stevesteve

Reaction score
So I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will find this an interesting and enjoyable game.

Has anyone started out with rangers? How are you progressing? Great and bad signings etc?

Just me so far then.....

So far I haven't looked too deeply into signings but I am hoping to pick up some free's at the end of the season. In turn I'm letting all my out of contact players go and planning on selling Daly, and Black and Shields who are all on big wages.

Been as easy as you'd expect so far, midway through the season, but it will be good to try and beat queen of the souths record points tally from last year.

Does anyone have any suggestions for signings? I'm thinking Tom Hateley at right back would be a good start.

I started as my beloved Rangers at the beginning of the BETA and have just completed my first season. Promotion is easily achieved without signing anyone however I was keen to try and bring in players that could hold their own even in the SPFL.

My transfers for first season (two highlighted were by my head of development, both pretty rubbish):

View attachment 461523

My first decision was to try and bring in another center back as the Rangers back line is pants on this game (minus Wallace and Faure). Brought in Matthew Bates on a free, as you can see he isn't anything special but does the job.

View attachment 461522
Ebanks-Blake is also available on a free from the start so I waited until his recovery from injury before giving him a deal. Only played 7 games scoring 4 so I'm looking to punt him before the start of the new season.
View attachment 461516
Signed Jack Baldwin as a hopefully long term solution to the defence problem for 100k. Only 5 apperances for the first time but still a good signing none the less.
View attachment 461521
Josh Falkingham was also brought in during the January window for 25k, played 8 scoring 1 and was solid when called upon.
View attachment 461520
Jesus Berrocal and Jay Simpson were brought in for a total of ?2.00 (yes two pounds), most likely also available for free but seeing them sign for ?2 made me giggle. Both quality players who chipped in a good amount of goals between them. If you do try and sign them make sure to take out the wage increases on promotion.
View attachment 461518
View attachment 461517
Ramon Arcas was brought in on a free and has been a solid signing.

View attachment 461519

Future transfers: I have Kelvin Mellor a right back from Crewe and Murray Wallace a centre back from Huddersfield both joining at the end of their contracts. Tried to sign Tom Hately but he wanted 7.5k and ended up signing for Bristol City on 1.5k! Raging!!

This season I won the league at a canter along with the challenge cup and league cup (beating Celtic in the 3rd round on penalties!) Just about to face Celtic in the final of the Scottish cup aswell.

Last edited: