The 'Rate My Transfer Dealings' Thread (2011)

timmsy123

Reaction score
Thought it might be a good idea if there was a thread where people could post screenshots of there transfer dealings (in and out) and say which pieces of business they were happy with and which they weren't so pleased with. Others can then rate the business done by others and ask questions/comment such as 'what made you sell that player?' etc...

I'll begin...

View attachment 120552

*Note...

View attachment 120553

NB - These players join at the end of the season in their respective countries. I did this as they are all youngsters and I wasn't planning on playing them straight away so thought they may as well spend the season at their previous club to get more experience before joining.

Things I am happy with:
+ Singing Eljero Elia. One of the best wingers in the game IMHO been playing very well.
+ Signing Adil Rami. Very solid centre back, popped up with a couple of goals already and was relatively cheap.

Things I wasn't so pleased with:
- Feel like I paid well over the odds for Iker Muniain and Christian Eriksen given their current ability and age. However, I really wanted them both and believe they will turn out to be Stars.

Rate away! (And post your own of course)

You overpaid MASSIVELY for Iker Muniain. He's definitely not worth £21m in the first season.

Ibrahim Affelay - Free
Ivan Rakitic - Free

Both joining next season, will provide screenshot if needed.

You overpaid MASSIVELY for Iker Muniain. He's definitely not worth £21m in the first season.

Tell me about it! But they wouldn't accept any less than his minimum release fee! I really wanted him though so I just paid it.

Jamie O'Hara - £1.7m (2nd Season)
Romelu Lukaku - £10m (2nd Season)
Vedad Ibisevic - £7.5m (1st Season)

4753435.jpg

red dots indicate that the players were/are in my 1st team squad...the rest are youth players

Jamie O'Hara - £1.7m (2nd Season)
Romelu Lukaku - £10m (2nd Season)
Vedad Ibisevic - £7.5m (1st Season)

Post some screenshots so I can scrutinise all of your transfer business :p

To be honest mate, any time your spending 87million and only receive 3million in return, then your transfer dealings aren't good. Regardless of what team you are...especially if you spend 21million on a player like Muniain when there are at least 15-20 young players available in his position who are going to be just as good as him.
No offence, but if you post asking for your terrible transfer dealings to be rated you have to expect criticism.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Rami7 you've done pretty well for yourself there, would be interesting to see what you did in the first season. I see you bought Abubakari Yakubu, who was a great signing for my Blackpool team

I honestly think you are the best manager the earth has witnessed. I mean making those CRUCIAL, IMPORTANT, CHEAP singings with a team that barely has any money in their budget is a talent you must be proud to have. No, but really, I think you are the Jose Mourinho of FM. The profit of astonishing -85 Million is what every manager would want. Keep on the good work.

To be honest mate, any time your spending 87million and only receive 3million in return, then your transfer dealings aren't good. Regardless of what team you are...especially if you spend 21million on a player like Muniain when there are at least 15-20 young players available in his position who are going to be just as good as him.
No offence, but if you post asking for your terrible transfer dealings to be rated you have to expect criticism.

I'm Manchester City, money is no object spending loads and getting none back is what they do IRL. Where did I say criticism wasn't allowed or get annoyed when someone criticised me? I like Muniain, so paid what I had to get him. I hope that clears up any concerns you may have.

Last edited:
I honestly think you are the best manager the earth has witnessed. I mean making those CRUCIAL, IMPORTANT, CHEAP singings with a team that barely has any money in their budget is a talent you must be proud to have. No, but really, I think you are the Jose Mourinho of FM. The profit of astonishing -85 Million is what every manager would want. Keep on the good work.

This is a thread to comment on the players bought and people to compare and share opinions, no need to be a c*nt.

This is a thread to comment on the players bought and people to compare and share opinions, no need to be a c*nt.

Nah, I'm serious. And the fact that you support United, and start a game with City and then brag about signings anybody can make is the best part. That's what you call loyality. Great transfers bro. Cheers.

Nah, I'm serious. And the fact that you support United, and start a game with City and then brag about signings anybody can make is the best part. That's what you call loyality. Great transfers bro. Cheers.

Again, you're a c*nt

This is my first game on the new FM and started as City to get the hang of things. What are you talking about loyalty its a football manager game? I support Northampton and follow Man Utd mate cheers. Stop being a troll and spamming the thread.

Just signed Meralem Pjanic on a free transfer for Arsenal (season 2013/14)

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Rami7 you've done pretty well for yourself there, would be interesting to see what you did in the first season. I see you bought Abubakari Yakubu, who was a great signing for my Blackpool team

4753756.jpg

These are my 1st season transfers...first season was a bit of a mess, got relegated. But I persuaded the board to give me some time and I've finally got a strong squad that are getting results (albeit in the Championship). Yakubu was recommended by people here, and my scouts convinced me to sign him, but he was one of the worst players in my starting XI (average rating: 6.27)...which is a shame as his stats and scout reports
suggested he'd be great :mad: Lee Hodson's doing good atm as his replacement.

Here are my second season dealing's for Benfica

755691158.png

I also sold Cardozo for 11million but that shows up on last season's transfer's for some reason >_>

Deportivo, 1st season

IN:

Vaclav Kadlec - 1.5m
Enzo Maresca - free
Federico Fazio - 625k
Dodo - 1.5m
Vincent Enyeama - 250k
Gai Assulin - free

Total:

3.9m

OUT:

Lassad - 3.1m