The Rangers Thread.

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
So here we are again, The football season beginning and after a horrible summer for me & any other Rangers fans hopefully it's time to move on and get the team back up to the SPL.

The lows have came and don't look like going away for a while with Edu being the latest player wanting to walk away from the club (I don't blame them)

So to start the thread of before the season begins, A game against Brechin ending 2-1 was not too bad, Although we went to extra time we played a team who played numerous pre-season friendlys and we had played only a few closed door games against each other (Thanks SFA). A Tricky away tie to Falkirk which could show how well we can progress in the future seasons.

So my first question to everyone is this.. Do you think Rangers will have a full stadium for the season ?

My Answer is no, I reckon the first 5-7 home games the stadium will be packed but after that the crowds will die down and then we will go back to normal crowds (Or less), I'm a season ticket holder so i'll be there but A cold december in Scotland who really wants to stand and watch Rangers take on peterhead ? lol What's everyone else's opinion will the fans back up their words "We don't do walking away" or will they show up at the start then fade away when the weather gets bad or the performances aren't great ?

Attendances will more than likely drop significantly this season from last season eventually. As you say I would imagine a large number of Rangers fans will probably go to the first few home games but I just cannot see that lasting for very long. I think the attendances towards the end of the season may even drop down into the 30,000's as the novelty of playing in a lower league wears off. I think that a large number of people that attend football games tend to be much more casual fans than avid hardcore supporters and playing in a lower league will just not attract these people.

I am however very much looking forward to watching Rangers playing their way up the leagues until they reach the top again to challenge Celtic. Its a different kind of challenge and that I think might prove to be extremely interesting to some of the more regular fans of the club.

The first home game of the season approaches Vs East Fife in the league cup! My Season ticket is booked however the cup matches are not included, Trying to phone to buy my ticket all day and phones are packed not even going into a que! (Too many pretend fans going to the first game, then won't be back)

The first home game of the season approaches Vs East Fife in the league cup! My Season ticket is booked however the cup matches are not included, Trying to phone to buy my ticket all day and phones are packed not even going into a que! (Too many pretend fans going to the first game, then won't be back)

Hopefully this game won't be a repeat of one the last hurrah's at Ibrox before Liquidation (the Kilmarnock game), terrible sectarian signing that day. I was unfortunate enough to have listened to that game on the radio.

BBC Sport - SPL investigating fans' sectarian singing at Ibrox

Game last night was superb! Atmosphere was brilliant, 38000 odd people there for a league cup 1st round game. Lets see anyone else pull that achievement out the bag.

As to Juventus's comment - I never heard any at the game however regardless of what everyone thinks there always will be sectarian songs at Rangers & Celtic games and tbh I don't see what the big deal is about. 20-30 years ago it was worse than it is now and no one blinked an eyelid, The Euro's the amount of racist abuse and violence at the games was unreal yet how much was mentioned about that ?

Russian league is full of racial hate and they don't hide it, yet do the teams/fans get punished ? not really.

There alot more incidents that happen in the football world other than some stupid singing that should be brought up yet all anyone wants to do these days is pick on clubs for singing songs rather than clubs that give out racial abuse, throw flares onto the stadiums etc.. - I'm not condoning it because i'm a Rangers fan but the sectarianism gets blown way out of proportion in my opinion and anyone who supports Rangers & Celtic can't say they have never sang or said a sectarian slogan in their lifes because it would be a lie no matter how much they deny it.

Is there anywhere that I could see highlights of last night's game?

I'm not condoning it because i'm a Rangers fan but the sectarianism gets blown way out of proportion in my opinion and anyone who supports Rangers & Celtic can't say they have never sang or said a sectarian slogan in their lifes because it would be a lie no matter how much they deny it.

That is without a doubt, the biggest generalisation and load of ***** I've heard in a long long time.

I have never shouted about the IRA or anything in my life, nor do I care if someone is a protestant.

Game last night was superb! Atmosphere was brilliant, 38000 odd people there for a league cup 1st round game. Lets see anyone else pull that achievement out the bag.

As to Juventus's comment - I never heard any at the game however regardless of what everyone thinks there always will be sectarian songs at Rangers & Celtic games and tbh I don't see what the big deal is about. 20-30 years ago it was worse than it is now and no one blinked an eyelid, The Euro's the amount of racist abuse and violence at the games was unreal yet how much was mentioned about that ?

Russian league is full of racial hate and they don't hide it, yet do the teams/fans get punished ? not really.

There alot more incidents that happen in the football world other than some stupid singing that should be brought up yet all anyone wants to do these days is pick on clubs for singing songs rather than clubs that give out racial abuse, throw flares onto the stadiums etc.. - I'm not condoning it because i'm a Rangers fan but the sectarianism gets blown way out of proportion in my opinion and anyone who supports Rangers & Celtic can't say they have never sang or said a sectarian slogan in their lifes because it would be a lie no matter how much they deny it.

Russia is barely a democracy, and is locking up people left and right if they speak out about the government. Not a good country to compare yourselves with.

Sectarianism takes on racial elements, both clubs fans have serious problems with sectarianism and there's no way you can justify that, or as maxy says generalise every single fan. Also well done for implying that you as a Rangers fan, obviously join in on sectarian singing- real smart, seeing as its a crime.

Last edited:
Aaaanway back to football and away from the bollocks side of football.....whats this about Mike Ashley buying a 10% stake in Rangers?

just saying " There will always be sectarian chanting" is accepting it as the norm. Rangers have a great chance to put all theese stupid songs behind them being a new club but after watching the brechin game I was embarrassed at the songs being sung and any sanctions taken against them are 100% deserved. This has nothing to do with Russia or the euro's! we are talking rangers! Just because what they are doing is worse doesn't mean the sectarian thing is right.

Ok this is a thread for Rangers fans and other fans to talk about Rangers not to talk about the idiot fans that every club has... So please stay on topic and talk about the club! :)

Anyway...

Aaaanway back to football and away from the bollocks side of football.....whats this about Mike Ashley buying a 10% stake in Rangers?

Yea I heard about that on SSN earlier and don't know what to think of it. The guy seems really shady and Newcastle fans don't seem too happy with him so I hope nothing happens with him. Saying that I'm not too sure what it would mean for the club so it could turn out good or it could turn out bad.

Ok this is a thread for Rangers fans and other fans to talk about Rangers not to talk about the idiot fans that every club has... So please stay on topic and talk about the club! :)

Anyway...

Yea I heard about that on SSN earlier and don't know what to think of it. The guy seems really shady and Newcastle fans don't seem too happy with him so I hope nothing happens with him. Saying that I'm not too sure what it would mean for the club so it could turn out good or it could turn out bad.

Perfect for Rangers then : )

Last post on the whole sectarian thing, because every thread always gets turned into it and its annoying, I would rather talk about the games, players etc..

I never said I sing the songs, I used to however now people are being punished i'm not willing to lose my season ticket therefore have stopped! (At least i'm honest) Afterall it's only a song it doesn't do anyone any harm, The police justice system is wrong so many other crimes happening in the world yet they want to pick on football fans for singing a song.

Alot of my good mates are catholic & celtic fans, My girlfriend and family are celtic fans. So I have nothing against Celtic fans nor catholics - Singing songs doesn't harm them it's to wind up the opposition fans and it gets taken too personal nowadays. Man United fans sang about park ji sung eating dogs - No one blinks an eye lid, Rangers sang Nakamura ate my dog and it was the worst thing ever. Rangers & Celtic fans are bad as each other when it comes to sectarian singing and it is most likely always going to be a part of the old firm no matter what sanctions be brought in, I've witnessed alot worse (Someone taking cocaine) right behind me and beside kids!

But anywayyyy, Dean Shiels what a signing he was, Lee wallace looking great aswell, As for Mike Ashley buying, as long as the club becomes successful, makes money and doesn't go down the same route as murray and whyte then I don't care who gets involved as long as my club is successful and is run the correct way.

Rangers 5 - 1 East Stirling - Little(3), Sandaza, Mcculloch

IMG_0081.jpg

Entering the stadium ground in the car park the first thing I saw was a double decker Irn bru bus, selling bottles of irn bru and letting people go to the top deck of it lol, Proudly showing the sponsors of the lower leagues.

IMG_0076.jpg

The stadium was a sell out and new owner Charles Green spoke before the match thanking the fans and mentioning that Ibrox was the 2nd highest attendance in the UK today.! 33'000 season tickets plus were sold in 2 weeks and around 40'000 at a league cup first round match vs East Fife.

The game started off dreadfully with the referee giving East Stirling a penalty in the 2nd minute with it being converted to the keepers left as Alexander went to the right! - Also understand why the referee is a 3rd division ref and not a spl one some poor decisions against both teams. Great game today, Atmosphere great and could have easily been 6 or 7 goals for us and East Stirling could have had a few more aswell if they taken their chances!

Would also like to say I hope that the East Stirling player is ok after he was taken off at half time as his father was close to passing away, My heart goes out to him and his family and hope hes back playing football soon.

Andy Little pulled the game level and added a 2nd before half time thankfully giving the home crowd something to cheer about although everyone surely was thinking of last week vs Peterhead being 2-1 up!

Thankfull the second half was a massive improvement and Rangers showed their class and the way I and most people expect them to play throughout the season. Although Little played amazing and got a hat-trick, My personal favourite and man of the match today was Barrie McKay who was outstanding when he came on, Constantly dribbling round the East Stirling players, creating chances and setting up Lee Mcculloch who celebrated by crediting McKay for the set up.

Ian black who was targeted by Scotland fans with lots of boo's in the midweek match was constantly cheered and applaudd by us, The ones who boo'd him constantly when he played for hearts lol! A banner was unveiled by the Union Bears saying "welcome to our world Ian Black - No one likes us we don't care" which was applauded by the whole crowd.

IMG_0078.jpg

The only critical thing I had apart from the long balls and slow start, Kirk Broadfoot is not cut out for Rangers at any level he's simply not good enough and a liability and I would rather see a younger player come through like Darren Cole get a chance and prove himself like Mckay and Little have.

Yeah, I was at this game (Raith Fan) and I found it funny- I don't understand why he was suspended. It was like Dunfermline vs Raith (big derby) when their Mascot was in a cardboard tank and started "Shooting at us"- he got fined... It's just a bit of a laugh!

This is the first I've heard about it, Couldn't care less what other teams/fans/people say about Rangers but if this was one of my club's staff doing it to another then I would expect punishment on them, as it's about pride and professionalism and obviously they feel emarrased by the guy slating another team (especially one that beat them)

Most people won't even react but you do get idiots from the club who would take offence as always like when east stirling scored their pen at the weekend and ran past our stand putting his hands up to the crowd saying shhh and a number of people went mental, It's Stupidity! The problem with football nowadays is it's too seriously when it comes to saying things about other clubs and having banter the fun is being taken out of the game.

But the same applys to the announcer as it does to the Policeman who I believe is losing his job ? after the 5-1 jibe to hibs fans when they played Hearts, Granted its banter and a laugh but hes there to do a job and prevent trouble rather than cause it.

Great game today again, Needs to continue away from home though, Templeton was a great signing, worrying thing is the defence is really weak and the players brought in for the positions don't look too great. Glas we got rid of Bocanegra though as he didn't look interested in playing at all, And Broadfoot is well Broadfoot! The attacking side looks great with the exception of Sandaza who is a waste of wages in my opinion as our youth Little/McKay/Mcleoud all look better than him and I think hes been poor so far & Kyle isn't fit enough especially for the third division against younger players looking to make a name for themselves. But some great football at the game and sure the Elgin players loved being applauded off the park by Rangers fans after the game as they applauded the fans as they left for the tunnel. Referees once again showing why their 3rd division as they were useless. However an attack force combined of Little, Shiels, Templeton, Mckay & Little look amazing together and should bring us many 5 goal games at Ibrox and hopefully away from home aswell. Looking forward to next Home game in the Ramsdens Cup QF. Annan away first though hopefully our first away win of the season.

Finally, Once again Rangers had the biggest crowd in Scotland, not bad for a 3rd division team eh ?