injured when I had already made my 3 subs. We also had an early goal disallowed. We are still not favourites to get through though.

--

3-0.png

Lineup - P.Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Sehovic, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic (D.Rajkovic), Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Stevanovic*, Krstic, Mladenovic (Lazarevic)

We defeat Proleter yet again but this time with my backups. Our opening goal was a thing of beauty as Krstic fired into the far top corner from 30 yards and he has scored in all 3 league appearances this season. Stevanovic collected a double and I gave debuts to Dragan Rajkovic and Bosko Lazarevic.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
1-2.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Stevanovic (Radonjic), Grisales (Mladenovic*)

So close. We were 2-0 down and for the first 70min we were pretty poor tbh but then we began to create some chances and when Mladenovic levelled the score on aggregate I went all for it but alas it was not to be and we go out on away goals.

--

belgrade.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto (Wague), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric (Olise), Stevanovic, Grisales*

We beat Partizan with Grisales on top form as he got 2 goals and 1 assist. That being said he was helped by the Partizan defence as they gave away a penalty and also had a horrendous defensive mix-up to allow him to walk it into the net from 15 yards.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Wague), Grujic, Melovic, Vidosavljevic, Deric (Stevanovic), Olise*, Grisales (Miljanic)

Michael Olise scored a superb hat-trick to send us into the where we will play our arch enemy Partizan Belgrade. Miljanic came off the bench to make his debut - keep an eye out for him as he looks a player.

--

nis.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto (Wague), Markovic*, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric, Olise, Grisales

Markovic to the rescue here as he scored a stoppage time winner to deny Radnicki the honour of stopping us beating them twice in a season. Radnicki look good for a Champions League spot for next season despite this defeat though.

--

SUMMARY

This month saw us go out of the Champions League as despite beating Man City 3-2 at home thanks to a superb Grisales hat-trick we went out on away goals after we lost 2-1 at home. After reaching the final and the semis in the last 2 years it shows that there has been a step back but Man City have a ridiculous side and have knocked us out the last 2 years. We will go again.

We won the title by beating Zlatibor to seal the title before the split for the 2nd time in my charge and we just need to see the season through unbeaten. We managed to beat Partizan comfortably and we will play them in the Kup Srbije final.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HECTOR GRISALES
hector.png

--

SUPER LIGA
APRIL.png

1621970843824.png

MAY

3-1.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic*, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic, Vidosavljevic (Radonjic), Deric, Olise, Grisales (Stevanovic)

I was raging at half-time as we were a goal down and pitiful but thankfully my insane rant made my players come out in the second half to win the match and the fact that they had a man sent-off helped.

--

2-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Pete, Grujic (Mitrovic), Melovic (Bogdanovic), Kikic, Deric (Stevanovic), Olise*, Grisales

Another win. I decided to rest some players for the Serbian Cup final so the likes of Propadalo and Duric came in. I would have played Mladenovic but he is injured.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Pete, Grujic (Bogdanovic), Melovic (Mitrovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Stevanovic*, Grisales

A comfortable victory. We got 2 early goals and 2 late goals so I am a happy manager although their late goal annoyed me slightly. I will play a complete backup team in our final match - they better not get beat!!!

--

NOVKA.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Sehovic, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Stevanovic*, Radonjic (Obradovic), Mladenovic

A decent way to end the league campaign. Novakovic got his first goal for the club here in the last minute. Another undefeated league campaign is sealed.

--

Kup Srbije Final
6-2.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Grujic, Melovic, Kikic, Deric (Stevanovic), Olise (Radonjic), Grisales*

Now thats how you win a cup final! We smash 6 goals past a hapless Partizan Belgrade side with Hector Grisales helping himself to 4 of them to take him up to 48 for the season! He even assisted the goal from Kikic too!!!!

--

SUMMARY

So the curtain draws on another season and with it another domestic double with us being unbeaten in the league but without success in Europe. We just had to see the season through this month and we did just that by winning our final 4 matches before we tore apart Partizan Belgrade in the Serbian Cup final.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FILIP STEVANOVIC
stevanovic.png

1622038637109.png

END OF SEASON POST

Another season, another domestic double, another unbeaten league campaign and another long run in Europe but in all honesty we went backwards this year which is a huge disappointment. In the league we did win it by an astonishing 38 points which is the most by far and we only drew 1 game however we scored far less goals and our performances were not up to standard at all which sounds harsh but it is fair. To put it into perspective we got 1 more point and scored less goals than the real life Red Star squad have just done and my squad is far, far superior.

We won the Serbian Cup by thumping Partizan Belgrade 6-2 with Hector Grisales smashing in 4 goals and that was a good end to the season.

In the Champions League we started off in the group stage for the first time and we progressed by finishing runners-up to Bayern Munich and we went onto knock out Spurs by beating them home and away which was a fine achievement but then we came unstuck against Man City for the 2nd year in a row and once again we won the first leg at home but lost it away from home to go out on away goals.

I kinda put down our poor performances to my Serbian sides success in the World Cup as the tournament ended just days before the domestic season started so my players had no break until the winter break. We were struggling with injuries, especially in midfield, and we never really had a settled side but to counter that my players are by far and away the best in the country and should walkover every side.

--

SUPER LIGA

final.png

Proleter, the side we beat 8-1, qualify for the Champions League qualifiers. Good luck to them!

--

SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Predrag Rajkovic played in every match and had a good season. Domestically we expect to keep a clean sheet every game and while that doesnt happen he does a good job in making it close!

Defenders
- At RB Moussa Wague had a good season but in truth had his worst season for us. He didnt score any goals and his assists and average rating dropped massively which is a concern but he decide to take a Serbian passport so that was a boost for us. His backup was Yan Couto who I brought in from Man City and while he struggled badly to get games at the start of the season he basically played every match for the last few months of the season and he did well.

Over on the left I sold Rogerio after a few games so Pete got the nod and he was brilliant. He scored a few goals and grabbed a few assists and I expect that he will get better and he will be one player that will draw a lot of bids in the summer. Sehovic was his backup but barely featured.

Strahinja Pavlovic was injured for most of the season and only made 23 starts and while he played well it gave Duric a load of extra appearances and he took his place very well. Svetozar Markovic was the main man at CB though as he scored 5 goals and featured the most. Propadalo continues to develop and I long to give him more game time but the other 3 are still ahead of him but his eyes are on Duric I would say.

Midfielders - While both Grujic and Melovic had good seasons as expected the amount of assists that they got were decimated. They nearly assisted 50 between them last term and this season it was just 18!!!! Grujic is getting on a bit now and that means that Bogdanovic needs to kick on. He is still only 18 and had a breakthrough season and he performed admirably. Mitrovic was back involved with the first team and he did a job.

On the RW Zeljko Kikic's season was hampered by injury and he only played half the games but he still scored 13 goals and got 10 assists and had the 2nd highest average rating and of course was the subject of a £190m bid from Chelsea but in reality it was a disappointing season for him. Vidosavljevic and Stevanovic filled in for him and they did well, especially Stevanovic, and on the LW Radonjic started the season but his form took a massive drop and in the 2nd half of the season Michael Olise came into the side and he excelled with 7 goals and 7 assists in just 12 starts.

At AMC Igor Deric was moved back there and he had a good season with 19 goals and 12 assists including a 4 goal haul in one match and he can hold his head high but his backup, Obradovic, seems to have hit his peak and his future at the club is on a knife edge. Stevanovic also filled in.

Forwards - Hector Grisales had an exceptional first season with us. At just 19y/o he ended up with 48 goals and almost as impressive was the fact that he got 13 assists. He was just immense but he could have done better as there was a spell in the league where he only scored 4 goals in 12 games! Filip Mladenovic is a wonderkid and his backup and while he hardly played he still managed to get 11 goals but injuries and Grisales' form prevented him from featuring more but he will be some player believe me.

My Player of the Season
- Hector Grisales
My Young Player of the Season - Hector Grisales
Must Do Better - Yan Couto
Donkey of the Year - Mihajlo Novakovic

--

SUMMER PLANS

Keep hold of my players! I fully expect bids upon bids upon bids to come in and the thing is if they are for any of my Serbian players I will only sell them if I have another Serb ready to come in and that is very difficult so the likes of Deric, Kikic and Mladenovic should be going nowhere. If I rejected £190m for Kikic it shows how much resolve I have. As for my foreign players - that could be a different story lol.

--

1622042635667.png

SERBIA

scotland.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic, Milinkovic-Savic (Maslac), Kikic* (V.Vlahovic), Deric, Stevanovic, Jovic

I am delighted with this win as we pretty much destroy Scotland's hopes of qualifying with this win as ourselves and Norway seem to be on a different level. Jovic put us in front but Billy Gilmour soon levelled however Zeljko Kikic struck twice before going off injured and he now has 26 goals in 30 caps.

-

Friendly
costa rica.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic (Duric), Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, V.Vlahovic (Zivkovic), Deric*, Radonjic (Vidosavljevic), Jovic (Joveljic)

Not bad but we really should have scored more considering we were 3-0 up after only 18min.

1622044530866.png

SERBIA JOIN THE EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!!! Now this is a huge game changer. We can now sign players from other countries in the EU and they wont be counted as foreigners so if I do get another £190m bid for Kikic I can now replace him with a Spanish winger say and he wont be counted as foreign. Of our 4 foreigners that I had in my squad only Michael Olise is now not regarded as foreign.

It also means that I can finally scour countries for some of the best EU youngsters etc. It really will change the dynamics of the squad.

However.............

I am the Serbian manager, I have a squad full of Serbs, we have won the World Cup and it would be foolish of me to just ditch the principles that I have had in the last 7 seasons. If I have a hot prospect coming through in the ranks I will make sure that they get their chance.

You might see me spend more money now though!!!​

1622049841200.png

PRE-SEASON POST

So with Serbia having finally joined the EU that completely changed my plans for the summer. I had in mind of selling maybe 1 first team player, maybe 2 but in the end it looks like a few more are leaving than was planned. I have splashed the cash though and I have basically spent £65m on 2 players although I have brought 4 in overall. I have recouped £29m so far but more could be recouped in the next few weeks as there is still over a month to go in the transfer window but I will probably spend more.

Pre-season was basically searching for young EU talents that are willing to come to Serbia which is actually quite hard. I also found an amazing 16y/o from Mexico but he had no interest in joining us so it is not like that we can just go out and get anyone despite being the 9th ranked side in Europe. I also spent a lot of time trying to find the right loan deals for my players.

Not much else to say really. Onto the transfers..........

--

PLAYERS OUT

I am raging with Michael Olise. I was quite happy to keep him but when AC Milan bid £23m for him I duly accepted it but then a Chinese side bid £29m but the ***** rejected them both. I was ******* livid as I had already signed his replacement so I then had to transfer list him and he ended up going to Hertna Berlin for £15.75m but it could go up to £20m. *****. Not bad money for a free transfer signing who only made 13 appearances though.

2 long serving stalwarts have gone though.................

Firstly Nemanja Radonjic has gone and he was always going to be sold this summer as his form had dipped and at 31y/o he wasnt going to get any better. He famously scored the 2 goals to win the World Cup for Serbia and after I signed him from Marseille for £4m he made 254 apps and scored 126 goals which is not bad for a left winger! He still has his pace etc but it was time for him to move on and he has joined Strasbourg for an initial £5.75m which could rise to £7m so I have got all that from him and still made a profit!!!!!

Marko Grujic is the next stalwart to leave. Again at 31y/o he wasnt going to get any better and it seems he had an Indian summer 2 seasons ago as his numbers dropped last term. Having signed him on loan for 2 seasons initially before getting him on a free he made 277 apps and scored 26 goals. He joins River Plate for £5m and I wish him all the best.

Marko Jevremovic has finally left the club permanently after going out on loan last season. He was one of my very first signings and the left back ended up making 85 apps and he netted 5 times. He has joined Rad for £650,000 which is more than double than what I paid for him.

As for loan deals some of my top prospects like Cepzanovic, Momic, Krznaric, Neoricic and Marinkovic have all gone to get regular football as has De La Torre who has left for £1.3m for the season.

--

PLAYERS IN

I needed a left winger and I almost doubled my transfer record to bring in one. He isnt even highly rated by my coaches but having had him in my Champions League Challenge save I knew what this guy could do so I gave FC Porto £40m to bring in Francisco Conceicao. The Portuguese international can play on either wing and is a very talented footballer and if he doesnt rip things up in Portugal I will be very upset!
conceicao.png

I obviously liked what I had seen at Porto as I then gave them £24.5m (rising up to £33.5m) to bring in their Belgian keeper Maarten Vandevoordt. It was my DoF who arranged this deal and I was happy to go along with it as he is an upgrade on Rajkovic plus at just 25 years of age he still has his best years ahead of him.
vandevoordt.png

To replace Grujic I brought in Tommy Doyle from Manchester City on a free transfer. I had arranged the transfer in January and had planned to loan him out to sell him on but in the end he will actually be kept on. He will be my 4th foreign player (alongside Yan Couto, Pete and Grisales) and he will play in midfield alongside Melovic.
doyle.png

Finally I brought in a young Czech winger for £62,000. If he ends up getting sold for £44.5m like his last counterpart I will be extremely happy but he will join my B squad initially.
pavelka.png

--

SQUAD - AIMS FOR SEASON

Aims for the season is as ever find the 2 holy grails - a 100% record in the league and win the Champions League!!!!

As for my squad Vandervoordt will be my new keeper but there is no interest in Rajkovic so he will be staying as things stand. My back 4 stays the same but Tommy Doyle will come in for Grujic and Conceicao will be my new LW. Other than that everything is the same as I have not promoted anyone into the squad from the youth ranks.

It could all change in a month though!

1622053842514.png

JULY

mladost.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle (Bogdanovic), Kikic, Obradovic*, Conceicao, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Igor Duric was injured so in came Miodrag Obradovic and he blew us all away with a hat-trick!!! He was immense and considering his place in the squad is under threat it could be a career saving performance from the young lad at the club. As ever I am ****** off that we had 4 goals by half-time and couldnt score anymore in the 2nd half, especially against 10 men.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Kikic*, Obradovic (Deric), Conceicao, Grisales (Mladenovic)

We got a late flurry of goals here to make the scoreline more representative to what had gone on throughout the match as we dominated and made chance after chance after chance.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Deric, Conceicao*, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Francisco Conceicao's 2 late goals rescued us here as it looked like Cukaricki were going to hold on for a draw. It should never have been that close though as Grisales had a penalty saved and we missed a glut of chances.

--

SUMMARY

We have started off the season quite well with 3 wins from 3 but against Cukaricki it was too close for my liking and the 100% record dream was nearly up in smoke already. However 2 late goals from Conceicao won us that match as he and my other 2 new recruits seem to have settled in quite well which is pleasing.

The bids keep coming in for my players as Man City offered me up to £58m for Kikic, PSG keep going in for Novakovic and Wague and Pete are also attracting offers but I am standing firm for now however I did move on Zlatan Sehovic. My backup LB was unhappy so when I got offered £3.5m (rising to £4.4m) which doubled my money on him I readily accepted it and he is off to some team in Saudi Arabia or Qatar.

In his place is Alejandro Balde who joined us from Lille for £4.4m. He probably prefers to play in midfield but he will be my backup LB. He is frighteningly quick and so long a she can be a decent stand in for Pete I will be happy.
balde.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ZELJKO KIKIC
KIKIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
JULY.png

1622093193813.png

AUGUST

PROLETER.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Kikic, Deric*, Conceicao, Grisales

Wonderful! We tore Proleter apart here as we smashed 6 past them thanks to hat-tricks from Kikic and Deric. Proleter have PSV in the Champions League qualifiers and on this performance they have absolutely no chance!

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Yan Couto), Melovic, Doyle, Kikic, Deric (Stevanovic), Conceicao (Vidosavljevic), Grisales*

Phew! Hector Grisales scored with a bullet header in stoppage time to win us the Eternal Derby. We battered them tbh and they scored with their only shot on target and we just kept getting frustrated and shot from long range far too often plus Conceicao had a goal disallowed but it was worth it for Grisales' winning moment at the death.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle*, Kikic, Deric, Conceicao, Grisales

This was a day of missed opportunities as 6 shots on target from 22 attempts show! Deric got the opener and Grisales scored with a stunning free-kick.

--

kabel.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Kikic*, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Grisales (Mladenovic)

A good win as we notched up 4 goals but it could have been more as ever as Tommy Doyle blazed a late penalty wide. He did score his first goal for the club though. Igor Deric went off injured and is out for a few weeks.

--

SUMMARY

We did very well this month and are playing some fantastic stuff. My front 4 of Conceicao, Kikic, Deric and Grisales seem to have clicked already and between them have already scored 19 goals and got 10 assists. We only have a 3pt lead ahead of Partizan and that is because we beat them thanks to a last minute Grisales goal.

In the Champions League we have been given a half decent group alongside Barcelona, PSV Eindhoven and FC Kobenhavn so I expect us to qualify there.
1622131995276.png
1622132011967.png
1622132043714.png
1622132078845.png

There was a bit of transfer news but it actually happened last month and I forgot to mention it. Predrag Rajkovic has moved on by joining Almeria on loan for £1.1m. With the arrival of Vandervoordt I offered him out permanently but there were no takers so in the end I sent him out on loan while some of my other prospects like Majkic and Krstic have also went out on loan. I did sign 2 young players from the Czech Republic and Peru for my B team but they arent worthy of a screenshot.

However there is huge news in the fact that Zeljko Kikic has signed a new contract. He said that he was happy to stay after Chelsea withdrew their interest so he got a £50k pay rise and a 2 year extension until 2032 and I am over the moon with that!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ZELJKO KIKIC
zeljko.png

--

SUPER LIGA
aug.png

1622132455815.png

SEPTEMBER

vojvodina.png

Lineup
- Vandervoordt, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic*, Pete (Balde), Melovic, Doyle, Kikic, Obradovic, Conceicao, Grisales

Just the 1 goal here which is a tad disappointing. Balde made his debut here.

--

UEFA Champions League Group D
kobenhavn.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Duric, Propadalo, Balde, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic*, Stevanovic, Mladenovic

WOW!!!! I took a chance and fielded my backups here and they amazed me by beating Kobenhavn 7-0 and we even had 1 disallowed through Duric. We were so good all over the field and my forward players had a field day. Very impressive.

--

surdulica.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic, Obradovic (Stevanovic), Conceicao*, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Back came my first teamers and they were nowhere near as good as my backups lol.

--

zlatibor.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete*, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic (Stevanovic), Obradovic (Deric), Conceicao, Grisales

This was not a good day at the office. We only won by 1 goal to nil and Dorde Melovic went off injured and will be out until we come back from the winter break most likely which is a huge blow. However it does give Bogdanovic a huge opportunity.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Doyle, Kikic, Deric, Conceicao*, Grisales

A fine victory and performance. Grisales got the opener for the 4th time in succession, Pavlovic got a rare goal, Kikic scored a blinder and Conceicao struck twice for the 2nd time this season and that 4 goals is his total.

--

barcelona.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Doyle*, Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Grisales

GET IN!!!!

We take control of the group with a sensational victory here. Barcelona just didnt turn up and you dont want that to happen when you play us at the Marakana! Grisales put us in front as is his want and then Tommy Doyle scored twice with his 2nd being a brilliant curved effort from 22 yards.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month. 6 games, 6 clean sheets and a triumphant win over Barcelona to boot! We scraped by in our first 3 league games before thumping TSC 5-0 but our best performances were saved for the Champions League as my backups humiliated FC Kobenhavn 7-0 before my first team went on to defeat Barcelona 3-0 so already we should have 1 foot in the knockouts.

There is a noticeable difference between this season and last season as my players have had a rest in the summer so they are fully recharged and raring to go although the injury to Melovic was a hammer blow to us but it gives an opportunity to Bogdanovic who should grow into a star player and he has to take his chance.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TOMMY DOYLE
tommy.png

--

SUPER LIGA
EP.png

--

1622132529845.png

SERBIA

moldova.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic, Melovic (Maslac), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic*, Stevanovic, Radonjic (V.Vlahovic), Jovic (Joveljic)

Nice and easy. Kikic scored a hat-trick and it is now 29 goals in 31 appearances for his country.

--

UEFA Championship Qualifiers Group F
norway.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Melovic (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic (Maslac), Kikic, Stevanovic, Radonjic, Jovic

We take control of the group with this result as we edge out Norway in a 7 goal thriller. Well I say edge them out - we absolutely battered them and it was 4-1 going into stoppage time and we inexplicably conceded 2 goals.

1622142922954.png

OCTOBER

indija.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic (Duric), Pete, Bogdanovic, Doyle, Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric, Conceicao, Grisales*

Another 5 goals are racked up as we score 5 for the 2nd game in a row in the league.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Bogdanovic, Doyle, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao*, Grisales

We came out of the blocks on fire here as we were 3-0 up after 25min but after that we seemed to specialise on putting shots high and wide or hitting the woodwork.

--

psv.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Yan Couto), Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Doyle, Stevanovic, Deric, Conceicao*, Grisales

3 wins out of 3 in the group with an aggregate score of 13-0 so far!

--

javor.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Bogdanovic, Doyle, Kikic*, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Grisales

We had to come from behind to win this match. Kikic scored twice and then missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick and Tommy Doyle scored a screamer from long range.

--

Kup Srbije 1st Round
zemun.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Balde, Mitrovic (Brabec), Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Obradovic (Ince), Stevanovic*, Mladenovic

My backups got a run out here and they deservedly won. Mladenovic scored a fine hat-trick while Obradovic had an effort disallowed. Brabic and Ince made their debuts here.

--

mladost.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Duric (Propadalo), Pete, Bogdanovic (Motrovic), Doyle*, Kikic, Deric, Conceicao, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Once again we fell behind but once again we come back to win 3-1. They scored with their only shot on goal but I neednt have worried.

--

SUMMARY

We won all 6 matches this month and scored plenty of goals to boot so I am naturally happy with that. We are 12pts clear in the league, through in the domestic cup and after beating PSV Eindhoven 3-0 we are all but through in our Champions League group!

I am really happy with how my team is playing and just the full makeup of my squad - especially in the forward areas and I think we have a great chance to get the 100% league campaign or grab the Champions League but we have been here before lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TOMMY DOYLE
doyle.png

--

SUPER LIGA
OCT.png

--

1622142999000.png

SERBIA

hungary.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic, Maslac (Petrovic), Milinkovic-Savic*, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric (Joveljic), Stevanovic, Jovic

Our last match was a 4-3 win over Norway and we go one better by winning 5-3 here. Milinkovic-Savic might be 32y/o and getting on a bit but along with Kikic he is by far and away our best player. Njegos Petrovic, my former Red Star player, came out of the international wilderness to get another cap.

--

Friendly
egypt.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic (Gajic), Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Maslac (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, V.Vlahovic, Deric*, Stevanovic, Jovic (Joveljic)

We fell behind shockingly here and then Milinkovic-Savic had a penalty saved but within a minute he had us level and Igor Deric scored 2 goals before half-time to give us the win and both teams basically fell asleep in the 2nd half.

1622187293336.png

NOVEMBER

4-2.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Pete, Bogdanovic (Mitrovic), Doyle*, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Stevanovic (Vidosavljevic), Mladenovic

I played a half and half side here too give some players some game time and while it worked in regards to the result it failed due to the fact that Igor Deric got injured and is out for the best part of a month. This win secures our qualification into the next round though.

--

vozdovac.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Bogdanovic, Doyle (Mitrovic), Kikic (Vidosavljevic), Obradovic*, Conceicao, Grisales (Mladenovic)

For the 3rd league game in a row we fall behind so I am a bit concerned with that little run. Just as well that we have the quality to turn things around and Miodrag Obradovic was the main man today with 2 goals. I have recalled him back into the Serbia squad as he is having a great season.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Rajkovic, Doyle, Kikic (Stevanovic), Obradovic*, Conceicao (Vidosavljevic), Grisales (Mladenovic)

I AM ******* LIVID!!!!

Bang goes our chances for 37 wins out of 37 in the league and once again we concede here with the oppositions only shot on target. We missed so many sitters and Grisales has failed to score in each of our last 4 games.

**** OFF!!!!

--

kobenhavn.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Balde, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Obradovic, Stevanovic, Mladenovic*

My backups got another run out and they got the win to win us the group as Barcelona were held by PSV. Mladenovic scored a fine hat-trick and if Grisales doesnt start finding the net again shortly he could well find himself replaced by Mladenovic.

--

proleter.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Mitrovic (Melovic), Doyle*, Kikic, Obradovic (Deric), Conceicao, Mladenovic

I decided to ditch Grisales anyway and Mladenovic paid me back with 2 goals which is pleasing. He is currently unhappy and his contract is up at the end of next season so I need to make him happy.

--

SUMMARY

Not a good month as we drew with Cukaricki so all the good stuff gets wiped from my memory bank! Towards the end of the month I decided to drop Grisales to give Mladenovic a run in the side and I will be selecting the strikers on form from now on!

We have won our Champions League group however and can afford to play my backups against Barcelona at the Nou Camp and my Serbian side qualified for the Euros next year.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIODRAG OBRADOVIC
OBRADOVIC.png

--

SUPER LIGA
NOV.png

--

1622187418308.png

SERBIA

scotlan.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Maslac (Grujic), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic, Obradovic (Radonjic), Stevanovic, Jovic

We qualify for the European Championships with this draw but we really should have won the game as we were the better team and they scored with their only shot on target. Never mind. Ristic won his 50th cap here.

--

norway.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Ristic (Sehovic), Maslac, Milinkovic-Savic (Petrovic), V.Vlahovic, Obradovic, Stevanovic, Jovic

This was a dead rubber of a match as both sides had their position in the top 2 confirmed beforehand. I was ****** off when we threw away a 2 goal lead late on but then I was ecstatic when Njegos Petrovic thundered a shot in off the bar from 30 yards to give us a last minute winner!

group.png

1622194332752.png

DECEMBER

Kup Srbije 2nd Round
3-1.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Balde, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic (Brabec), Vidosavljevic, Obradovic (Rajkovic), Stevanovic (Miljanic), Mladenovic*

Mladenovic is certainly taking his chance as he got another 2 goals here and he now has 14 goals and is 1 behind Grisales for the season.

--

barcelona.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Propadalo, Duric, Balde, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic (Novakovic), Obradovic, Stevanovic (Miljanic), Mladenovic

Meh. With the group having already been won I played my backups yet again and it was never likely that we would win although we did take the lead in the first minute.

--

kabel.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Balde, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle*, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Mladenovic

Nice. Tommy Doyle has been an inspired signing and he got a goal and the MOM award. Balde scored his first goal for the club with a stunning finish from a tight angle.

--

radnicki.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Balde, Melovic, Doyle*, Kikic, Deric, Conceicao, Mladenovic

We head into the winter break off the back of a decent win. Even though he missed a penalty Tommy Doyle still picked up the MOM award and he has had an unbelievable start to his Red Star career.

--

SUMMARY

So ends 2027! This month saw us lose our first game of the season but considering it was away to Barcelona and I fielded a backup side it came as no surprise really. My backups have really come to the fore this season with Mladenovic scoring for fun, Bogdanovic getting a run in the side, Obradovic finding the form of his life while the likes of Balde, Duric, Stevanovic and Vidosavljevic have all had their moments in the sun too!

In the Champions League we have been drawn against Atletico Madrid so while it will naturally be a tough tie I still fancy our chances.

We go into the winter break and the Jnauary transfer window the same as ever - not really planning on signing anyone and fully expecting bids for my star players.

Finally Filip Mladenovic is happy again and my wonderkid striker has signed a new 5 year contract until 2032. Happy days.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TOMMY DOYLE
tommy.png

--

SUPER LIGA
DEC.png

1622209831713.png

FEBRUARY

metalac.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Balde), Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Mladenovic*

We return from the winter break in fine style as we hit Metalac for 6! I was actually going to play Grisales up front since he is the current holder of the European Golden Boot award but he went down with a virus before the match so Mladenovic started again and got 2 goals.

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic*, Doyle, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Stevanovic (Vidosavljevic), Mladenovic (Miljanic)

Another victory and another goal from Mladenovic - Grisales will struggle to get back into the team at this rate!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
atletico.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle (Bogdanovic), Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao (Stevanovic), Mladenovic

A huge result. Mladenovic put us in front and it looked like that we would walk away with a 1-0 victory but they levelled in stoppage time and I was distraught but my players werent as Kikic just ran at the Atletico defence and won a penalty in the 5th minute of stoppage time and Stevanovic converted it to give us our 2nd away goal. A 2-1 win is better than 1-0 after all!

--

radnik.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Yan Couto (Wague), Propadalo, Pete, Balde, Melovic, Doyle*, Kikic, Obradovic (Stevanovic), Conceicao, Mladenovic (Grisales)

If Tommy Doyle doesnt get an England cap then the game is corrupted! He put in the perfect performance as he scored 2 and assisted the other 2 and got an average rating of 10.00! Another goal from Mladenovic too! I was missing 3 CBs so Pete had to fill in for a match alongside Propadalo.

--

zlatibor.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic*, Deric, Conceicao, Mladenovic

5 more goals added to the total and it wouldnt be a domestic game without a disallowed goal or a missed penalty and it was the former here as Kikic was denied his hat-trick by the offside flag.

--

SUMMARY

We were amazing this month as we came back from the winter break and hit top form straight away! In the league we put 6 past Metalac, 5 past Zlatibor, 4 past Radnik Surdulica and 3 past Vojvodina. To continue the sequence of goals descending from 6 we put 2 past Atletico Madrid in the Champions League away from home as we got a last minute penalty to defeat them 2-1 which was a great result.

Regarding the transfer window I signed nobody but 2 of my prospects have been sold as Nenad Marinkovic joined Angers for an initial £3.1m and Mihajlo Novakovic joined PSG for £3m. I am usually against selling my prospects but both are around 21y/o so if they would have made it they would have done so by now and the fact that they are both wingers which is arguably the strongest part of my side means I was happy to sell.

Youth intake next month but no golden generation is expected.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TOMMY DOYLE
td.png

--

SUPER LIGA
FEB.png

1622225374487.png

MARCH

Kup Srbije Quarter-Final
surdulica.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle*, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Grisales (Mladenovic)

Not the most convincing of performances but we got the job done. I decided to put Grisales back into the starting lineup and he rewarded me by missing a penalty and generally having a nightmare!

--

5-0.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Bogdanovic, Kikic, Deric, Conceicao*, Mladenovic (Grisales)

Indija are bottom of the table and they all but gave us the win here and they basically gave us the win by giving us a penalty and having 2 men sent-off. Grisales came off the bench and scored with his first touch. Conceicao's opener was timed at just 16 seconds which is a new league record!

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
4-3.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric, Conceicao, Grisales

Not many teams score 3 goals at our home patch but Atletico still got defeated as we reach the quarter-finals. They were the better side if I am honest but it counts for diddly squat when you see the end result.

--

0-5.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle (Bogdanovic), Stevanovic, Deric, Conceicao*, Mladenovic

We score 5 goals for the 3rd time in a row in the league as we tore apart Spartak here. To score 3 goals in as many minutes is quite something!

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle*, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao (Stevanovic), Mladenovic (Grisales)

No 5 goal haul here but it is a derby victory. They scored with their only shot on goal while Markovic had a goal disallowed for us in the 2nd half. Partizan are really struggling this season and are 14pts off 2nd place and 28pts behind us.

--

4-1.png

Lineup - Copic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle*, Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric, Conceicao, Mladenovic

Vandevoordt picked up a knock before the game so Copic came in for his first appearance in 2 seasons and when we went a goal down after only 3min I was concerned but I neednt have worried!

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Stevanovic (Vidosavljevic), Mladenovic*

Filip Mladenovic scored a fine hat-trick (and had 1 disallowed) here for us as he continues to keep Grisales sitting on the bench! He has 13 goals in his last 12 league games now!

--

SUMMARY

We head into the penultimate month of the season in fine fettle after winning every game this month. In the league we beat Partizan Belgrade narrowly and we are 1 win away from sealing the title before the split yet again.

In the Kup Srbije it is very interesting as we will play Kabel in the semis but in the other semi it is Napredak of the 2nd division against my B team!!!!! I would love it to be a Red Star v Red Star Reserves (Graficar) in the final!!!!!

In the Champions League we beat Atletico Madrid to set up a tie with moneybags PSG. They are the holders of the competition and have signed the likes of Haaland, Sterling, Felix, Havertz, Vinicius Junior, Rodrygo and still have Mbappe so we will do well to get through that tie!!

The youth intake was pretty ****.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TOMMY DOYLE

CM.png

--

SUPER LIGA
MARCH.png

--

1622225487523.png

SERBIA

Friendly
spain.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic (Duric), Sehovic, Melovic (Petrovic), Milinkovic-Savic (Maslac), Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric (Mladenovic), Stevanovic (Radonjic), Jovic

Only my 2nd defeat as manager of Serbia and the first time that we have failed to score. We were terrible tbh.

--

Friendly
austria.png

Lineup - Rajkovic, Milic (Duric*), Milenkovic, Pavlovic, Sehovic, Maslac (Melovic), Milinkovic-Savic (Petrovic), V.Vlahovic (Kikic), Jovic (Deric), Stevanovic (Joveljic), Mladenovic

I rested a few of my Red Star players here and tbh we struggled to get anything going until the 75th minute when Vlahovic scored after he capped off a great team move. Filip Mladenovic struck the late winner to get his first goal for his country.

1622272247495.png

APRIL

metalac.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic (Stevanovic), Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Mladenovic

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

We head into the split having already sealed the title with 7 games left to play. Tbh this was a poor match to win it as we played poorly and Tommy Doyle even missed a penalty. Kikic and Deric have hit a poor run of form individually too which is a worry.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
psg.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao (Stevanovic), Mladenovic

I went into this game hoping that we had a chance at home in the 2nd leg and we certainly have that as we got 2 away goals. We were pathetic in the 1st half and were lucky to only be 2 goals down so I gave them a rocket at half-time and we were much better in the 2nd half.

I will rest my players for the 2nd leg - it is going to be a huge match!!!

--

vojvodina.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Yan Couto, Duric, Propadalo, Balde, Mitrovic, Bogdanovic, Vidosavljevic, Obradovic, Stevanovic (Conceicao*), Grisales (Acimovic)

I rested my first teamers here but unfortunately Stevanovic went off injured early on so Conceicao didnt get much of a rest! Grisales came back in for a rare start since being dropped and he duly missed a penalty!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
0-0.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic, Pete (Balde), Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Vidosavljevic, Deric, Conceicao, Mladenovic (Grisales)

Not this year! We go out of the Champions League after a spirited performance here. We did create the chances, we just couldnt finish them and Donnarumma in their goal got the MOM award which says it all.

--

partizan.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Vidosavljevic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao (Balde), Mladenovic*

A derby win is nothing to be sniffed at but we didnt perform here and missed a few good chances to put the game to bed.

--

Kup Srbije Semi-Final
kabel.png

Lineup
- Vandevoordt, Wague (Yan Couto), Duric, Pavlovic (Propadalo), Pete, Melovic (Mitrovic), Doyle*, Kikic, Obradovic, Deric, Grisales

WOW!!!

We score 10 in a game for the first time in this save as we put in a wonderful performance. Kikic scored 4 but he was overshadowed by Tommy Doyle who scored 2 and assisted 3. Grisales got back on the scoresheet with a hat-trick for himself and he scored the goal of the game in the last minute with an effort from 25 yards.

Unfortunately however my B team lost the other semi final 2-1.

--

cukaricki.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Kikic*, Deric, Conceicao (Vidosavljevic), Grisales

The last time we played Cukaricki they got a draw to deny us the 100% league campaign so I am delighted that we got revenge here. Kikic scored his 2nd hat-trick in a row and even Hector Grisales popped up with a double as he now has the strikers jersey.

--

tsc.png

Lineup - Vandevoordt, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Doyle, Kikic, Deric, Conceicao (Vidosavljevic), Grisales*

Another 2 goals for Hector Grisales! It is quite tough on Mladenovic as he has done absolutely nothing wrong to lose the jersey but thats the way it goes sometimes.

--

SUMMARY

A mixed bag of a month as our superb domestic results and the winning of the title was offset by our defeat to PSG in the Champions League. It was always going to be a tough ask to knock out the French side and to lose out by 1 goal is particularly hard to take especially with us having the 2nd leg at home. There is always next year I suppose!

In the league we won the title by defeating Metalac before we headed into the split and have just kept on winning since then. While in the Serbian Cup we smashed Kabel 10-0 to reach the final where we will play Napredak.

The final month will be all about remaining unbeaten and winning the cup against a lower division side - surely we can manage that!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ZELJKO KIKIC
kikic.png

--

SUPER LIGA
april.png

1622280091623.png

MAY

proleter.png

Lineup
- Vujic, Wague (Yan Couto), Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle*, Kikic, Deric (Obradovic), Conceicao, Grisales

Not bad. Both of my first team keepers were injured heading into this game so Bojan Vujic came in for his debut and he kept a clean sheet so I am pleased for him. He is a decent prospect.

--

javor.png

Lineup
- Vujic, Wague, Markovic, Pavlovic, Pete (Yan Couto), Melovic, Doyle (Bogdanovic), Vidosavljevic (Stevanovic), Deric*, Conceicao, Grisales

This was the Igor Deric show as he scored 3 and set up one as we put 5 past Javor here. Kikic got injured during the week so his season is over unfortunately.

--

spartak.png

Lineup - Vujic, Wague, Markovic (Propadalo), Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic, Doyle, Conceicao, Deric, Stevanovic (Mladenovic), Grisales*

We end the league season with a humping of Spartak and Hector Grisales scored 4 of the 5 goals to not only overtake Kikic on the last day as our leading league scorer but also Mladenovic as my leading scorer in all competitions this season!

--

Kup Srbije Final
napredak.png

Lineup
- Vujic, Wague, Markovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Pete, Melovic*, Doyle, Conceicao (Mladenovic), Deric, Stevanovic (Kikic), Grisales

This was a perfect day. Grisales scored another 2 goals to take him past the 30 goal mark for the season and then it was all about sentiments. Wague scored his first goal of the season and then Mladenovic and Kikic came off the bench to score which was quite fitting considering how key they have been for us this season.

--

SUMMARY

We end the season in great form and scoring bucket loads of goals. Hector Grisales himself scored 8 in the 4 matches as we over powered everyone who stood in our way. The league campaign ended with a fine 5-0 win over Spartak which meant that we broke the goals scored record by 1 for the season and we also won the title by 33pts.

In the cup final we overran 2nd division champions, Napredak 5-1 to complete yet another domestic double.

Some sad news however and it was a bit of a blunder from myself. After Milutin Vidosavljevic scored in our 5-2 win over Javor I accepted a bid for him and thought that the deal would go through in the summer but alas he left straight away as he joined Al-Nassr of Saudi Arabia for an initial £6.5m so he missed the cup final. He has been a great servant to the club since I signed him after the first season from Cukaricki for £2.1m. In all he made 252 appearances and scored 78 goals.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HECTOR GRISALES

grisales.png

1622287759162.png

END OF SEASON POST

Another terrific season even though we still didnt achieve either of the 2 aims that I had set out to achieve for the past 4 seasons or so lol.

In the league we were superb and once again won 36 out of 37 games, drawing 1. It was Cukaricki who stopped us getting the 100% record so their card was marked and we duly humped them 5-0 after the split. In the end we scored 127 goals which is a new record and we won the title by 33pts ahead of Vojvodina and 41pts ahead of Partizan Belgrade.

In the Serbian Cup we strolled it. We thrashed Kabel 10-0 in the semis and we almost had the final against our B side but Napredak beat them so we duly sorted them out in the final by beating them 5-1.

As for the Champions League we won our group ahead of Barcelona and then knocked out Atletico Madrid but we lost in the quarter-finals to the holders, PSG, 3-2 on aggregate and they went on to win it. I feel that we are certainly capable of winning the Champions League if we get a decent draw as we dont get humiliated against the big boys but it just hasnt happened yet.

Our performances were much better this season which I put down to having a free summer so my players were fully rested but this summer we have the Euros so next season may be a struggle if we go far.

--

SUPER LIGA
TABLE.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - I spent nearly £30m on a new keeper in the summer and Vandevoordt had a strong season but he did miss 5 games with Copic playing once and young Bojan Vujic came in for the final 4 games of the season, including the cup final.

Defenders - Wague and Pete were my full backs as usual and they did well with Wague scoring a goal in the Serbian Cup final. In the middle we had Pavlovic and Markovic and they were solid without being outstanding while my backup defenders Duric, Propadalo, Balde and Yan Couto hardly played in truth as my first choice defenders didnt miss too many games.

Midfielders - This was the year of Tommy Doyle. He arrived in the summer on a free transfer and I would never have predicted the influence he was going to have. He scored 17 goals and got an amazing 32 assists which is quite incredible. His midfield partner was Dorde Melovic who did well but naturally was completely outshone by Doyle while Bogdanovic played a bit but Mitrovic didnt.

On the RW Zeljko Kikic was back to his best with 28 goals and 17 assists as he terrorised defences although in Europe he struggled a bit. On the other side was my new record signing, Francisco Conceicao. He joined us for £40m to replace Radonjic and the Portuguese player did well with 20 goals and 16 assists and I still think that he can do better. Stevanovic and Vidosavljevic were my backup wingers and they did well when they were called upon.

At AMC Igor Deric did well but he did flit in and out of form but 18 goals and 9 assists is not too bad but he can do better while his backup was Miodrag Obradovic and he had his best season for us and scored 11 goals.

Forwards - I have 2 wonderkid strikers (3 if you include Cepzanovic who was on loan at Marseille) and they both got plenty of games. Grisales started the season and was on fire but by November he was out of form so I gave Mladenovic a start and he was amazing and kept Grisales out until I rested him for the cup semi and then Grisales came in, scored a hat-trick and never looked back as he ended the season with an incredible 15 goals in 7 games. Grisales top scored with 31 goals and Mladenovic had 29.

My Player of the Season - Tommy Doyle
My Young Player of the Season - Filip Mladenovic
Must Do Better - Alejandro Balde
Donkey of the Year - Yan Couto

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have the European Championships with Serbia to contend with and as holders of the World Cup we have to aim for getting into the final rounds. For Red Star I have 1 new signing coming in to replace Milutin Vidosavljevic and other than that I have nothing planned. I will no doubt receive offers for the usual suspects so we shall see what happens.​

1622290216015.png

SERBIA

Friendly
england.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic (Rosic), Markovic, Milenkovic (Duric), Pavlovic, Sehovic (Milic), Melovic (Maslac), Milinkovic-Savic, Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric*, Stevanovic (Joveljic), Jovic

A superb victory as we beat England on their own turf. We surged into a 3 goal lead but took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half and conceded 2 goals. Dragan Rosic came off the bench to make his international debut in goal.

--

Friendly
france.png

Lineup
- Rajkovic (Nikolic), Markovic, Milenkovic, Pavlovic (Ivetic), Sehovic, Melovic (Bogdanovic), Milinkovic-Savic (Maslac), Kikic (V.Vlahovic), Deric (Mladenovic), Stevanovic, Jovic*

Meh. We were 3-1 up but still end up losing however Jovic had a last minute goal disallowed so we almost drew the game. I handed international debuts to Nikolic and my very own Bogdanovic while Milenkovic earned his 100th cap.

--

SQUAD FOR EURO 2028

Goalkeepers
NAMECLUBAGEPOSVALUECAPSGOALS
Dorde NIKOLICAl-Khor31GK£5m10
Predrag RAJKOVICRed St£ar Belgrade32GK£5.5m840
Dragan ROSICVillarreal31GK£12.75m10

Defenders​
NAMECLUBAGEPOSVALUECAPSGOALS
Andrej DURICRed Star Belgrade24DC£8.5m190
Marko IVETICChelsea23DC£12.2m30
Svetozar MARKOVICRed Star Belgrade 28DRC£11m654