TheVermonster

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone had any interested in a Birmingham city story. I've already started on the kits. Want to know if it would be interesting for everyone?

American Billionaire buys Birmingham City FC...

Birmingham (BBC). Today, Birmingham City Football Club can announce the sale of the club, and all it's assets, including St Andrews, to American Billionaire and Microsoft Co-Founder, Paul Allen. Mr. Allen is and accomplished businessman and avid sports fan. Mr. Allen is the owner of the National Football League team, and the current World Champion Seattle Seahawks, as well as the best attended Football team in Major League Soccer, The Seattle Sounders FC.

Mr Allen Stated "It is a privilage and an honor to take over one of the United Kingdoms Great football teams. My team and I are willing to back this project with all the tools and funding that will help advance Birmingham City football club and push it to the top of the English Game. Proud to be Blues"

BCFCWEB-"Thank you Mr. Allen for sitting down with the official club website. The website of your team. First, let me ask your initial thoughts on Birmingham City Football Club."
"Let Me start by saying, I am extremely proud and honored to be at the helm of best club in the city of Birmingham. No offense to the supporters of Aston Villa, but, Birmingham City is going to be the biggest, strongest, club in the city. That is a promise to all the supporters. I am a very ambitious man, and I felt that Birmingham City is a club that ticked all the boxes when I was looking to expand my sports portfolio into European football"
"Birmingham City is a sleeping giant of a club, the city is very big, and has a great sporting culture. Not all that dissimilar to my hometown of Seattle Washington. Anyone who follows the N.F.L. or Major League Soccer, knows that my two seattle teams are both at the top of the league, in fact, the SeaHawks are the defending Super Bowl Champions."
BCFCWEB-"Can You tells us a couple of your plans for the football club?"
"First off, let me state, that Birmingham City football club is now debt free. As I promised the board during the takeover, I have cleared all the debt from the club. From this point on BCFC does not have that cloud of former mismanagement hanging over its head".
"Secondly, I will be hiring top notch football people to run this club. One thing I do know, is I don't know enough about the game to get involved in player decisions. That will be left up to the first team coach. He will have the final say in all playing personnel decisions."

BCFCWEB-"The question the fans are most interested in is the amount that will be made available for the playing squad"
"I will pledge right now, 18 million pounds for transfers. Again, this will be spent by and at the discretion of the first team manager. The board, the supporters, the city want The Club in the Barclay's Premier league, and that is his mandate. Get the club promoted. Eventually, challenging for European places and building one of the top youth academies and setups in the country. That is where BCFC is headed."
BCFCWEB-"Will Lee Clark be continuing on as First Team Manager"
"Lee Clark has been a great servant of Birmingham City Football club, but no. He will not. He has however graciously agreed to say on for one years time, to help the new man transition into the role. I know Lee, who saw the club when it was at it's lowest, during the previous regimes mismanagement want's to see BCFC succeed."
BCFCWEB-Will there be more announcements coming?
"Yes, there are three major announcements for next week. two financial and one for the Managers job, so I hope everyone is looking forward to those, and to the future of the club."

Here are your latest odds for the open First Team Manager of Birmingham City
DAVID MOYES- 2-1
PAOLO DICANIO 6-1
TOM INCE 20-1

I do love a Birmingham story purely because they are my favourite team and I think they are a good challenge. It will be interesting to see what kind of players you can sign straight away with the big income of money from the new owners. The hardest part of starting a new game with Birmingham is that you cant go out and spend anything to change the squad but you have been able to get round that.

I to am a Birmingham Fan..even being from the States.waaaay back when I started watching football here, in the early 90's they were a team I always admired. I wanted to see if, with a little American Billionaire backing, if I could help them reach the top. Thanks for reading and keep a lookout for pre-season, first signings and the appointment of a new manager!