Blastard through pre-season with Manchester United and made a good start in our first game. The trouble i'm having is in the away matches. I have all 3 tactics fully mastered, by the team, a few players need a few more games.

As i mentioned, away games are a real struggle. I have 1 win from 6 away games losing 2 (West Ham & Bournemouth) and drawing 3 (Standard, Hertha & Watford) I played Anubis V's Bournemouth and Watford as they parked the bus but with no luck.

Do you change anything for away games?

Blastard through pre-season with Manchester United and made a good start in our first game. The trouble i'm having is in the away matches. I have all 3 tactics fully mastered, by the team, a few players need a few more games.

As i mentioned, away games are a real struggle. I have 1 win from 6 away games losing 2 (West Ham & Bournemouth) and drawing 3 (Standard, Hertha & Watford) I played Anubis V's Bournemouth and Watford as they parked the bus but with no luck.

Do you change anything for away games?
I change in game depending on what opposition lines up, AI makes changes during the game and I change stuff to counter those threats when it happens, I did few posts on specific changes and uploaded .PKMs files to show how games went on...

You are using Salah as AP and you have one of best in game Playmakers(coutinho)? Now that's an interesting pick, tho I would go for mirror version and mirror whole tactic, that way AP would be Coutinho and he can wreck in that slot, but I like midfield all 3 players are capable in art of pass and in art of defense.

Help

I've read all your in-depth explanations, but you surely do not expect that newbie users will know exactly what to do and when to apply your explanation.

Having that in-mind, what would be your ideal setup for the season, what tactics to use during the season vs most clubs / hard clubs (?) / top clubs

Also could you resume most important attributes by position if possible please? For example

GK : IMPORTANT attr.

- Attr. 1
- Attr. 2

if attr is secondary

- Attr. 3
- Attr. 4

WB: etc ....

Also could you resume most important attributes by position if possible please? For example

GK : IMPORTANT attr.

- Attr. 1
- Attr. 2

if attr is secondary

- Attr. 3
- Attr. 4

WB: etc ....

GK I use best shot stopper, not much to say here, he needs to deal with shots and if defense is a bit slow he will have 1 on 1 situations so that's a plus

CD's need some pace acceleration but mental come first, decisions, positioning, anticipation, concentration, bravery, aggression(over 15 aggression might result in more cards) now I would recommend all of these at at least 12 but best case would be to have Positioning, Anticipation, concentration at 14+ and marking + tackling also around 14, jump reach and heading at 13+ and if he has marks tightly PPM unlearn it, if the has that they will drag him out of position easier

First touch, Composure, passing 10+ after all they need to be able to provide some recycle passess

WB's need standard Fullback attributes pace, acceleration, stamina, workrate, anticipation, decisions, first touch, passing, composure, positioning, tackling, marking all should be at 11+ and add crossing dribling technique if he is more offensive at around 13
for most positions you can highlight positional attributes and if he has anything low than he ain't really suited

DLP(D) standard playmaker stats, but if he has low off the ball it isn't a worry since he will stay deep, most importantly passing, anticipation, decisions, concentration, first touch, composure, positioning and vision should be 11+ for top teams try to get 12+,
he also needs good marking and tacking, and teamwork is a must since he is recycler he needs to think of team first, high workrae is a plus as well since he will move sideways to open himself up.

RPM needs all that DLP has but he can have lower defensive attributes, but he needs to compensate those with some agility, balance and dribling, he absolutely needs teamwork, off the ball and workrate, since his role is to run around opening for a pass and linking up play, stamina is also a must for this one, for example I used Santi Cazorla as RPM first season and he was good but since he is phisicaly weak I had to sub him out every 2 games since the tempo of game was killing him, but Lewis cook and Ramsey didn't have that sort of trouble, that's a difference of just few attributes...

CM(A) if someone remembers central winger from earlier FM's that's how this one is done, but basically he isn't just that he needs to defend as well, so he needs to have same thing RPM is having but good finishing and off the ball needs to be 12+ for him to make a good run in final third, if he is allrounder like Vidal for example he will also be a nuisance for the opposition in defensive phase so that sort of player is a win win situation, I used Ramsey and Cook both here and they both did good, imo someone like Delle Ali could be perfect pick for this slot since he has it all in offensive sense.

AP(S) I think this one is clear, when you highlight Advanced Playmaker you can see the attributes he needs, of all of those focus on composure, teamwork, passing and first touch as most important(14+), and in addition add workrate agility balance as bonus picks at 11+ and you get a final third dynamo, Ozil for example is fine example how to do it, Coutinho, De Bruyne, Hazard, and mine fav if he doesn't get injured like moron is Jackie boy, wilshere can dominate this position (in AMR slot) he has all traits of a good playmaker and he is aggressive for effective high pressing which this guy needs to do.

IF(S) on support duty this guy has few tasks, one of those is 2ndry playmaker, so it would be good to have same stats as on AP(S) but this one needs more off the ball acceleration and finishing since he will start wider than AP(S) and move inside picking up a pass dribling some and laying it of to DLF or making a smart pass to another teammate, main role of both AP and IF is to create a bit of havoc and shift opposition, also first touch composure are a must and for effective team play teamwork and workrate are needed. Alexis did awesome in this role, but tbh he can be awesome in any role up front, but, Iwobi is also good here, he has neat mentals and is able to technically pull it of

DLF(A)
this guy is a needle, he needs finishing and off the ball and he needs to be either a good technical player or a mountain, DLF(A) holds up ball, there are two ways of holding ball up, one is giroud way shield it by his 2m body and who can touch it? other way is Aguero way, low gravity centre(in game that translates as good balance and agility) and great technicalls so that he can move around with the ball and hold it up with his dribble to play in teammates. Again he will need first touch since to preserve ball means that players can't receive it and tap it 5m ahead, he needs to be able to tap it down for himself and steady it before deciding what will he do with it next, again, Highlited stuff is all you need to see if a player is good enough, and you can opt for either STR based player(Giroud, Lewandowski) or for small techicall wisard(Messi, Aguero, Dybala) dybala actually has some str as well so I picked him fro mine save, that fella never failed me, but Giroud can make a mess on his own and on plus side he can be a pressence in the box, he can smack those headers in for fun.

In the end of the day attributes play a big role, but providing a list of those is tricky, why?
Let's say you are playing JSL and I'm playing EPL, you can't expect to get same quality players in both leagues, EPL players will always have greater quality, best way to see how good your league stats are is to go in team comparison and to see leaue average for stats in each position and then see if your players meet the criteria, you should always aim to be the best but if that isn't doable aim for top 5 and aim that your players are in that top 5 in those stats that you need....

You are using Salah as AP and you have one of best in game Playmakers(coutinho)? Now that's an interesting pick, tho I would go for mirror version and mirror whole tactic, that way AP would be Coutinho and he can wreck in that slot, but I like midfield all 3 players are capable in art of pass and in art of defense.[/QUOTE]

Salah is playing well as AP, I use him both sides, depends on how the game goes. Mirror is always an option

In the end of the day attributes play a big role, but providing a list of those is tricky, why?
Let's say you are playing JSL and I'm playing EPL, you can't expect to get same quality players in both leagues, EPL players will always have greater quality, best way to see how good your league stats are is to go in team comparison and to see leaue average for stats in each position and then see if your players meet the criteria, you should always aim to be the best but if that isn't doable aim for top 5 and aim that your players are in that top 5 in those stats that you need....

I totally see your point, but follow me, if you make a list of those most important attr. you can get an idea of what your players need, for example:

Striker
Finishing : 15
Composure : 15

Now you have an idea of what your striker needs, but if you have some common sense and logic, you know that for lower leagues/teams those attributes lower.

I loved your in-depth explanation and appreciate it deeply

I totally see your point, but follow me, if you make a list of those most important attr. you can get an idea of what your players need, for example:

Striker
Finishing : 15
Composure : 15

Now you have an idea of what your striker needs, but if you have some common sense and logic, you know that for lower leagues/teams those attributes lower.

I loved your in-depth explanation and appreciate it deeply

I understand what you are saying, but with set attributes it would be only 2 players could fit in, that would mean you are pretty restricted in picking players, but to avoid confusion Ill do a list of attributes and explain which ones are primary and most needed.
In mine saves I either hand pick attributes when I'm searching or use Keysie Rensie ones, those are really good, and on top of his/her filters I add 14 determination for all positions and I try to have 11+ teamwork/workrate everywhere, positional wise: 10-12 composure for CB, 10-13 for FB and WB, 12-15 for DLP, 12-16 for all CM positions and 14-16 for all AML AMR and ST positions I start with lower value and rise it to see if there is someone who has ultimate composure for position.

Google Keysie Rensie filters if you want, those filters are really cool if you don't want to try handpicking them.

Ill do full attributes list during the day, gotta finish mine Kidderminster Harriers Sky Bet league 2 challenge first :D

Since it would be easier for you fellas to get right players by knowing needed attributes I'm gonna write those down:

GK: Stick to the scout report on this one but make sure he has:
12+ anticipation
13+ positioning
14+ Decisions
These 3 are lowest I would use, aim for at least 15+ in each slot.
As for the rest these are needed since you are going to play high back line football:
14+ one on ones
13+ command of area
10+ first touch
and under 13 eccentricity

One on ones is clear why and command of area is there since you are playing offside trap most of time, that means he needs to know how to organize your CB's when opposition evades your initial press and that he needs to step out of the line and collect crosses and cut of passes. First touch is needed since from time to time he will recycle possession and you don't want him to hand it to opposition and low eccentricity ensures he doesn't try to be Begovic and score a goal from his own 16m box.

CB:
First and foremost in all mine positions is mental skill of a player so a CB needs these:
15+ Positioning
14+ Anticipation
13+ Concentration
13+ Decisions
13+ Bravery
12+ Aggression but try to keep it under 16(higher aggression means more cards and more risky tackles)
10+ Composure
11+ Teamwork
12+ Workrate (he needs TW and WR since CB line is near half of the pitch combine these with composure and your CB isn't just standing there chilling he will actually look to open himself up and ensure possession stays on you when your build up fails)
13+ Acceleration
13+ pace
14+ jumping reach
14+ strength
10+ balance
14+ heading
14+ tackling
14+ marking
12+ passing

Now if you are playing young and promising CB who doesn't fit the bill like for example Vallejo, Jorge Mere, Mammana etc don't be afraid to use him, but pair him up with a good CB, I used Paulista, he ain't word class but combined with Kosc or Mustafi he is, look to pair them up good so they can cover each other weaknesses.
Avoid having a player with PPM: gets forward whenever possible and marks opponents tightly, personally I would avoid tackles harder since I like mine players on their feet and able to respond if they fail on initial tackle.

FB(S) WB(A):
Again mentals come first:
11+ Positioning
12+ Composure
13+ Anticipation
10+ Aggression
10+ Bravery
Agression and Bravery are bonus stats

13+ Workrate
12+ Teamwork
13+ Off the ball
13+ Concentration
13+ Decisions
14+ Stamina
14+ Pace
14+ Acceleration
13+ Agility
10+ Balance
12+ Dribling
14+ Crossing
13+ first touch
13+ Passing
13+ Marking
13+ Tackling
11+ Technique

Again as in CB case if he doesn't fit the bill look if he can compensate, for example Bellerin can compensate some of his poor stats with his sheer speed, he is quick enough even if he makes initial mistake to cover for himself.
These would be near perfect stats for both positions, if you can't find suitable players look for more offensive minded WB like Alaba, Layun, Bernat, Alba, Gaya those who can shine in one phase and for FB look for defensive minded FB like Azpilicueta, Carvajal, Mallo, Jonny these are able to bomb forward but they are very capable at defensive duties which is their stronger side.

Avoid cuts inside ppm and good ones are runs with ball down the left/right and gets further forward.

DLP(D):
13+ positioning
13+ Anticipation
13+ concentration
13+ decisions
12+ teamwork
12+ workrate
12+ vision
12+ bravery
10+ aggression
13+ composure
10+ off the ball
11+ acceleration
12+ balance
11+ agility
12+ strength(optional, it would be good to have more than 10)
13+ first touch
13+tecnique
13+tackling
13+ marking
13+ passing

Again these are perfect stats and a player who fails in one or two aspects can still work, just make sure those aspects aren't his core mentals for recycling play or his defensive screen.
Good PPMs: Stays back, Dictates tempo, Switches play to other side, Stops play(Dwells on ball is bad PPM which isn't same as Stops play)
Bad PPMS: Gets forward, runs with ball down right/left, marks tighter, tackles hard, tries tricks and other risky play PPMS

RPM(S) and CM(A):

these fellas would be perfect as a more offensive version of your DLP(D) so their stats should be the same as DLP with these changes:

10+ aggresion
10+ bravery
13+ decisions
10+ positioning
13+ vision
14+ off the ball
14+ composure
14+ vision
13+ teamwork
13+ workrate
13+ stamina
13+ balance
13+ agility
12+ strength(optonal)
13+ acceleration
13+ pace
14+ first touch
13+ dribling
11+ finishing
12+ long shots (optional)
14+ pasing
14+ technique
10+ marking
10+ tackling

And all rounded mid duo, well trio if you count DLP, good thing to consider is to put more offensive minded player (Ramsey, Wilsshere, Iniesta, Tielemans, Pogba, Alli, Herrera etc) in CM(A) slot, well rounded mid(Pogba, Cook, Bazoer, Keita Nabi,Dembele, Kante, Cook) in RPM role and more defensive minded ones (Matic, Kante, Maia, Coquelin(to some extent) Busquets, Javi Martinez) in DLP role, these 3 roles have drastc mentality difference and need to work together and link up with each other and rest of the team, the whole system is highly structured so the RPM role is really important(along other supportive roles) for link up play

CM(A) PPMs: good ones would be: gets further forward, runs with ball often(if good dribler), tries long shots(if good at long shots), shoots with power, moves into channels and tries trough balls(if he is good passer 15+ passing, flair, vision)

RPM(S) PPMs: good would be: Comes deep to get the ball, dribbles more(if good dribler), trough balls(same as CM(A) case), dictates tempo(avoid having this PPM on both RPM and DLP it can work but it isn't advisable), in case of Kante like player the PPM plays short passes is really good, with that option he will open himself up around pitch and shift the balance of build up with those short passes, but that is situational PPM

IF(S):

Aggresion 10+
Anticipation 13+
Bravery 10+
Composure 14+
Concentration 12+
Decisions 13+
Off the ball 14+
Teamwork 13+
Vision 14+
Flair 13+
Workrate 11+
Acceleration 14+
Agility 13+
Balance 12+
Pace 14+
Stamina 13+
Strength 9+
First touch 14+
Dribling 14+
Passing 14+
Technique 14+
Finishing 14+
Crossing 11+
Long shots 12+ (bonus stat)

Good PPMs: Plays trough balls, cuts inside, dribles a lot, places shots, plays one twos

AP(S):
Same as IF with a change of PPMs add looks for pass rather then shooting

DLF(A):
Same as IF(S) but add +1 to these stats:
Finishing
Composure
Acceleration
Pace
Off the ball
Anticipation
Dribling
Technique
and these PPMs: comes deep to get the ball, places shots, plays one twos, plays trough passes(if good paser like Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Neymar), runs with ball often(good driblers).

In case of using Hades:
CM(S) uses RPM(S) filter;
F9 add dictates tempo to PPM's and use DLF(A) attributes filter.

Last edited:
Well, bought lemar for Left Wing, bernardeschi for right wing, dier for DM, romagnoli for CB, I already had Bailly for CB and nelson semedo rb, jetro willems lb, bought also belotti for DLP.

I also have Rui Patricio as GK, Daniel Bragança and Francisco Geraldes almost maxed out potential for midfielders

Lost 4-1 to Man U at their home using hades, lost 1-0 at home using Veles to Zenit, lost 1-0 away to porto and benfica.

I'm really lost now

Well, bought lemar for Left Wing, bernardeschi for right wing, dier for DM, romagnoli for CB, I already had Bailly for CB and nelson semedo rb, jetro willems lb, bought also belotti for DLP.

I also have Rui Patricio as GK, Daniel Bragança and Francisco Geraldes almost maxed out potential for midfielders

Lost 4-1 to Man U at their home using hades, lost 1-0 at home using Veles to Zenit, lost 1-0 away to porto and benfica.

I'm really lost now

Did you see the part about applying tweaks when facing certain AI responses? Those were examples of how you tweak when you recognize what AI is doing during the game, Man Utd smashed you since you probably left slightly higher line and didn't pass into space to avoid that high press they apply....

btw Bernardeschi I hate that one....

This thread isn't just download plug in and play tactic, its tactical explanation of how something works in this years FM and how to avoid being defeated and how to counter AI, each formation has its own strengths and weaknesses and by recognizing those you profit.
Plug and play days are over, using exploits and playing game the way you don't want to play with 3 CBs or without strikers isn't how I want to play FM, point of this stuff I'm saying here, FM isn't about finding tactic online and just using it and pressing next next and building squad around and smilling, the thrill of the game is making those tweaks and knowing which one to make during the game so that you exploit AI weakness and at same time shield your weakness, that's how I see FM, pressing "instant result" and just setting training is like playing Minesweeper on Intel i9, you don't even scratch the surface of the game....

That's just how I see it....

Did you see the part about applying tweaks when facing certain AI responses? Those were examples of how you tweak when you recognize what AI is doing during the game, Man Utd smashed you since you probably left slightly higher line and didn't pass into space to avoid that high press they apply....

btw Bernardeschi I hate that one....

This thread isn't just download plug in and play tactic, its tactical explanation of how something works in this years FM and how to avoid being defeated and how to counter AI, each formation has its own strengths and weaknesses and by recognizing those you profit.
Plug and play days are over, using exploits and playing game the way you don't want to play with 3 CBs or without strikers isn't how I want to play FM, point of this stuff I'm saying here, FM isn't about finding tactic online and just using it and pressing next next and building squad around and smilling, the thrill of the game is making those tweaks and knowing which one to make during the game so that you exploit AI weakness and at same time shield your weakness, that's how I see FM, pressing "instant result" and just setting training is like playing Minesweeper on Intel i9, you don't even scratch the surface of the game....

That's just how I see it....

I've applied those tweaks you mentioned + unticked offside trap and that's when I suffered 2 goals in a row.

I don't get why are you so upset? I just told you my results after reading all your explanations and applying them in-game with no avail.

I've applied those tweaks you mentioned + unticked offside trap and that's when I suffered 2 goals in a row.

I don't get why are you so upset? I just told you my results after reading all your explanations and applying them in-game with no avail.

I ain't upset, just stating mine view on things, AI doesn't always apply same tweaks to counter you, the one I wrote about was to counter that AI, in your save Mourinho for example might play 4231 Wide which he never did in mine save, those were examples of what to do to achieve same effect of tactic when AI counters you, those aren't strict guidelines which say you have to press this or that, those are situational tweaks for specific threats which I made to explain how to use certain TI's to your benefit vs some threats....