The Quest to be the best: An Edinburgh City save

dufcx4xeva

Reaction score
I know i have never finished a story but this is the time I do. Im going to manage Edinburgh City the newest addition to the Scottish League
As you can see we are not the richest only being valued at £450k but that will hopefully change very quickly I am going to try and become the best team in Edinburgh and Scotland and get out of the big two in Edinburghs shadow

We did really well in the Betfred Cup finishing second after beating Dumbarton and Brechin 3-1 and 2-1 respectively

I will be back at the end of the January transfer winndow as i want to speed through the seasons until i get to the premiership

Well to say that this save is going better than expected is an understatement we were predicted to finish bottom but we are currently 5th i am in shock at how well we are doing

League table and fixtures

View attachment 111051View attachment 111050

We have lost only 5 games all season which is insane we have drawn a few games but I'd rather draw than get beat especially when we are predicted to be the worst of the whole league

Irn Bru Cup

View attachment 111049

We have exceeded expectations in the Irn Bru Cup where we were predicted to be put out at the first hurdle but we somehow managed to beat aberdeen and motherwell's u20s and forfar before succumbing to falkirk after extra time

Player of the period

View attachment 111048

It has to be Chris Dickinson he has been immense in both the league and the cups

The next update will be at the end of the season

So we are starting our first in league 1 after our fairytale promotion last season how will we fare lets find out

League table and fixtures

View attachment 110766View attachment 110765

As you can see we are doing pretty well in the league sitting fourth we got humiliated in the betfred cup but we are into the fourth round of the irn bru cup after beating hearts u2os and dundee united 3-2 and 3-0 we now will play cliftonville of northern ireland

Next update will be in february

I ended up playing all the way to the end of the season due to my enjoyment of the save we somehow got promoted to the championship :O no idea how but im not complaining

Somehow we finished 3rd when we were predicted to finish dead last with no hope of staying up

We were as you know rubbish in the Betfred Cup but we got to the quarter final of the Irn Bru Cup losing to morton aet. We got to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup losing 2-0 to ross county all in all not bad

Im really impressed with my players most of them are only highland/lowland league quality but we are one league away from the promised land next update will be at the end of the transfer window in september